Digital Art Zone

5 of 37
Easy Environments: Autumn (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]
Posted: 17 December 2012 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 17 December 2012 12:54 AM
My take on translations (I am neither American nor first language English speaker, so I may be wrong):
I *think* Dani's picture shows the one house in the neighbourhood where the owner is overdoing the christmas decoration.
Totte seems to be into RPG (Role playing games).

Exactly! *smile*

Thank you for the kind comments!
[ Edited: 17 December 2012 02:33 AM by Dani Foster Herring ]

Posted: 17 December 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  430
Joined  2010-08-26
Ah, thanks for explaining!
Now that you menitioned it, yes, I remember seeing one or the other US movie that had the neighborhood war for christmas decoration in it wink
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

To be the still point in a turning world is a warrior`s greatest feat. -Destiny
I am in deep shtako here! -Cass
Did I fall asleep? - For a little while. - Shall I go now? - If you like. -Echo & Topher

Posted: 17 December 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1440
Joined  0
your renders are all amazing..I just purchased this product so hope I can do just as well smile
 Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 18 December 2012 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
Ok, it`s still Winter, but that shall not keep us from proceeding to the next set. wink

Next in line is "Mountain Trail", to be released later this week. I Hope you`ll like it!

Releasing Winter first was mostly a seasonal decision, I think if it would have been about showing the benefits of the skyboxes I`d have rather started with this one.
When up in the mountains you`ll naturally want to look downwards sometimes, and the complete scene coverage of the box really helps here, I hope the previews display that well.

Link: Mountain Trail Gallery

Link: Easy Environments video page

Image Attachments
mtrail_promo02.jpgmtrail_promo03.jpg
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

Did I fall asleep? - For a little while. - Shall I go now? - If you like. -Echo & Topher

Posted: 18 December 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
Looks amazing Flipmode...can't wait to learn how to use these products!
 Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 18 December 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
Thanks Kharma! What`s to learn though? wink
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

Posted: 18 December 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
For me alot smile So far I have struggled with every item I have tried to use, it's just a matter of learning the program and how things work of course . So much I don't know and want to learn immediately...definately not known for my patience lol
 Signature 

Posted: 18 December 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2005-08-23
Too many people want my money! Stonemason, AlfaSeed, and now this! At least this won't be $30. raspberry
 Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 18 December 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
Kharma, since you beat me 3:1 on the post count, I kinda thought you would have been with DS or Poser for a while. Guess I just don`t post much. wink
Anyway, I am sure you`ll get into that stuff in no time. I don`t know what software you use, but if you feel you struggle too much, maybe just try the other one?

Zaarin, what can I say, ...same pricing like on Winter. God I have to sell many of these to make the coins ring wink
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

Posted: 18 December 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1612
Joined  2005-02-25
will the mountain be an add on, or is it standalone?

Posted: 18 December 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
standalone, no need to own Winter for it.
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

Posted: 18 December 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0
Flipmode - 18 December 2012 12:14 PM
Kharma, since you beat me 3:1 on the post count, I kinda thought you would have been with DS or Poser for a while. Guess I just don`t post much. wink
Anyway, I am sure you`ll get into that stuff in no time. I don`t know what software you use, but if you feel you struggle too much, maybe just try the other one?

Zaarin, what can I say, ...same pricing like on Winter. God I have to sell many of these to make the coins ring wink

I am just trying to learn DS 4.5 and Carrara at the moment..but I tend to start with one thing and then something else catches my attention and I move off to that. As far as posts...asking a million questions about everything...lol smile
 Signature 

Posted: 18 December 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2012-02-04
Anyone tried this in LuxRender yet? Are the texture maps for the skybox HDR or LDR? I see two ways this could be used in Lux:

1) Make each of the six cube faces emitters in Lux. This is simple to do in Reality, but will be a performance killer for Lux to render.

2) Combine the six cube faces into a vertical cross cubic projection map and load it as an IBL (Lux Environment Map Wiki for more info). This should render significantly faster in LuxRender. Environment maps work best with HDR sources, however, hence my original question. It will be one BIG projection file, though... 12288x16384. Lux can load that, but it will take a nice chunk of RAM...

Thanks
 Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 18 December 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2647
Joined  2003-12-06
Flipmode - 18 December 2012 11:24 AM
Next in line is "Mountain Trail", to be released later this week. I Hope you`ll like it!

I do already, and I can't even try placing any of my characters in it (yet).
 Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 18 December 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
Thanks Kitty, glad you like it wink

cwichura, I think you asked a similar thing on another one of my products (my memory is weak though), so probably you know already that I unfortunately know naught about Lux.
With that out of the way, I don`t see why Lux shouldn`t be able to render a skybox. The materials in DS/Poser are simple, there is nothing special about them. Basicly it`s just ambience.
The skybox textures are LDR, to be honest I am not even sure if DS and Poser can handle true HDR image formats (HDR lighting/rendering is a different thing afaik).
As for environment maps, when I did the quick UberEnvironment2 test (a few pages back), I simply used the skybox top texture. Certainly not perfect or useable for reflections, but good enough for basic lighting.
Anyway, if you wanted to render the complete scenes (terrain & skybox) with Lux, i guess you`d be in for quite some lighting tweaking.

Sorry if none of the above makes much sense, like I said, I don`t know Lux...just trying to give some general info that may or may not help.
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

5 of 37