Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
graphMate - Commercial - Released
Posted: 18 December 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

I was watching the videos… I’ll eventually be investing in these!  They look amazing.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 18 December 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2012-07-26

Can TCB tweaks made in graphMate be imported into AniMate2 or are they completely lost? 

If they are lost, I assume we can always export/import BVH but then we have 1 key per frame.

Thanks!

Signature 

Swawa3D.com | email | twitter | YouTube animations
Galleries:  deviantART | facebook | Google+ | DAZ Gallery

Posted: 18 December 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2008-04-10
Swawa - 18 December 2012 01:34 PM

Can TCB tweaks made in graphMate be imported into AniMate2 or are they completely lost? 

If they are lost, I assume we can always export/import BVH but then we have 1 key per frame.

Thanks!

aniMate uses a different spline system so the tweaks are lost.  What we could do is allow an option in aniMate2 to add more keyframes in the aniBlock so that shape is the same as what you tweaked.

The BVH idea should work.

Posted: 18 December 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18

Hi…

Thank you Go Figure for resolving the Serial Number snafu…

and a big Thank You again for your work on improving animation in Studio…

nicci… smile

Posted: 18 December 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  347
Joined  2007-07-31

The graphmate product page states “graphmate can be used with Daz Studio or as a stand alone.

quote GraphMate is a graph editor. Use it as a companion to keyMate for the ultimate in traditional keyFrame animation in DAZ Studio, or use it as a standalone product. unquote

Does this mean you can start up Graphmate without Daz studio running and

If so what files can it open and save .? 

product page   http://www.daz3d.com/shop/graphmate

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 18 December 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
0oseven - 18 December 2012 02:13 PM

The graphmate product page states “graphmate can be used with Daz Studio or as a stand alone.

quote GraphMate is a graph editor. Use it as a companion to keyMate for the ultimate in traditional keyFrame animation in DAZ Studio, or use it as a standalone product. unquote

Does this mean you can start up Graphmate without Daz studio running and

If so what files can it open and save .? 

product page   http://www.daz3d.com/shop/graphmate

Sorry, I should change that.  It was meant to mean
- Use it as a companion to keyMate for the ultimate in traditional keyFrame animation or use it without without keyMate.  Purchasing keyMate is not required.

Posted: 18 December 2012 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2006-09-05

WONDERFUL! I’ll get it now!

Signature 

http://mcmxc2.deviantart.com

Posted: 18 December 2012 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  347
Joined  2007-07-31

Thanks GoFifigure !

I thought stand alone would be to good to be true LOL
As a Carrara user I do my best to avoid DazStudio but the grapheditor looks very intresting and easier maybe than carrara’s built in one.

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 19 December 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2010-03-19

Does anyone else find that the graphMate plugin randomly freezes their machine when changing the interpolation type of keyframes?

It’s happened to me several times last night after purchasing the plugin. My computer becomes completely frozen and I am forced to do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE to bring up the Windows 7 Task Manager and only then does my machine become unfrozen.

I found that this happens on both the 23bit and 64bit versions of the plugin when running DAZ Studio version 4.5.1.6.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

My machine’s specs:
- Windows 7 Pro
- Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
- 12GB DDR3 RAM
- GeForce GTS 450 w/ 1023MB

Signature 

—Artman009
http://cautiouslyoptimisticfilmmaking.blogspot.com/

Posted: 19 December 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
Artman009 - 19 December 2012 08:34 AM

Does anyone else find that the graphMate plugin randomly freezes their machine when changing the interpolation type of keyframes?

It’s happened to me several times last night after purchasing the plugin. My computer becomes completely frozen and I am forced to do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE to bring up the Windows 7 Task Manager and only then does my machine become unfrozen.

I found that this happens on both the 23bit and 64bit versions of the plugin when running DAZ Studio version 4.5.1.6.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

My machine’s specs:
- Windows 7 Pro
- Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
- 12GB DDR3 RAM
- GeForce GTS 450 w/ 1023MB

I will certainly investigate this.

Posted: 19 December 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2010-03-19

Well, it seems a reboot may have solved this (whatever it was) as I now cannot seem to recreate the problem. I’ll continue to experiment with the plugin.

Special thanks goes to Go_Figure for his fast response and assistance! Much appreciated.

Signature 

—Artman009
http://cautiouslyoptimisticfilmmaking.blogspot.com/

Posted: 17 September 2013 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2013-09-08

Same thing happened to me, and a reboot fixed it.
I was getting a crash whenever I tried to drag select some keys in GraphMate. Whole computer would freeze. A control alt delete and select task manager would snap it out of it. I didn’t actually have to end the task, and I can continue to use Daz until I try to drag select again.

I’m on Win 7
Daz 4.6.0.18   64bit

Oh, and can I suggest a feature?
A button to fit all curves to the GraphMate window. Would be lovely if you could alt-drag the mouse to move the window around like in Maya too, but the fit all curves button would be enough wink

Anyway, love your tools. I’m a Maya character animator and Graphmate/KeyMate make Daz a surprisingly good package to animate with.

Guy

Posted: 18 May 2014 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-02-28
Go_Figure - 19 December 2012 08:44 AM

I will certainly investigate this.

I’m am STILL getting this problem, well over a year since you posted,  I guess this has never been fixed? I’ve not seen an update or anything. It’s freezing and unusable, all the time. I’d like a refund for this if it’s not going to be fixed. I don’t really see why I should have to reboot my pc / task-manager every single time I want to use this.

Posted: 18 May 2014 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

That is Odd, I have been using GraphMate error free from day one. Are you 100% sure that something else on your PC is not hanging it. I have used GraphMate, KeyMate and AniMate extensively for the last few months. My DAZ Studio is the Fully up to date DS4.6.2.120 and they all work fine, and so far I have had no problems with them Installed to the New Beta either.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 19 May 2014 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-02-28

That is strange, I think the only time it’s been 100% error free for me was when I first got it the week it came out but after a few months the unresponsiveness crept it and it’s been there ever since, I’ve even installed on a completley new and fresh hd and had the same problems. I had keymate too and I know that was buggy at one point but it was fixed in a new patch not long after.

It must be some kind of graphical-bug I’m guessing because it only seems to happen whenever I go to do an action, I can see everything fine I just can’t tweak anything. I do use some dual monitor software and in the past thats caused some problems with other programs. I might disable that and give it a whirl, if that fails I’ll try and see if its maybe a driver issue with my card and try some other versions out.

2 of 3