Digital Art Zone

How to take Zbrush morphs from one figure to another?
Posted: 03 June 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-06-03

I have made some custom morphs on a Genesis base figure that I want have avaialable to other figures I create later…

How do I save Just the Zbrush sliders so I can load them on to another fresh Genesis figure later?

...Or at least copy from one figure to another if they are both loaded in to a scene?

Also… How do I remove sliders limits on ALL sliders at once? Most of the base sliders I’ve used go below 0 and so when copying from one figure to another, the new figure only gets Zero-ed morphs applied :(

Cheers cool smile

Posted: 03 June 2012 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4904
Joined  2005-08-03

Apply them one at a time, or all at once, or whatever combo you want and use File > Save As > Support Asset > DSF morph file for each variation you wish to save.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 24 February 2013 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  331
Joined  2011-01-22
Vaskania - 03 June 2012 09:56 PM

Apply them one at a time, or all at once, or whatever combo you want and use File > Save As > Support Asset > DSF morph file for each variation you wish to save.

Half a year later and I’m trying to figure this out.

So if you save it as a morph asset, how do you use it on another Genesis figure?

Posted: 24 February 2013 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15264
Joined  2003-10-09

Once saved as a Morph Asset the morph will load with all future Genesis figures, newly loaded or from .duf scene files (old .daz scenes won’t get the morph added automatically, but you can refresh the figure by applying any character preset and then undoing).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 24 February 2013 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
Richard Haseltine - 24 February 2013 01:35 PM

Once saved as a Morph Asset the morph will load with all future Genesis figures, newly loaded or from .duf scene files (old .daz scenes won’t get the morph added automatically, but you can refresh the figure by applying any character preset and then undoing).

Thanks.  It worked!

However, there’s still so much to learn (albeit zbrush is a ton of fun grin )

Now the pertinent question…. is there a way for me to share my custom created morphs?  Or is that more involved?

Are there any really good tutorial threads?

Thanks again.

Posted: 24 February 2013 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15264
Joined  2003-10-09

Your morphs will have been placed in \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Author\Product, wheer Author and product are the names you entered when saving the morph asset. Just zip that location up (including empty \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\ folders), along with a read me, and put it on a file host for download. It’s easier to separate your files from the rest if, when saving the asset, you use the Asset Directory option to select an otherwise empty content directory - then you just need to zip up the Data folder, and after that you can merge that data folder with the main one to leave the empty folder empty for your next project - in the screenshot I used the Beta folder, which didn’t have a Data folder, for that.

Image Attachments
26-SaveMorphs.JPG
 Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 24 February 2013 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
Richard Haseltine - 24 February 2013 04:59 PM

Your morphs will have been placed in \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\Author\Product, wheer Author and product are the names you entered when saving the morph asset. Just zip that location up (including empty \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\ folders), along with a read me, and put it on a file host for download. It’s easier to separate your files from the rest if, when saving the asset, you use the Asset Directory option to select an otherwise empty content directory - then you just need to zip up the Data folder, and after that you can merge that data folder with the main one to leave the empty folder empty for your next project - in the screenshot I used the Beta folder, which didn’t have a Data folder, for that.

I should’ve thought of that.

I guess I’ll have to resave my morphs tomorrow.  But yes, I found the exact locations for the files.  Thanks again :)

Hopefully a couple months and I’ll get the hang of it enough to dip my toes in content creation. Who knows.

So many ideas, 0 skill (seeing as I just got zbrush this weekend), but a lot of information out there.

Just being able to remold my characters today really opened my eyes to what I was missing.

But yeah, thanks again for the help.  And thanks to dmwizard for starting this thread… lol, wherever he/she is these days :)