Digital Art Zone

Two Carrara Problems (Bugs?) - Right Clicking Objects & Hiding 3D View
Posted: 11 December 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  833
Joined  2003-10-09

1. I right click to see a hidden object, i.e. its behind another object, and about half the time I get taken to the model room to modify the object in front.  All I want to see are the objects behind the front object, not model anything.  It seems that if I right click VERY quickly, i.e. don’t hold the mouse button for more than a split second, it doesn’t happen, but I’m not sure.  Can I turn this “switch to model room” off?  I can’t find anything in the program settings ...

2. Say I have a spot light “pointed at” an object, and maybe lighting that object “Only”.  Then I unclick the “Show in 3D View” box so I can work on the scene without the spot light symbol in the way.  Most of the time, the light is no longer pointed at the object, i.e. I have to reclick the “Show in 3D View” (and the light typically is pointed straight down), then move it slightly so it is again “Pointed At” the object.  But I cannot hide the light in the 3D view and maintain the “Point At” setting?  Workaround suggestions?