Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
The Latest Daz “Improvement”
Posted: 14 December 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, I’ve long noticed that if you have a problem with an order or need a refund, you can either turn in a support ticket and wait a week or so, or you can make a call and get it taken care of immediately.

Somebody at Daz must have noticed that something was accidentally convenient, because now they’ve removed the phone number from the site.  If you call the number (800-267-5170 for those interested in history) they will cheerfully offer to issue you a support ticket.

Way to go, Daz!  Who needed to talk to a human being for customer service, anyways?

Posted: 14 December 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1575
Joined  2008-11-10
twalling - 14 December 2012 11:58 AM

Well, I’ve long noticed that if you have a problem with an order or need a refund, you can either turn in a support ticket and wait a week or so, or you can make a call and get it taken care of immediately.

Somebody at Daz must have noticed that something was accidentally convenient, because now they’ve removed the phone number from the site.  If you call the number (800-267-5170 for those interested in history) they will cheerfully offer to issue you a support ticket.

Way to go, Daz!  Who needed to talk to a human being for customer service, anyways?

I would think that DAZ isn’t big enough to have a huge phone support department. They’re not a large company like calling AT&T, so most times you may get a busy signal rather than a human… so it’s probably more efficient for the support staff to work on a list of support tickets, rather than have a bunch of people queued up on the phone waiting to talk to one or two people.

So it sounds like entering the support ticket is the way to go, since your efforts on the phone lead you to the same spot.

Posted: 14 December 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, evidently it is.  Gone are the days of getting customer support in a timely manner.

Posted: 14 December 2012 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15352
Joined  2003-10-09

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/12763/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 14 December 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4135
Joined  2011-11-25

Personally, I don’t mind submitting support tickets.. I usually have a good turn around time, and it makes sense they’d need a ticket. They want a record of the request and since they are dealing with money, having a record of the refund, and the pertinent credit card and paypal info….is a good idea.

Where I work, we don’t do anything without a request/workorder either. Even if someone calls, workorders must be submitted.

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2218
Joined  2005-09-05

I had two support tickets recently and both were resolved fairly quickly…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Huh.  Well, I just called Daz about 3 hours ago, and it used to be that one could get their situation taken care of immediately.  (Except on the weekends, of course.)

Now you have to wait for this “support ticket” thing.  Even though I was on the phone and talking to a human being who had the ability to take care of the situation 3 hours ago.

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2833
Joined  2004-10-25

While I’ve always called the few times over the years I needed to get a refund, this time I needed to take out a support ticket, and I’m pleased I received the resolution I wanted within 3 days.  I don’t think that’s too shabby at all.

That said, of course, I’ve been lucky and not had any actual tech support issues, but can certainly imagine those taking longer to resolve.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  618
Joined  2008-07-16

I did not look to see if DAZ’s home number is listed elsewhere on the site, but usually when I’ve wanted to call them, I have scrolled to the bottom of my screen to the dark grey bar at the bottom, it is still there next to DAZ’s address.
Not to say I’m satisfied with the use a “support ticket instead” idea… but I just wanted to point out the number is not completely removed from the site.
Yet… ?

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15352
Joined  2003-10-09

And as I said in another thread about this, the phone number is only useful to a percentage of DAZ 3D customers, whereas the support tickets are available for all and support tickets are dealt with in rotation, regardless of where in the world the customer happens to live.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8431
Joined  2007-11-06

While it’s annoying not to be able to get an immediate resolution, it seems to me that it’s fairer to have everyone go through the ticket system, rather than allowing someone to “cut to the head of the line” by calling.  People in other countries or who can’t call during work hours shouldn’t be penalized for that.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4135
Joined  2011-11-25

To me, a work request system is a fairer way to handle a return request, because the priority is not dictated by method in which a customer contacts daz, but by the time in which the order is recieved.

It is posisble only a few people are authorized to process returns and those folks require work requests in order to do it. this is not uncommon in the industry.

Posted: 14 December 2012 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
lordvicore - 14 December 2012 03:27 PM

I did not look to see if DAZ’s home number is listed elsewhere on the site, but usually when I’ve wanted to call them, I have scrolled to the bottom of my screen to the dark grey bar at the bottom, it is still there next to DAZ’s address.
Not to say I’m satisfied with the use a “support ticket instead” idea… but I just wanted to point out the number is not completely removed from the site.
Yet… ?

That’s weird… yeah, it’s back, but I swear it was missing this morning.

Posted: 14 December 2012 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  848
Joined  2005-11-06
fixmypcmike - 14 December 2012 03:33 PM

While it’s annoying not to be able to get an immediate resolution, it seems to me that it’s fairer to have everyone go through the ticket system, rather than allowing someone to “cut to the head of the line” by calling.  People in other countries or who can’t call during work hours shouldn’t be penalized for that.

Agreed!

i have purchased quite a bit from DAZ over the years and have yet to have a need for support, let alone use the phone for it. Then again, I bet some here really abuse the refund policy, another thing I rarely use. I have only used it once (defective). I purchase quite a bit of addons for this community and other gaming communities and know of no others that have a phone option.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 14 December 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I wasn’t “abusing” the return policy.  I bought the Millenium Horse 2 pretty much sight unseen, then I saw that the “Pro” Bundle was actually pretty cool, and contained stuff I couldn’t get unless I got the bundle.  So I decided, knowing that Daz would refund the first purchase of the Horse 2, to buy the “Pro” bundle, which already contained the horse that I just bought.  I called—don’t know what else one would do—to arrange that. 

Posted: 14 December 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I do apologize to anybody that I might have offended by calling instead of waiting for the support tickets.  I was more dismayed that they removed the phone number from the site than anything, though it’s been restored.

1 of 2