Digital Art Zone

PLASTIC???!!!! noooooo ..... [just being silly here, don’t get upset]
Posted: 17 December 2012 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4336
Joined  2012-04-07

Oh Blondie9999 ... type of rubber or something, the originals were of an organic material [made in Canada]. And as the promos went, if one were like, lost in the wilderness and really starving to death, you could boil them and EAT them. [thankfully I haven’t encountered anybody that actually did that, but one could—- we cannot eat plastic, those are ‘knock-offs’ originally made elsewhere and eventually took over the world because the originals were rather expensive, but then you could eat them.] [imagine the story lines for this!]

Aside from the note about plastic, promo looks lovely grin

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sports-clogs-for-genesis

Also opens the door for more ‘expressions’ required for Genesis ... an amazing number of people will produce an amazing number of different expressions when/as they realize the footwear one has on. From the “oh look, another one just like ....” to a hidden smirk of laughter as they try their best not to because in their ignorance they think you came outside in your slippers.

The originals were even permitted in hospitals [for nurses] as they provided traction even on wet floors and were very comfortable. However, as knockoffs became more common and too many people were wounded through the holes up top, they were later banned from hospitals. The originals also had way better foot support and oh I do I miss them. Can’t wear the plastic ones.

Signature 

Posted: 18 December 2012 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  533
Joined  2009-02-04

Over here in the UK we call them ‘Crocs’, maybe they were orginally made out of crocodile meat? :D

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 18 December 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14
Dogz - 18 December 2012 08:37 AM

Over here in the UK we call them ‘Crocs’, maybe they were orginally made out of crocodile meat? :D

Because the originals were made by “Crocs, Inc.”

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 18 December 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4898
Joined  2005-08-29

Foppatofflor (Foppa slippers in English). Named after the person who introduced them in Sweden, “Foppa” Forsberg, then legendary Hockey player who played 15 years in NHL.

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 18 December 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  533
Joined  2009-02-04
adamr001 - 18 December 2012 08:45 AM

I know raspberry - but thats not as fun.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 18 December 2012 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
Dogz - 18 December 2012 10:37 AM
adamr001 - 18 December 2012 08:45 AM

I know raspberry - but thats not as fun.

We don’t have crocodiles in Canada though [well, except for some in a zoo but I think their absence would be noticed].

Signature 

Posted: 18 December 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14735
Joined  2009-01-22

Croc’s Inc? I don’t care, I’m not strapping a couple of those things to my feet. smile

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 19 December 2012 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
Jaderail - 18 December 2012 10:24 PM

Croc’s Inc? I don’t care, I’m not strapping a couple of those things to my feet. smile

But think of all the attention you’ll get! They also come in winterized versions ... with some nice fuzzy fake furry stuff lining them grin

Signature 

Posted: 19 December 2012 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
Patience55 - 19 December 2012 07:59 AM

But think of all the attention you’ll get! They also come in winterized versions ... with some nice fuzzy fake furry stuff lining them grin

LOL! All you have to do is go to any caravan camping site in Sweden during the summer. Standard camping uniform is:
- Foppatofflor (crocs)
- baby green or marine blue training pants
- a worn too small tshirt
- A beer in one hand
- A black burnt hotdog in the other

Signature 

Community Volunteer

I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 19 December 2012 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

And when those Swedish tourists comes to Norway, they end up working as maids and bartenders. Not saying it’s bad! Many of them are good looking.

On topic. When I saw Crocs the first time, I thought somebody was pulling my leg.

Posted: 19 December 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
Norse Graphics - 19 December 2012 08:10 AM

And when those Swedish tourists comes to Norway, they end up working as maids and bartenders. Not saying it’s bad! Many of them are good looking.

Lol, nope, not the caravan campers, you must be talking about others. Ever seen the reality show about “life on a caravan camping”? I’ve only seen the trailers and that’s enough for a lifetime.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 19 December 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1794
Joined  2005-06-08

Really?  Where?  I got some of those (boot-cut) for Christmas a few years ago, they’re wearing out, and I’d love a new pair—but I can’t find any!  shut eye

Re the productEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!  Thanks Blondie9999!

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 21 December 2012 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
KickAir 8P - 19 December 2012 09:07 AM

Really?  Where?  I got some of those (boot-cut) for Christmas a few years ago, they’re wearing out, and I’d love a new pair—but I can’t find any!  shut eye

Re the productEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!  Thanks Blondie9999!

Well I saw some last winter in a few kiosks and stores in the general malls ... this winter, well it’s been more like summer. We’ve seen a very little bit of the white stuff which disappears as the wet stuff comes down and freezes into hard stuff [notice that there are certain words that are not to be mentioned] so the stores which would normally be flogging them haven’t been. I’d suggest trying the ‘teenager’ stores which tend to have lots of colourful things in them. [blinding at times but anyway]

Signature