Digital Art Zone

12 of 100
Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II
Posted: 29 May 2012 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  288
Joined  2009-08-11

LOL 

Come to think of it, some of those ideas on how to save the village from fire-breathing dragons do seem pretty stupid.  confused  
This is more likely the real scenario:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7lsbwm-dvc&feature=related    :wink:

Signature 

“quack?”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . cOLor wHeeL faCts .

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Cyn Art - 29 May 2012 02:37 AM

LOL 

Come to think of it, some of those ideas on how to save the village from fire-breathing dragons do seem pretty stupid.  confused  
This is more likely the real scenario:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7lsbwm-dvc&feature=related    :wink:

I loved that Cyn thank you!! Really gives you something to think about. Now the Stupid part just for Stupids sake.

Image Attachments
iHG_BpV6Zk-fB6cznRVFIQ2.jpg
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

@ Kyoto Kid, let me know if and when you get some stories posted to any site. I’m stuck alone now days, all my RPG friends have moved away. We still enjoy blabbing on the phone about the old days but it’s just too far for any of us to get together again. I tried starting a new group but thought better of it when only 15-18 year olds started asking to join. I dont think I need people wondering why my house is full of kids.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2011-10-04
Jaderail - 29 May 2012 05:05 AM

@ Kyoto Kid, let me know if and when you get some stories posted to any site. I’m stuck alone now days, all my RPG friends have moved away. We still enjoy blabbing on the phone about the old days but it’s just too far for any of us to get together again.

downer This is sad. I’m quite a RPG nut myself, very fond of D&D (specifically 3.5e edition), but dabble with other RPGs as well.

I tried starting a new group but thought better of it when only 15-18 year olds started asking to join. I dont think I need people wondering why my house is full of kids.

downer shut eye And you know what? This makes me even more sad, that there’s a reason for anyone to suspect that something bad must be afoot. As a kid, I was more at home with adults and elders than kids of my age. When I grew up, I automatically homed in to people older than me for company; my friends were regularly at least 3+ years older than I was. My Significant Otter is 7 years older than I am. I got introduced to RPGs by a group that was significantly older than I was, and most importantly, all male. I was the only girl gaming.

I can’t help but to despair when I think of a world where people frown upon different generations mingling and having fun, because that’s pretty much all I’ve ever known; even today, I’m socially awkward around people of my own age. Yeah, it is not your fault that people have caught some kind of strange mass hysteria… it sucks. But it also terrifies me because that means kids today are going to miss out some important things about life: older people are usually more willing to discuss difficult topics than kids’ parents, and I don’t mean stuff like sex. I mean stuff like “tell me how it used to be when you were a kid” and “granny, what does ‘death’ mean”.

That said, you could try to host the game for youngsters in a public space, in a game store for example.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 29 May 2012 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I would host off site Skiriki but I’m disabled and mostly homebound. I have and have GMed theses great games, and do very good as I’ve been told at making my NPCs into people. D&D, D&DA; 1-3.5, Marvel Super Heros, MSHs Advanced and Ultimate Powers, Shadow Runner Version 1, GURPS, Travler, and the STAR WARS RPG. I’ve been a RPG fan for over 30+ years.

I miss all the fun and company. In my days as host (21-26 years old) we ran games that lasted 48 hours every other weekend. With breaks for sleep and such, just 4-6 players then but we all loved it. One campain lasted for a full year.

Heres my stupid part. I got no people to RPG with anymore.

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Jaderail - 29 May 2012 05:45 AM

I would host off site Skiriki but I’m disabled and mostly homebound. I have and have GMed theses great games, and do very good as I’ve been told at making my NPCs into people. D&D, D&DA; 1-3.5, Marvel Super Heros, MSHs Advanced and Ultimate Powers, Shadow Runner Version 1, GURPS, Travler, and the STAR WARS RPG. I’ve been a RPG fan for over 30+ years.

I miss all the fun and company. In my days as host (21-26 years old) we ran games that lasted 48 hours every other weekend. With breaks for sleep and such, just 4-6 players then but we all loved it. One campain lasted for a full year.

Aw. :( That makes me so sad.

(We have had one campaign that lasted for seven years, another took five, and the one I ran lasted for four.)

By the way, there’s a new Marvel-based RPG out, if you’re curious.

Heres my stupid part. I got no people to RPG with anymore.

Have you tried to game online with Maptools or other similar virtual tabletop programs? RPG.net’s forums have a section for recruiting people for online games.

I don’t wanna be pushy, just noting that these things are there, and you could take advantage of them. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

HELP!! I’ve posted and ran everybody off!

Nobody got the stupids today?

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

I have a stupid headache. sick

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 29 May 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8815
Joined  2004-07-21
Jaderail - 29 May 2012 12:35 PM

HELP!! I’ve posted and ran everybody off!

Nobody got the stupids today?

I should be cleaning the kitchen.  I think there is something in Melody’s eye, but she said a little “meow” when I tried to have a closer look.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 29 May 2012 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16746
Joined  2003-10-09

()_()

Image Attachments
stupid_lolcat.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 May 2012 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-21
chohole - 29 May 2012 02:41 PM

()_()

With the right can of cat food or cat treat one can change a cat’s mind about that.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!

Play Runescape

Posted: 29 May 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  351
Joined  2009-03-17

Waaaaaah! Richard chucked the BBS club out of the New User section! Into the Commons! Does that qualify as stupid? LOL

Signature 

My life is a symphony nearing a crescendo. There have been too many segues in this piece and I long for a caesura.

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-21
Harry Dresden - 29 May 2012 02:57 PM

Waaaaaah! Richard chucked the BBS club out of the New User section! Into the Commons! Does that qualify as stupid? LOL

Maybe the users are no longer new users so it had to be in the commons.  shrug

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!

Play Runescape

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7902
Joined  2006-03-19

It’s back where it belongs.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 29 May 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16746
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah it just went for a little walk round, to see what the other forums were like, before it went back to it’s spritual home.

And BTW taking about stupid

Image Attachments
loltortoise_small.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

12 of 100