Digital Art Zone

Ininito? or Bryce 7 content?
Posted: 15 December 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2012-11-08

Hello everybody, just looking for advice.. I’m new to all this 3d software. How does inifnito stuff look like? Is the quality a very good one and does it really worth it? I’m not sure if getting Infinito or bryce 7 pro content.
Thanks a lot!

Posted: 15 December 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

Well infinito mostly expects you to use your own Poser props. infinito makes the landscape, but doesn’t come with props. you can buy the addon which gives you some content, but again it’s mostly designed around using content you already have.

Workflow in infinito is you build a terrain, then add props via the infinito plugin. it browses your poser folder and lets you pick items from there. Then you basically export that scene into daz to modify, plop a character in and render.

there are infinito videos online if you want to take a look.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 15 December 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15992
Joined  2003-10-09

Bryce 7 Pro is currently free, and has over 600mb of bonus content with it if you “purchase” it through the store.
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/bryce

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 December 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

You don’t mention your platform but if it’s a Mac Bryce 7 only works under 10.6 or earlier. So it won’t run on newer Macs that require 10.7 or 10.8.

Posted: 15 December 2012 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17

I’m biased, but Infinito’s content will look as good or bad as your runtime.  grin  Infinito has lots of ways to place your objects and has excellent “real world” terrain modifiers such as erosion.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 16 December 2012 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4771
Joined  2004-07-01
hectorblg - 15 December 2012 10:49 AM

Hello everybody, just looking for advice.. I’m new to all this 3d software. How does inifnito stuff look like? Is the quality a very good one and does it really worth it? I’m not sure if getting Infinito or bryce 7 pro content.
Thanks a lot!

get Bryce -  infinito can’t come close to it - and I have used both .