Digital Art Zone

Genesis Mime Make-up
Posted: 14 December 2012 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1438
Joined  2010-02-14

I actually briefly mentioned this recently in another topic in Product Suggestions for a Genesis Full Face Mask, but I figured I might as well ask about it specifically in it’s own discussion here where more people will see it and hopefully direct me to one that may already exist for Gen 4 or something.

Anyway, I’m really looking for a mime make-up face texture that I can use on Genesis. I am aware that the character Mark for K4 has a mime face material, but I can only get away with it on Genesis if I limit my character requiring it’s application to a matching skin color outside of the painted frame of the face itself.

For example, below is a Dancing Mime Girl I did a while back and just revamped. The UV’s are are convincingly one character, but in reality, the face is set to K4 for the Mark and the rest of her is actually Isa for A4.

Image Attachments
Mime_Girl.jpg
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 14 December 2012 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  931
Joined  2005-03-26

So you really can use multiple UV maps across one figure?  I’ll have to try that some time.

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 15 December 2012 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
Eustace Scrubb - 14 December 2012 10:52 PM

So you really can use multiple UV maps across one figure?  I’ll have to try that some time.

Absolutely. Every Surface Zone on Genesis can utilize different UVs.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 15 December 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

I assume that since you are asking for Genesis that you are using DS4,x…

So why do you need a set?

I came up with this in about 5 minutes, in GIMP.  Give me 20 minutes and some good reference material and I can get several overlays…

Opened the face texture, added a transparent layer, painted on the layer and then exported it as a PNG…then in DS, used that png in conjunction with the Layered Image Editor.  I set the opacity for the layer to about 85%.

Image Attachments
mime.jpg
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 15 December 2012 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13643
Joined  2003-10-09
RCDeschene - 15 December 2012 02:11 AM
Eustace Scrubb - 14 December 2012 10:52 PM

Absolutely. Every Surface Zone on Genesis can utilize different UVs.

The thing you can’t do is use two different mappings on a single zone - to apply an overlay made for V4 on top of an M4 texture, for example.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 15 December 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

What about Sad Clown Theo for M4?  It has a face that seems mimish to me.

RCDeschene - 14 December 2012 07:36 PM

I actually briefly mentioned this recently in another topic in Product Suggestions for a Genesis Full Face Mask, but I figured I might as well ask about it specifically in it’s own discussion here where more people will see it and hopefully direct me to one that may already exist for Gen 4 or something.

Anyway, I’m really looking for a mime make-up face texture that I can use on Genesis. I am aware that the character Mark for K4 has a mime face material, but I can only get away with it on Genesis if I limit my character requiring it’s application to a matching skin color outside of the painted frame of the face itself.

For example, below is a Dancing Mime Girl I did a while back and just revamped. The UV’s are are convincingly one character, but in reality, the face is set to K4 for the Mark and the rest of her is actually Isa for A4.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 15 December 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
mjc1016 - 15 December 2012 05:30 AM

I assume that since you are asking for Genesis that you are using DS4,x…

So why do you need a set?

I came up with this in about 5 minutes, in GIMP.  Give me 20 minutes and some good reference material and I can get several overlays…

Opened the face texture, added a transparent layer, painted on the layer and then exported it as a PNG…then in DS, used that png in conjunction with the Layered Image Editor.  I set the opacity for the layer to about 85%.

I was strongly considering something along the lines of that, but wasn’t sure if it was properly doable without making it look weird. Usually when I make texture adjustments I use Paint.Net. I do recall trying GIMP before back when I was still in high school but it just confused me at the time. Though, I should probably give it another try seeing as how it seems to be the 3D artists common alternative to Photoshop. Seeing as how even Dreamlight has a few videos on it, I’ll most likely have a better shot at it. smile

Satira Capriccio - 15 December 2012 07:10 AM

What about Sad Clown Theo for M4?  It has a face that seems mimish to me.

Nah. What I’m looking for is more or less heavily inspired by the aesthetic style of Pierrot the French Clown, whom my little dancer is directly influenced from.

Image Attachments
211_1[1].jpg210[1].jpg
 Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 15 December 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3114
Joined  2007-06-22

Raw has these
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-clown-clan

Posted: 15 December 2012 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Here’s one I spent a little more time on…

And as a bonus…here’s the png (it’s only 1024x1024…it uses the ‘sample Jeremy’ preset as the basis…), it’s an M4 UV…it will scale up to 2048, but probably not 4096.  Used brushes by Obsidian Dawn, Steamed Pepsi Stock and onthinair…

Image Attachments
mime3.jpgmime2.png
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 16 December 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-22

A quick render using one Raw’s V4 clown textures on a more Pierrot type character.

Image Attachments
pierrot1.jpg

Posted: 16 December 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Nice! :-D I actually want to say that costume IS Pierrot’s. Where did you find that one?

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 17 December 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

Okay, I figured I’d see what I could have done in Paint.NET and so going by a few suggestions some people have given me, I tried my hand at a self-customized template that I made for A3 & H3 skins.

There’s nothing fancy on them yet, but I like the way I got the base down. Maybe after a little more experimenting around I’ll see if I can make and distribute some unique designs for all three Generations. smile

Image Attachments
A3_H3_Mime.jpg
 Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 18 December 2012 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-22

Thanks.
The collar of the costume is from a set by witch didi called Fools Darling, its just parented to the neck; the tunic is from the K4 jester set availble at RDNA and the button is just a sphere with Furify applied.