Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Texture mappping
Posted: 15 December 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16103
Joined  2003-10-09

It is handy I agree, especially when doing something like the one I showed above, which was a dirndl, so needed the gathers at the waist to be authentic.  However it’s not too much bother to add a negative math function between the nodes.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 December 2012 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

Okay, so if I"m understanding correctly, creating that negative math is fairly simple and can easily make DS D-maps act the same in Poser?  Just want to understand…. because I’m doing a lot of experimentation, I do not have Poser, and likely will not get it any time soon… (as much as I lust after Firefly…)

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 15 December 2012 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16103
Joined  2003-10-09

yup, you just insert a node before you connect the displ texture map to the displacement channel

The one I showed I hadn’t bothered, it was a simple Poser displacement, so you can see that one worked well, straight out the box, so to speak.

Looked even better when I added embroidery to the waist line

Image Attachments
celebration_dirndl.png
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 December 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

That’s pretty great… what I was going to do was play with your dress textures and see about making a D map or two to go with them….

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

2 of 2