Hexagon Crashes Constantly
Posted: 25 January 2013 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  199
Joined  2003-10-09
Steve athome - 25 January 2013 01:34 PM

Hi Ghostman,

Ghostman - 25 January 2013 01:04 PM

2.0 was the one I first bought when it was released. The 2.1 fix was the last one that the Eovia team made before Daz took over it all.
2.1 is more stable then the 2.0 one. And it is also the only version I’m using that don’t crash.

Thanks for the info.

When I purchased Hexagon, it was already 2.1 (not 2.0 + 2.1 patch). It is the version I use, as the later versions I find more problematic/buggy. (although 2.2 did fix some issues, it also brought in other bugs).

I think the main problems came in 2.5 when they added the DS Bridge (which appears to be the only upgrade they have ever made to Hexagon (in 6 / 7 years), well, apart from the sculpty primitives ROFLOL).

Yeah that sculpty addon is a joke in my eyes. Would have been better if they focused on the bugs.

Signature 

Renderosity. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=29771

Rendo Freebies. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=ghostman

RDNA http://www.runtimedna.com/Ghostman/

Posted: 25 January 2013 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2005-09-15

Hear,hear.  smile

Signature 

Cheers, Fanners.raspberry

Posted: 05 February 2013 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2009-04-24

I use 2.5 and whenever I make changes in the preferences and use the program heavily I eventually begin getting XML parsing errors.  I have no clue what an XML editor is but figured I’d have to learn to use one.  I found the XML doc titled “preferences_save”.  When I opened it there was an error messaged that said it had white spaces in it which were not allowed. (no clue what that meant).

I went back in the preferences and set the Open GL to none and tried a few other adjustments.  When I opened the preferences save doc again it opened with no error.  Not certain what I stumbled upon but I’m thinking it may be the GL, for my issues anyway.  Searching the forums here regarding Hexagon XML errors turned up posts in the archives with mainly glib replies and wasn’t very helpful. 

I’m more accustomed to Hexagon.  Its the only program of it’s kind I’ve ever used.  But I’m becoming more and more curious about Zbrush.

Signature 

Audiences know what to expect and that is all they are prepared to believe in.

Posted: 05 February 2013 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  199
Joined  2003-10-09
Sky_ - 05 February 2013 01:06 AM

I use 2.5 and whenever I make changes in the preferences and use the program heavily I eventually begin getting XML parsing errors.  I have no clue what an XML editor is but figured I’d have to learn to use one.  I found the XML doc titled “preferences_save”.  When I opened it there was an error messaged that said it had white spaces in it which were not allowed. (no clue what that meant).

I went back in the preferences and set the Open GL to none and tried a few other adjustments.  When I opened the preferences save doc again it opened with no error.  Not certain what I stumbled upon but I’m thinking it may be the GL, for my issues anyway.  Searching the forums here regarding Hexagon XML errors turned up posts in the archives with mainly glib replies and wasn’t very helpful. 

I’m more accustomed to Hexagon.  Its the only program of it’s kind I’ve ever used.  But I’m becoming more and more curious about Zbrush.

I can nothing but talk positive about Zbrush. I use it almost daily together with Hexagon and it’s a neat workflow.

Signature 

Renderosity. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=29771

Rendo Freebies. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=ghostman

RDNA http://www.runtimedna.com/Ghostman/

Posted: 07 September 2013 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  0

Had the crashing problem when I sent to UV seams. Appeared to occur when I move the cursor. Tried all kinds of stuff with no success. Then upgraded video driver -> no more shutdown!

Posted: 09 September 2013 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2009-09-16

I’ve picked up these tips from the forums which may help stabilize hex on modern operating systems

Tip 1

One caution - do NOT install to Program Files or Program Files (X86)! In Win7 those are write-protected directories, and Hexagon tries to save a number of its components in its home directory when you use it. Just install to C:\Hexagon or some other such (I used C:\DAZ-3D\Hex, but that’s just me being me).

Tip 2

There is a bug/problem with Hexagon attempting to use multi-processors.
Please try:- Open nVidia control panel-> Managed 3d settings. Change the option:- “Threaded Optimization” to “Off”

Tip 3

Turn off triple buffering in video card settings.

Hope these tips help you stabilize Hexagon.

Posted: 09 September 2013 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5705
Joined  2006-02-20

Tip 4
If you have a 64 bit Windows, use Large Adress Aware and give Hexagon 3GB RAM
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 19 September 2013 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-08-21

Hi all, same problems here, when use Genesis 2 in DAZ Studio, bridge to Hexagon and try to do anything with UV and Paint tools ALWAYS appear the message “An internal error has ocurred” (HEXAGON 1 IMAGE) tried everything i think, disable openGL optimization, apply “laa_2_0_4” to use more RAM, reset preferences, also installed in c:, have the latest drivers for my card, make a PC format, have Windows 7, 64x and 8g ram, upload any images and dxdiag.

Anyone knows how disable the error messages in Hexagon? because if i continue pressing the left mouse button when the error message appear (HEXAGON 2 IMAGE) can deform the model and also send back to DAZ3D and the morph run perfectly, of course isnt the solution because cant rotate the camera or do anything more in hexagon to obtain a decent morph in DAZ Studio…

Also have problems to import modified .obj models from Hexagon to DAZ Studio, i receive always the same message “Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph” checking alot of tutorials but nothing run, use subdivisión level 0 and also resolution level base, also select the Hexagon (1unit=1cm) option. Even tried without modificated models just send the .obj back to DAZ Stuido intact but the error message is the same… With Zbrush have no problems to work with objects and send back to DAZ Studio to make morphs, but the bridge is another history, tyvm.

Image Attachments
Dxdiag.jpgHEXAGON_1.jpgHEXAGON_2.jpg

3 of 3