Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Conspiracy theories about DAZ’s silence
Posted: 11 December 2012 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2005-05-21
Kodiak3D - 11 December 2012 11:14 AM

Garstor, I can’t remember the name of the show, but they were clearly DAZ products. One was M4 with the standard texture and unmorphed face.

“Bones” uses them frequently.

Posted: 11 December 2012 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5191
Joined  2006-08-27
CarltonMartin - 11 December 2012 06:32 PM
Kodiak3D - 11 December 2012 11:14 AM

Garstor, I can’t remember the name of the show, but they were clearly DAZ products. One was M4 with the standard texture and unmorphed face.

“Bones” uses them frequently.

Can they see M4’s bones?  ‘Cause I sure can’t! (At least in C7 Pro).

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 12 December 2012 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1993
Joined  2008-01-28
Kodiak3D - 11 December 2012 09:12 AM

It’s been months since we’ve heard anything new about Carrara.  Why would that be?

Could it be that, after seeing DAZ products used on TV in a re-creation of the raid on bin Laden, DAZ was attacked by terrorists?

heh, maybe they realised that no one cares any more - as evidenced by the lack of posters present on the forum….

all I know is, I have saved a motza on Genesis related gear because I don’t trust it to work n Carrara.

Daz’s silence and tardiness is just costing them money as far as I can see…
Good for me, not so good for Daz…

Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 12 December 2012 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1386
Joined  2011-01-03
head wax - 12 December 2012 03:32 AM

all I know is, I have saved a motza on Genesis related gear because I don’t trust it to work in Carrara.

Daz’s silence and tardiness is just costing them money as far as I can see… Good for me, not so good for Daz…

I concur. I have completely ignored Genesis and V5/M5 because even though I have DS installed, I want to work in Carrara. I don’t trust beta code either.

At Microsoft, we were encouraged to grab the latest alpha/beta code for applications and run it—sorry, I have work to do and I want my applications to function normally. Unless my job is on the Test team (hint: it wasn’t wink ); then get back to me when the application is ready to ship.

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 14 December 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2003-10-09

Genesis not being compatible with Carrara is an issue for me too.

I don’t know about anyone else ... when it comes to spending ... rhythm is everything.

payday ... shop ... spend ... wait

Lather rinse repeat.

Break the cycle for to long ... I lose interest.

Posted: 14 December 2012 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2010-09-22

CONSPIRACY THEROY!

I’M IN! Let me tighten up my Foil hat . UMPH! There we go!

Funny how the Whole Bin Landin Assassination myth is a lot like DAZ saying Carrara is NOT DEAD!

AS for the Announcement and credit taken by the US Government that we killed bin Laden Required ZERO proof, No Body, no DNA, No Picture, No witnesses, just the head of some organization telling you it’s a done deal… WE have never seen any proof that carrara is NOT DEAD! In fact its quite the contrary and all the evidence point to its demise.

Look for an announcement that it is NOT dead but they Shot it, flew it to a Air Craft Carrier, cut its head off and through it overboard ! Oh an by the way we dont have any pictures or proof of any of that

And DAZ is sorry to inform you all that all the peoples and code zombies that were working on the carrara 8.5- 9 upgrade were all conveniently killed in a helicopter accident. ALAS

Just trust us its not dead!  But feel free to buy up as many TOYS form DAZ in the mean time!

ROFL!

PS Look for DAZ the Change the name of Carrara from CARRARA to BARRARA the next day after this announcement without explanation! just like every media outlet and US Government source in the US Changed “OSMAMA” Bin Ladins name to “USAMA” Bin Laden the day after the announcement….

Funny how Life Imitates art ... or is it Art imitates life?

Posted: 14 December 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Just to inform; and coming from me you know it’s not BS.

Genesis works quite nicely in carrara8.5. As weird as it sounds improvements to genesis in studio cross over to carrara. The latest version of genesis; and I need to replace my preset carrara genesis to get this, works with mil4 poses with out going all wonky. The feet turn up a bit at the ankle, but a very easy fix. 
Autofit works well with shoes now, an improvement in genesis/studio that seems to cross over to carrara.

And if you don’t have C8.5 you are missing out on improvements to bullet physics.

Thing is there has been no updates to carrara in 8 months{?}. We never got the last announced update to the beta; you know the one that was announced to be out in a few days back in July, and we never got. And we really haven’t heard anything since. The carrara beta has been dead in the water for so long it is easy to believe DAZ has given up on it. As I said, in my opinion DAZ is running a minimum developmental staff and they are all working on studio and genesis.

Personally I have to wonder what the people running DAZ now are thinking. Starting with studio 4/genesis/the new forum/store/download system DAZ has manged to runoff/lose hundreds of customers, some people that have been DAZ fans/customers practically from the start. Then tenaciously stick to what is costing them customers. I read practically daily, posts by people that are so fed up with store and download issues that they quit DAZ. Or posts by people that aren’t shopping at DAZ because they don’t use genesis.

Personally I think DAZs rush to get an award has cost them dearly and continues to cost them. Daz releasing studio 4 and genesis long before they were ready has left DAZ floundering to get back on top of things.

Posted: 14 December 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6098
Joined  2007-12-04

I think that one of the things that is helping to slow everything down is the way people seem to intend on using duf - which is a true bummer.
Why the hell would anyone want to build a scene in DS and then try and open that scene in Carrara - that’s just wrong… but it’s also what most peeps tried to do with it - and complained that it doesn’t work right - which is the truth - it doesn’t. But who cares? I’d far rather build a scene in Carrara and, for that matter, leave it in Carrara - or possibly have the option to export stuff directly from Carrara into some game engine compatible format (not for me… but…). I guess that duf has to either work or not. This whole duf thing is going to end up being a great thing though - I hope. If it becomes a better way for folks to transfer at least poses and shapes from one to the other - it will help to keep the Daz Tools pipeline working nicely.

All I know is that I am quite impressed with how far they’ve come so far and I anxiously await the next helping.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 14 December 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  832
Joined  2010-03-01
RichardChaos - 14 December 2012 06:42 AM

CONSPIRACY THEROY!

grin

(just funny comment, to tired to react on topic)

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Freebies @ sharecg
Deviant Art Gallery

Posted: 14 December 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2010-09-22
Elele - 14 December 2012 11:54 AM
RichardChaos - 14 December 2012 06:42 AM

CONSPIRACY THEROY!

grin

(just funny comment, to tired to react on topic)

You think I am kidding!

Image Attachments
Rich7foilhat.jpg

Posted: 14 December 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  959
Joined  2006-06-12
ManStan - 11 December 2012 10:59 AM

I will now return you to what I am sure will turn in to cutesy, light hearted drivel to obscure the actual issue. So feel free to post your lolcats so the issue can be properly obscured.

Funny, but true.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 14 December 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  959
Joined  2006-06-12
ManStan - 14 December 2012 08:12 AM

Personally I think DAZs rush to get an award has cost them dearly and continues to cost them. Daz releasing studio 4 and genesis long before they were ready has left DAZ floundering to get back on top of things.

True.
Daz really should have come out with a V5 along the lines of V4. Compatible with their software right out of the box. That would have put some serious cash in their pockets right away and they could have take time to get it right.
Instead, they painted themselves into a horrible corner where they HAD to keep pushing Genesis on us, even though it wasn’t ready.
Same with their new website.
Slow and steady wins the race.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

2 of 2