Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Conspiracy theories about DAZ’s silence
Posted: 11 December 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2007-03-03

It’s been months since we’ve heard anything new about Carrara.  Why would that be?

Could it be that, after seeing DAZ products used on TV in a re-creation of the raid on bin Laden, DAZ was attacked by terrorists?

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

“I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me, or am I even in its mind at all?”
- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

Posted: 11 December 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1388
Joined  2011-01-03
Kodiak3D - 11 December 2012 09:12 AM

It’s been months since we’ve heard anything new about Carrara.  Why would that be?

This will either be a fun, light-hearted thread…or it will devolve into mud-slinging and silly accusations (who? us? NOOOO!!!  wink  ).

Kodiak3D - 11 December 2012 09:12 AM

Could it be that, after seeing DAZ products used on TV in a re-creation of the raid on bin Laden, DAZ was attacked by terrorists?

Seriously? No, not the terrorists bit…the products being used on TV. Which show was that?

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 11 December 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  341
Joined  2003-10-09

In other news, after what DAZ officials described as “credible threats”, Victoria 5 and Michael 5 have been moved to an undisclosed location.

I think silence is more easily explained by the rule that says “Don’t say anything until you have something positive and/or definite to say”, which is a good rule for businesses. But your theory is certainly worth considering.

Signature 

http://bytescapes.com/            Bryce/Carrara/Reality galleries and resources

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7724
Joined  2009-07-13

I looked for Bin Laden in Carrara but unfortunately the garbos had been already long face

Image Attachments
Doc3.png
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  341
Joined  2003-10-09

Incidentally, you know that Mr Sparky offers a free model of the late unlamented Mr Bin Laden’s house? (search in page for “Pakastani Mansion Building” [sic]).

Signature 

http://bytescapes.com/            Bryce/Carrara/Reality galleries and resources

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7724
Joined  2009-07-13

it is what I used in my render

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

This is certainly nothing more then my candid opinion.

The delay of C8.5 rests squarely on the shoulders of studio 5. With the DAZ devs working to get the communications between studio and carrara working relatively smoothly, they will have to get things working right in studio before they can work on the pipeline to carrara, then get back to working on carrara.
I’d say DAZ has no devs working on carrara now because what few they have are working on genesis and studio. I think we will have to concede that carrara comes after studio, genesis, and content.

I gave up long ago on DAZ putting any real developmental time on carrara; out side of getting their latest money pit working in it. At one time carrara was close to C4D, 3DS, and lightwave. DAZ has consistently dropped the ball on carrara development, and fallen so far behind, that now it isn’t even competitive with freeware; as far as available working features.

I will now return you to what I am sure will turn in to cutesy, light hearted drivel to obscure the actual issue. So feel free to post your lolcats so the issue can be properly obscured.

Posted: 11 December 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03
angusm - 11 December 2012 09:43 AM

In other news, after what DAZ officials described as “credible threats”, Victoria 5 and Michael 5 have been moved to an undisclosed location.

LOL!

angusm - 11 December 2012 09:43 AM

I think silence is more easily explained by the rule that says “Don’t say anything until you have something positive and/or definite to say”, which is a good rule for businesses. But your theory is certainly worth considering.

Well, I agree with you up to about 75% of that sentiment. There are times when it is good to make an announcement. If nothing else, to test possible market reaction. Or allay fears of vapourware (honestly, that thought about C8.5 is more persistent in my mind these days).

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

Posted: 11 December 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2007-03-03

Garstor, I can’t remember the name of the show, but they were clearly DAZ products. One was M4 with the standard texture and unmorphed face.

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

“I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me, or am I even in its mind at all?”
- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

Posted: 11 December 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8035
Joined  2009-05-14

And there was me thinking all staff at DAZ3D had been accepted in to the BWC and is now plotting world domination.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 11 December 2012 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03
Kodiak3D - 11 December 2012 11:14 AM

Garstor, I can’t remember the name of the show, but they were clearly DAZ products. One was M4 with the standard texture and unmorphed face.

I did DVR one program about SEAL Team 6—I don’t recall seeing M4 used in it though. Maybe I’ll watch it again to be sure.

ManStan: I have little doubt about the accuracy of your view. I think DAZ has poured its resources into DS and has pretty much kicked Carrara to the curb. Damn cryin’ shame…

Signature 

- Garstor

Posted: 11 December 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16092
Joined  2003-10-09

You cannot be serious

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 11 December 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2005-12-17

Conspiracy theories? Get Jesse Ventura on the case! smile

Signature 

$5 eBook Cover Designs

Posted: 11 December 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-03
CNSamson - 11 December 2012 12:21 PM

Conspiracy theories? Get Jesse Ventura on the case! smile

No, Alex Jones in The Man for this job… ohh

Signature 

- Garstor

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30
ManStan - 11 December 2012 10:59 AM

I will now return you to what I am sure will turn in to cutesy, light hearted drivel to obscure the actual issue. So feel free to post your lolcats so the issue can be properly obscured.

I’m certain the delay has more to do with development of The Millennium Cow than anything else.

But since you asked for them…

Here:

Image Attachments
128904146440035207.jpg
 Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5512
Joined  2006-08-27
ManStan - 11 December 2012 10:59 AM

This is certainly nothing more then my candid opinion.

The delay of C8.5 rests squarely on the shoulders of studio 5. With the DAZ devs working to get the communications between studio and carrara working relatively smoothly, they will have to get things working right in studio before they can work on the pipeline to carrara, then get back to working on carrara.
I’d say DAZ has no devs working on carrara now because what few they have are working on genesis and studio. I think we will have to concede that carrara comes after studio, genesis, and content.

I gave up long ago on DAZ putting any real developmental time on carrara; out side of getting their latest money pit working in it. At one time carrara was close to C4D, 3DS, and lightwave. DAZ has consistently dropped the ball on carrara development, and fallen so far behind, that now it isn’t even competitive with freeware; as far as available working features.

I can agree with almost all of what you’re saying except for the last paragraph. If you want to see a near constant gripe about Carrara’s 8.5 release, when it will or won’t be, it’s shortcomings, etc. etc. etc. Then you need look no further than the C8 beta thread stickied at the top of the forum page, or the threads that seem to pop up every time the beta gets close to expiring. I’m not saying people should stick their head in the sand, but sometimes there needs to be a little levity to relieve the stress and anxiety around here. To be honest, when I saw the thread, my initial reaction was to roll my eyes and exclaim, “again?!?” I was relieved to see it was a more humorous take on the situation.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

1 of 2