Digital Art Zone

Camera Zoom? 
Posted: 16 December 2012 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2011-11-16

Is it possible to “zoom” in and out (especially out) with the camera after you have it positioned as best as possible using translation and rotation? I need to fit more of the room of the scene I’m working on into the camera’s view than I can get through pulling the whole camera back (It’s already against the back wall so I can’t pull back any further).

For the record, I’m using Daz Studio Pro 4.0

Posted: 16 December 2012 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  722
Joined  2012-07-21

You can change the focal length of the camera in the parameters tab, it’s like a zoomlens on a real camera. When used to extremes this can produce a perspective distortion (again, just like on a real camera). You could probably also make the back wall invisible and place the camera further back.

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 16 December 2012 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1421
Joined  2011-11-16
BlackFeather1973 - 16 December 2012 02:24 AM

You can change the focal length of the camera in the parameters tab, it’s like a zoomlens on a real camera. When used to extremes this can produce a perspective distortion (again, just like on a real camera). You could probably also make the back wall invisible and place the camera further back.

Thanks. That’s exactly what I was looking for. I had looked at some of those camera settings but really didn’t know what any of them were.

Posted: 16 December 2012 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  754
Joined  2003-10-09

Have a look at this tutorial. It’s for an older version, but mostly still valid.

http://digilander.libero.it/maclean/DStutorial.htm

mac