DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ Studio Pro BETA - version 184.108.40.206!
What is a BETA?
Despite our best efforts, DAZ 3D cannot possibly test the software under all possible conditions. So, we are providing this version of the application to the general public in order to uncover problems that were not discovered during internal testing. We expect that there will still be problems and we hope that when users encounter any problems, they will report them to the Bug Tracker so that they can be validated, prioritized and fixed.
As with any software classified as being in the BETA phase of development, you should expect to encounter bugs. Any bugs you do encounter while using BETA software can vary in terms of severity, from minor features that do not work correctly to problems that cause your computer to crash. Before choosing to use BETA software for production purposes, you should decide whether the benefit of new features and bug fixes provided by the BETA version outweighs the risk of instability you may encounter.
What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?
The 220.127.116.11 version resolves several issues and implements many improvements since the 18.104.22.168 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio Pro BETA product (SKU: 12000) will be of this version.
BETA 2 (22.214.171.124) highlights are:
1) Added support for Blended Weights (blend between TriAx Weight and General Weight in a single figure)
2) Fixed light color when rendering shadows (and colored shadows when using DS Defaults)
3) Fixed script access to enums on abstract base classes (fixes things like scripts for custom shaders and some utilities/tools written for previous versions)
4) Fixed loading of some types of content (rigidity w/ rotations, resolution of nodes where names do not match asset id)
BETA 1 (126.96.36.199) highlights are:
1) Fixed crash when loading dynamic clothing that has a material applied to it
2) Fixed Transfer Utility to not remove unused bones if not projecting weights
3) Extended Filter Weights to allow filtering of multiple maps at the same time
4) Updated 3Delight libraries to version 10.0.70 - for details see 3Delight change log here
Has the Genesis Starter Essentials content been updated too?
Yes, the Genesis Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product has been updated to version 1.11.
BETA 2 (1.11) highlights are:
- Fixed bone positions in the hand of the BasicChild morph
- Changed limits on Genesis hip translation properties to fix a bug with applying BVH files
BETA 1 (1.9) highlights are:
- Changed min/max values on scale properties to 0.001/1000
- Merged metadata into one product
- Changed uberEnvironment Occlusion Samples Max Limit to 512
- Changed uberEnvironment Maximum Trace Distance default to 150
- Some files were moved from Genesis Starter Essentials to DAZ Studio
NOTE: If you are NOT updating to this version of DAZ Studio Pro, do NOT update your version of Genesis Starter Essentials
How do I get the latest version?
If you have previously added the DAZ Studio Pro BETA product to your account, simply locate it within your Itemized Order History and then click the “Reset” link on its immediate right. This will cause new links for downloading the latest version to be added to your My Downloadable Products list.
If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio Pro BETA, simply follow this link, click the “add to cart” button on the page and then follow the checkout process.
Is there any documentation?
Yes, some documentation is located here.