Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
OT:  The Hobbit….WOW!!!
Posted: 15 December 2012 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Just got back from seeing the Hobbit…and WOW!

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 15 December 2012 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1670
Joined  2012-09-16

Friends were going as well and I told them: no spoilers :D
I got a free movie ticket at my work and will go see it two days before new years eve, yay!
Oh Legolas, here I come!

Signature 

You’re welcome to visit my GALLERY
Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 15 December 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7652
Joined  2009-07-13
mjc1016 - 15 December 2012 12:15 AM

Just got back from seeing the Hobbit…and WOW!

Just got back from seeing the Hobbit . . . . and World of Warcraft? tongue wink tongue rolleye

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 December 2012 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4909
Joined  2009-02-26

I want to know… do the ring wraiths/Nazgul make an appearance? Love them lol (And I hear Legolas and Aragon where appearing, did that happen?)

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 15 December 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15925
Joined  2003-10-09

I thought it was “The Hobbit” not LOTR   rolleyes

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 December 2012 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Well, it is, just that Peter Jackson added extra details… It’s made in 2 movies instead of just one I believe.  But seen it, I have not.

Signature 

Posted: 15 December 2012 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15925
Joined  2003-10-09

That is one reason I never go to see films made from books that I love.  They always change them.  I have worn out 2 copies of LOTR, have yet to see the films.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 December 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

A true fan smile I like perter’s interpretation, but the books are wonderful on their own! I remember in primary school we had this really cool teacher who loved the Hobbit. He’d read it to us in class chapter by chapter in the last half hour before home time. He also loved art, and is a big reason why I got into art.

Signature 

Posted: 15 December 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Something the TV commercial trailers fail to mention is, it’s 3 movies.

Posted: 15 December 2012 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

3x ‘The Hobbit’ films?!? I was under the impression it was 2 filmed back to back (Similarly to the production of LOTR).

Signature 

Posted: 15 December 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  703
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah, saw it yesterday.  About 45 ;minutes into it I realized that Bilbo still hadn’t gotten out of his home.  I said to myself “Self, they aren’t going to have much time to have an adventure before the movie’s over.  Bummer!”  Then at about the 2 and a half hour mark I realized that I’d heard that it had been split into a trilogy.  So they had lots of time to have an adventure.

A lot more animation in this one than in LOTR.

The extras added by Peter Jackson are actually helpful and tie the timelines of the two stories together for the non-Tolkien-geeks.  It’s been a long time since I read “The Hobbit” but all the essentials are in the movie.  There may have been places where Jackson embellished a bit but it was still a fun movie and it’s only 1/3 over.

Unfortunately I bought a ticket to the wrong theater and saw it in 2D instead of 3D.  Gotta go back today or tomorrow to see it in 3D (24 frame/sec).  But I’d have to go about 120 miles to see in 3D (48 frames/sec) as it was meant to be seen.

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 15 December 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2886
Joined  2009-02-24
chohole - 15 December 2012 07:03 AM

That is one reason I never go to see films made from books that I love.  They always change them.  I have worn out 2 copies of LOTR, have yet to see the films.

As someone who’s both read the books and seen the movies, I adore the Lord of the Rings trilogy. They certainly do change a few things, but it’s still pretty faithful and well worth adding to your collection.

...unlike the “Golden Compass”. I was soo hyped for that movie (based on the Northern Lights book) but alas it fell flat largely due to budget restraints, getting one of the main characters hair the wrong colour and outright nuking large chunks of the plot. Pretty sad really considering it was Dakota Blue Richards’ debut and her performance is easily the only good thing about the entire film.

But I digress. Not seen the Hobbit yet, but I certainly plan to when I’m not tied up.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 15 December 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2003-10-09

It has a few nice bits, it helps if you did not read the book, it’s awfull really, kind of hate all the characters, Jackson made a slasher slapstick out of a child book, sick peace of trash realy…

Posted: 15 December 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1771
Joined  2010-10-10

My son has just got back from seeing and he loved it!

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 15 December 2012 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2003-10-10

Next up after the 3 Hobbit films…

9 Films to cover the “Similarian"to bridge the final gap…

Signature 

As Always B3D
My radio Station…
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=qm81447313#/
http://www.foleypromagic.com
http://www.michaelhershman.com
http://www.artwanted.com/foleypro
http://foleypro.deviantart.com/
http://home.comcast.net/~foleypro

Posted: 15 December 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  634
Joined  2008-07-16

9 for the Silmarillion? it would be more like 39… did you ever see that book.

I was jazzed to hear they were making The Hobbit, bummed to hear it will be 3 parts… I hate waiting 2 years between episodes… I have a terrible memory, it always loses impact… like when someone is telling you a story or filling you in on something important and then they go off to use the restroom, get a snack… answer the phone and two hours later they come back to finish the story and I can barely remember who they are, let alone who said what to who or why the giant panda was on a unicycle…
3 parts for the Hobbit, I hear, because jackson is adding stuff not really in the book, but mentioned or alluded to in the LOTR…
But it will clear up nagging issues like where Gollum got that nasty rash and why Aragon parts his hair as such…

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

1 of 4