Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Freebie H.U. - Facility Sci-fi set with P9 lighting and P4 version.
Posted: 03 June 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2003-10-09

Created by seachnasaigh and MrSparky,  here’s a free detailed sci-fi set for Poser (and other apps) which comes in two flavours…

One for Poser 9 and all versions of Poser that supports the new emit light feature.

One for eariler versions of Poser and other apps.

The P9 version contains both a prop (.PP2) and .PZ3 scene with everything ready to go, including all the parts, information and instructions needed to make this work with the new lighting system work

The P4 version contains the same models and a few extra parts. Including a security section and consoles not in the P9 set. This version does NOT contain any lighting props, shaders or P9 based materials.

Plus theres templates (excluding lights) and full details of how this works, limitations and other important stuff in the readme file. !! Note: Unlike most readmes this one does need to be read before using!! smile

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time such a set with Poser 9 lighting has been created and released for free. Also a very big big thanks to seachnasaigh who did all the amazing lighting work on this model.

http://www.poserdirect.com/freebie.html

Please note for a short time the actual download will be exclusive to CP. Thats to say thanks to their team for giving me a free copy of P9. After that, it’ll be avaliable at my site and other places.

Image Attachments
PROMO_01_600.jpg
PROMO_02_600.jpg
PROMO_03_600.jpg
 Signature 

100 of Freebies - http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/

Posted: 03 June 2012 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1232
Joined  2004-08-24

Wow!  This looks amazing, guys - many thanks!! smile

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 03 June 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  343
Joined  2003-10-09

Thnx mrsparky!  Very nice set

Posted: 03 June 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2012-01-04

Looks pretty cool!

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 03 June 2012 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  938
Joined  2006-06-12

Thanks Sparky!

I can’t go download it now, but tomorrow. Oh yes.

cool smile

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2011-07-18

Thank You :~D

Posted: 03 June 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2003-10-09

Looks great, thank you very much!

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2011-03-31

Is it just me or can you not “buy” a free item from poser direct unless you pay for the extended download service?

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2003-10-09

You can remove the extended download service from your cart by clicking on the rubbish bin next to it.

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2011-03-31
Kalypso - 04 June 2012 02:34 AM

You can remove the extended download service from your cart by clicking on the rubbish bin next to it.

I tried that and also tried to zero it out but it didn’t work. I swapped to Firefox instead of Safari and it worked, not sure why it didn’t with Safari though.

Thanks for the set, looks great.

Posted: 04 June 2012 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-06-20

Older versions of Firefox had trouble with the cart dustbin too.

Thanks, for the set, Mr Sparky.

The premade .pz3 renders as advertised.  The P4 version loads fine too.

I’m afraid there is a problem with missing .obj files in the P9 library version, though.

I know the readme says this is Poser being pernickety about the path, but with all thanks the freebie, I don’t think these files are in the zip file at all.

Note the files with unchecked boxes:  these are the missing ones.
(Ignore the fact that you can’t see the whole list - the ones off the bottom of the window are all valid.)

Image Attachments
temp.jpg

Posted: 04 June 2012 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Kalypso - thanks for helping Loaar here.
———-
Loaar - are you using a mac? I gather that can make a difference though it can be the same on a PC.
Like I can’t remove the “insurance” at CP using IE, but can using firefox.

Also remember you don’t need the CP insurance on freebies. If you need a repeat download of a freebie there,  just ‘buy’ it again and remove the download service during purchase. Plus its important to note contary to popular belif that if you do pay for CP insurance the artist does not recive anything.

PS: Glad you liked the freebie.
———-
BTW - just to clarify. That “insurance” is only at content paradise not my site. At Poserdirect and Sparkyworld most of the freebies are direct downloads. It’s only the odd few that need to be downloaded from other sites, such as Chris’s mega-cool gunhed model.

Epithumia - thanks for that info - let me check that out and I’ll post back in a bit.

Signature 

Posted: 04 June 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1232
Joined  2004-08-24
mrsparky - 04 June 2012 08:54 AM

Also remember you don’t need the CP insurance on freebies. If you need a repeat download of a freebie there,  just ‘buy’ it again and remove the download service during purchase. Plus its important to note contary to popular belif that if you do pay for CP insurance the artist does not recive anything.

I wouldn’t pay for the insurance anyway.  I think that most vendors, if you provide proof that you bought the product, are nice enough to give you another download if needed.  This is one of the SM policies that makes me buy almost nothing from CP other than occasional First Friday deals

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2003-11-19

Great. thank you. grin

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2004-10-23

Fantabulous!! Thank you very much.grin

Posted: 04 June 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Epithumia - just ran through this and can see whats happened here.

I know P9, PP2010 and PP2012 can sometimes struggle with spaces in filenames. Apparently the issue relates to the search settings, which I have no idea on how to change. Hence the line in the read me. 

Figured simplest way was to change the filenames, which meant the material lab-tab couldn’t see them. So I went back to an eariler version, which unfortunately didn’t have those OBJ’s in the new runtime structure. I’ve now added those files and updated the zip. That should remove any bugs, but for best results I’d say use the preset just in case.

Though I’m not surprised this happened. In fact I’m surprised theres not more issues with it. I don’t just mean the simple pathing/file mistakes that can creep in when you blend runtimes from 2 artists, but the whole new way of lighting in P9. It’s an incredibly complex system to setup, use and understand. Certainly takes ages to render with it.

Indeed I think without seachnasaigh’s help, I couldn’t have done it all. So I think we should all say a big thanks to him for putting in such an amazing amount of effort into this. 

Signature 

1 of 2