The Internment Tomb Price?

JUJUJUJU Posts: 396
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,
I get a newsletter today with the info that the new "The Internment Tomb" is on sale for 50%. I went to the shop, put it in my cart, added the then free "Them bones" and want to go to checkout. But then I got told, the page is offline or something. Ok, I will try later. But when I came back a few time later there was an oter price in my cart? I think it was 19.81$ (also Scarlet for G in) but then it was 24.80$!!!
Because the Internment Tomb is only on sale 30% now?????
Is that an errror?????
What happens to the 50% ? It is over after a few hours????? Was the newsletter wrong?

«1

Comments

  • ChristenChristen Posts: 218
    edited December 1969

    This was on sale for around $12 earlier, now it's $17.47. Why the price hike?

  • ChristenChristen Posts: 218
    edited December 1969

    Would like an answer to this too!

  • patience55patience55 Posts: 6,202
    edited December 1969

    I don't know ... but there are a few items I've been watching doing that. One has a different price "everytime" I check it.

  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 1,727
    edited December 1969

    Er, you are right. and i also have no idea why....

  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 3,837
    edited December 1969

    Yea me too, I was going to buy this until the advertised discount reduced.

  • sabotssnakesabotssnake Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

    I spotted this product as well as was quite interested until I looked down and saw that it has only a DSON installer. I'm not really up on current DS file formats since I stopped using DS around 3.0 and primarily use Cararra and Poser as my programs of choice, so I'm unsure if this product will work as is in Carrara and Poser, or will it require the DSON importer to enable it to at least be useable in Poser? I was under the impression that DSON was primarily used for genesis products, not static props like this tomb, but then I don't use or have any interest in genesis so I may be mistaken?

  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,348
    edited December 1969

    It looks to me like it may have been at 50% off for a while, and now it is back to it's normal 30% off for new items.

    The DSON bit is confusing. I think DSON would be needed to open DS 4.5 DUF Scene Files files as well (that is how genesis is loaded), but there is no mention of them in the description. Usually when there are a lot of props like this, there is a scene file supplied which loads them all at the same time, but I don't see one listed.

    It does say PP2 (Poser Prop), and OBJ files are supplied, so I don;t see why DSON would be needed for Poser, or Carrara for that matter. The only DS files that are mentioned are DSA texture files which can be used in any version of DS I think.

    You could write to Support, or buy it anyway, it should work in Poser and Carrara from what the description says, if it doesn't, return it for a refund.

  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,860
    edited December 1969

    I think the 50% was a glitch price, the rest of the store was on 50% off when I looked yesterday.

  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 1,727
    edited December 1969

    Not a glitch, was part of a promotion for "High Fantasy" which has a super deal each day... A new fantasy item, at 50% off, and an additional 'free' item (but ONLY if you buy it in the cart at the same time as the daily High fantasy deal!).

    problem is, i don't think the internment was up for a full day???? :S

    Oh well. I got this one instead: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-crypt-of-pralleus which is still at 50% off, and cheaper than internenment... doesn't come with a free matching bones set, but I DO already have one of his "them bones" sets so I think I'll manage. :)
    I do like his sets though... they always come with matching lights. <3

  • ChristenChristen Posts: 218
    edited December 1969

    It looks to me like it may have been at 50% off for a while, and now it is back to it's normal 30% off for new items.
    .

    It was only 50% off for a few hours. Normally sales last for at least a day as far as I can tell. The newsletter even had it listed as 50% off for the high fantasy sale.

  • GeddGedd Posts: 2,473
    edited December 2012

    I've found that when I'm on the fence like I was with that set, DAZ makes my mind up for me by changing the price ;p

    I also have bones and more bones so would have been a nice addition but not necessary.

    Post edited by Gedd on
  • jmperjmper Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I spotted this product as well as was quite interested until I looked down and saw that it has only a DSON installer. I'm not really up on current DS file formats since I stopped using DS around 3.0 and primarily use Cararra and Poser as my programs of choice, so I'm unsure if this product will work as is in Carrara and Poser, or will it require the DSON importer to enable it to at least be useable in Poser? I was under the impression that DSON was primarily used for genesis products, not static props like this tomb, but then I don't use or have any interest in genesis so I may be mistaken?

    There is a Poser Core installer which has everything you need.
    I use Poser, it has the installed items as .pp2 format (props).

  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 396
    edited December 2012

    What makes my a little angry is, that I had it in my cart for 50% but I could not check out cause I get told the homepage would be offline or something and a few later when I tried again, the price was changed.... :(
    That was really strange and disappointing...:long:

    Post edited by JUJU on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,348
    edited December 1969

    Juju said:
    What makes my a little angry is, that I had it in my cart for 50% but I could not check out cause I get told the homepage would be offline or something and a few later when I tried again, the price was changed.... :(
    That was really strange and disappointing...:long:

    If I were you, I would write to Support and see if they can help you. It's worth a try since it wasn't your fault?

  • SirFurboySirFurboy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Me too. I added it to my baskedt at 50% off with the intention of paying and downloading when I got back to my computer a few hours later and it was already back to just 30% off.

    Pity because it looks good, but the extra $5 will just feel like a rip off now, So I will leave it.

  • sabotssnakesabotssnake Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

    Thanks Jmper. I've just purchased the tomb and the bones addition and they both have poser core installers. So not sure why the tomb had DSON down as the installer in the product notes - guess it's just another website glitch or a typo error.

  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Duplicate threads merged.

  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 1,544
    edited December 2012

    We are very sorry for any confusion on the two sets by Orestes Graphics. There was a mistake on the DAZ3D end when the sale was set live in the store which has now been resolved. The fluctuation on the prices of those two packs were due to us fixing that initial issue. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused anyone as well as to Orestes Graphics for the mistake. The prices shown now should be the correct ones with the correct discounts etc applying. Again, we are terribly sorry for any confusion caused while we remedied this issue.

    Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 1,544
    edited December 1969

    On topic, I bought More of Them Bones and Them Bones 3 today...both sets are really awesome :) I was just playing with them both :) Anyone have any renders of the other one...The Internment Tomb. After playing with these two Im kinda tempted to binge and get it as well but it would be cool to see a couple renders of it first :)

  • ChristenChristen Posts: 218
    edited December 1969

    Thank you Ann! One question, has the freebie offer for Them Bones 3 expired now? It's not showing the discount in my cart or even at the paypal page.

  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 1,544
    edited December 1969

    Yeah the free offer is over. It should be showing at 50% Off now I believe :)

  • OrestesGraphicsOrestesGraphics Posts: 594
    edited December 1969

    Yeah the free offer is over. It should be showing at 50% Off now I believe :)

    Sorry guys I somehow completely missed this thread. Anne is correct, Daz made some mistakes with the sale prices and newsletter. Anne is correct, the freebie offer is over now, but you can still get them for 50%, but not for much longer, so don't wait! lol

  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 796
    edited December 1969

    Moreso than a little off topic, but...

    Am I the only one who, every time I see the title of this thread, reads it as Internet Tomb?

  • OrestesGraphicsOrestesGraphics Posts: 594
    edited December 1969

    Moreso than a little off topic, but...

    Am I the only one who, every time I see the title of this thread, reads it as Internet Tomb?

    No. You are not. I have been told this repeatedly, from the moment it was submitted to QA. LOL

    Although an Internet Tomb might be a neat idea.....lol

  • SirFurboySirFurboy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    OK so I am a bit miffed with Daz just now and currently holding off making any more purchases. I am feeling very messed around by the price of this product, and although I am sure I should have checked my invoice before payment, I was buying a number of items and in a hurry, so I missed it.

    I wrote this to support 36 hours ago and no reply yet:

    Discount not applied

    [My real name]
    Dec 13 03:15

    Today I bought the internment tomb product and the Them Bones 3 product. The product page for Them Bones reads:

    "For a limited time, buy The Internment Tomb and receive Them Bones 3 for FREE! Just add both items to your cart and the discount will apply automatically at checkout."

    Checking my sales invoice, however, I find I have been charged for the Them Bones product (which I only added as I thought it was to be free).

    Grateful if you could generate a refund or credit.

    Is it normal to get no response from support tickets? (I included my order number so Daz could check that I had indeed purchased this)

  • OrestesGraphicsOrestesGraphics Posts: 594
    edited December 1969

    Sorry to hear of your troubles, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it .Customer Support will have to help you on that.

    SirFurboy said:
    OK so I am a bit miffed with Daz just now and currently holding off making any more purchases. I am feeling very messed around by the price of this product, and although I am sure I should have checked my invoice before payment, I was buying a number of items and in a hurry, so I missed it.

    I wrote this to support 36 hours ago and no reply yet:

    Discount not applied

    [My real name]
    Dec 13 03:15

    Today I bought the internment tomb product and the Them Bones 3 product. The product page for Them Bones reads:

    "For a limited time, buy The Internment Tomb and receive Them Bones 3 for FREE! Just add both items to your cart and the discount will apply automatically at checkout."

    Checking my sales invoice, however, I find I have been charged for the Them Bones product (which I only added as I thought it was to be free).

    Grateful if you could generate a refund or credit.

    Is it normal to get no response from support tickets? (I included my order number so Daz could check that I had indeed purchased this)

  • SirFurboySirFurboy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I very much appreciate your reply, and please know that I have no problems with your excellent product. I am very glad I bought the internemnt tomb. The bones are a nice addition, but I already had bought a skeleton so would not have got these this time.

    What I am particularly concerned about, however, is that I seem to have absolutely no way to contact anyone at Daz. I put that ticket in last week and have sent 3 follow ups to it, and no one has even acknowledged receipt. I do not have an email address, and my hopes that an administrator on this board would give someone a poke seems to have come to naught.

    Currently I have $200 worth of stuff in my wishlist, that I was steadily buying at the rate of about $20-$40 every day or so (and adding more stuff all the time form the sales). Right now I am holding off as I do not like to do business with companies I cannot contact.

    If someone has a real email address for DAZ, I would appreciate it.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,836
    edited December 1969

    SirFurboy said:
    I very much appreciate your reply, and please know that I have no problems with your excellent product. I am very glad I bought the internemnt tomb. The bones are a nice addition, but I already had bought a skeleton so would not have got these this time.

    What I am particularly concerned about, however, is that I seem to have absolutely no way to contact anyone at Daz. I put that ticket in last week and have sent 3 follow ups to it, and no one has even acknowledged receipt. I do not have an email address, and my hopes that an administrator on this board would give someone a poke seems to have come to naught.

    Currently I have $200 worth of stuff in my wishlist, that I was steadily buying at the rate of about $20-$40 every day or so (and adding more stuff all the time form the sales). Right now I am holding off as I do not like to do business with companies I cannot contact.

    If someone has a real email address for DAZ, I would appreciate it.



    Help / Contact Us / Submit a Help Request / then make sure that you are submitting the request to the correct dept, and have included sufficient detail for them to follow up on your request. IF you have followed all this then you should get an automated response to say that your ticket has been received, and you can then follow the progress of your ticket by going to "submit a help request" again, but this time click on "Check Your Existing Requests" on the top line of the page.

  • SirFurboySirFurboy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    This is what I did.

    Checking my request:

    #121250 Discount not applied

    I see no responses except my 3 follow ups asking for someone to confirm that they had seen this.

    Thanks for replying though. :)

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,914
    edited December 1969

    When did you open that ticket?

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel