Digital Art Zone

22 of 36
Easy Environments: Autumn (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]
Posted: 08 April 2013 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2010-08-26
Yes, that looks safe enough, and almost snowy wink Thanks!
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

To be the still point in a turning world is a warrior`s greatest feat. -Destiny
I am in deep shtako here! -Cass
Did I fall asleep? - For a little while. - Shall I go now? - If you like. -Echo & Topher

Posted: 11 April 2013 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2012-11-17
Anyone have any tips to get these to show up/work in Reality or Luxus for LuxRender?
 Signature 

FusionLA

Posted: 11 April 2013 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1092
Joined  2010-09-19
fusionla - 11 April 2013 03:10 PM
Anyone have any tips to get these to show up/work in Reality or Luxus for LuxRender?
Turn it into a light emitter, then adjust on-the-fly in Luxrender ...mostly a case of turning light strength down so it's strong enough to be seen but not strong enough to look like it's actually a light - then use mesh lights to light the actual scene inside the skybox.

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 11 April 2013 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2012-11-17
Jabba101 - 11 April 2013 04:11 PM
fusionla - 11 April 2013 03:10 PM
Turn it into a light emitter, then adjust on-the-fly in Luxrender ...mostly a case of turning light strength down so it's strong enough to be seen but not strong enough to look like it's actually a light - then use mesh lights to light the actual scene inside the skybox.

Thank you,
Just could not figure out what was going on, I was getting plain white where the Skybox was.
Got it pretty close to what I was seeing in DAZ Studio.
It's more work, a little easier in Reality vs Luxus since Reality keeps the texture for the Skybox and Luxus does not.
But you can get some nice results (atmospheric, scfi, ocean look) with the light color after making it an emitter.

@Flipmode,
Top of the World is the first set I got, but now I want them all.... Nice job on the Easy Environments.
Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_4.51_.00_PM_.jpegScreen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_4.50_.03_PM_.jpegScreen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_4.50_.43_PM_.jpegScreen_Shot_2013-04-11_at_4.47_.13_PM_.jpeg
 Signature 

FusionLA

Posted: 11 April 2013 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 320 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
fusionla - 11 April 2013 10:04 PM

...@Flipmode,
Top of the World is the first set I got, but now I want them all.... Nice job on the Easy Environments.

Thanks, glad you like it!
Unfortunately I can`t join the Luxus/Reality talk...I don`t use either of them yet. But good to know you can get the sets to work with it somehow.
Coloring the skybox works within DS/Poser as well, by adjusting the ambience color. But I think the results look a bit different from the renders you posted.
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

Did I fall asleep? - For a little while. - Shall I go now? - If you like. -Echo & Topher

Posted: 14 April 2013 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 321 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16
I really love these sets and have bought them all. The first thing I do is load them up from the Poser runtime, then save them as a Daz scene so they are handy for my normal location.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but I'd love to see a becach/ocean environment that might include beach, rocky and cliff foregrounds.

Posted: 15 April 2013 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 322 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
Thanks Marieah smile

I think I overestimate the amount of people using the smart content tab, I thought most users wouldn`t even notice Poser/DS fileformats anymore.

Beach/Ocean ... will be one of the next four sets I have planned, well, if I can get the whole water thing right.
Right now I am working on some none-easy-environment stuff, so it will be a while before I get to continue the series.
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

Posted: 15 April 2013 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 323 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4926
Joined  2008-03-06
Flipmode - 15 April 2013 08:57 AM
Thanks Marieah smile

I think I overestimate the amount of people using the smart content tab, I thought most users wouldn`t even notice Poser/DS fileformats anymore.

Beach/Ocean ... will be one of the next four sets I have planned, well, if I can get the whole water thing right.
Right now I am working on some none-easy-environment stuff, so it will be a while before I get to continue the series.

I'd love to see a beach too, but I'm sure I will be interested in whatever you do next.
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 15 April 2013 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 324 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
I forgot to mention the beach/ocean thing i am planning on will most likely be rather dark/northern style, not exactly hawaii or something wink
Just not to mislead anyone.
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

Posted: 15 April 2013 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 325 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4926
Joined  2008-03-06
Flipmode - 15 April 2013 10:03 AM
I forgot to mention the beach/ocean thing i am planning on will most likely be rather dark/northern style, not exactly hawaii or something wink

I still want it. I live near those beaches.
 Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 15 April 2013 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 326 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1007
Joined  2003-10-09
Flipmode - 08 April 2013 10:15 PM
Yes, that looks safe enough, and almost snowy wink Thanks!

Well, re the 'almost snowy' I think I found a buglet in Studio 4.5. I had done the scene but applied a snow shader to the ground. When I reloaded the next day I decided I didn't want the snow. Since there are no mat files, I simply deleted the skybox and ground leaving only the figures, then reloaded the environment fresh from the library.

The snow remained though I swear it looked different from the day before so I doubted myself about what it should look like and continued on.

No permanent damage, I can load the environment into a fresh scene just fine. No snow.

Posted: 27 May 2013 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 327 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30
Flipmode - 15 April 2013 10:03 AM

Any news on the next set? It's been awefully quiet around here for the past month.

Used your set in these renders (skybox and lights only):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8790879547/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8853445865/

Posted: 27 May 2013 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 328 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
Thanks for the links to the renders Norse!

The talking got kinda hijacked over to this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/21646/ lately, but it will be back here as soon as I have a new set to show.
Right now I am working on a clothing item which will eat up one or two more weeks, after that I`ll take care of the next easy environments.
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

Posted: 24 August 2013 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 329 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-08-26
Hi guys!

Ok, it`s been a while, but finally there`s a new Easy Environments set coming. smile

To start with, I`d like to point to cosmos`s thread for the series.
It has a ton of great renders using these sets, so it might be useful for everyone who wants to get a deeper look on what users did, beyond the stuff that was already posted here.
Link: cosmo`s thread

Now, on to the new set >>> The Rock
It was quite a struggle to get this done, the theme isn`t easy to do.
Frankly, it is also a bit more demanding to use than the other sets, but I think if you want to do open sea renders it will be worth it.
I`ll cover all of it in detail on the info pages in a few days.

Hope you like the previews!
Image Attachments
rock_promo08.jpgrock_promo02.jpgrock_promo04.jpg
 Signature 

Flipmode`s store at Daz
Want a free Sky Sphere?

Posted: 24 August 2013 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 330 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1676
Joined  2013-04-23
*squeeeeeeels* Looks great ! heh, I already has a couple of ideas for renders... *sheepish smile*
 Signature 

My Art Thread  **  My Gallery  **  My Deviant Art  (includes mature content)

Playful Ferret, Proud Wizard Companion of BWC

22 of 36