Digital Art Zone

2 of 10
keyMate - Commercial - Released
Posted: 11 December 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2008-04-10

Some have reported not being able to find the keyMate pane in the list, Menu -> Window -> Panes(Tabs)

The workaround is to reset your workspace.
- Menu - > Window -> Workspace -> Select Layout -> when you see the dialog popup, select accept.

Then
- Menu -> Window -> Pane(Tabs) -> keyMate

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2003-10-09

Did the work around—did not show up.  Uninstalled ity, re-installed it only it ony gets part way thru and says it can’t install the keymate.dll —says it is having a problem unpacking it

manually removed the dll from the plugins folder, reinstalled keymate and it still does not show in panes(tabs).  Did the work around again and it still does not show.  Help!!

BTW—not a new member—been a Platinum club member since it began and a customer since the Zygote days

Posted: 12 December 2012 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
RandWulf - 11 December 2012 10:59 PM

Did the work around—did not show up.  Uninstalled ity, re-installed it only it ony gets part way thru and says it can’t install the keymate.dll —says it is having a problem unpacking it

manually removed the dll from the plugins folder, reinstalled keymate and it still does not show in panes(tabs).  Did the work around again and it still does not show.  Help!!

BTW—not a new member—been a Platinum club member since it began and a customer since the Zygote days

I would try downloading the installer again(might have got corrupted), double checking 32 vs 64 bit.  If that does not work, PM me and we can setup a time to manually install the files.

Posted: 12 December 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi,

Uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times with the first download.  The re-downloaded it and tried to install again twice and it still won’t show.  Upgraded Daz Studio Pro to the latest release (4.5.1.6 I think) and tried again—same result—does not show in the panes (tabs) drop down.

Thanks so much for your help.  (PM doesn’t like your screen name)

Posted: 12 December 2012 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH

I forgot I had to look up and insert the serial number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Posted: 12 December 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1385
Joined  2003-10-09

My biggest problem with keyMate so far is I can’t even put it in my cart!

Anyone else having these issues still?

go Figure - I tried to PM you but apparently your display name is invalid :(

Cheers,

Cliff :(

Image Attachments
Maximumof2.png
 Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 12 December 2012 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7075
Joined  2005-08-15

That can happen when you have added something to the cart when you were not logged in, it has happened to me in the past.

Make sure you are logged in, add something else to your cart (anything), add KeyMate and it should work this time.  Delete the item you added at the beginning. 

That is the usual workaround I believe, see if it works for you.

Posted: 12 December 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1385
Joined  2003-10-09

Ah, many thanks - just adding an extra items caused what I had in the basket originally (including keyMate) to reappear :D

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 12 December 2012 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10

I will ask the DAZ guys to change my username so I can receive PMs.

Posted: 12 December 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  199
Joined  2006-09-05

I got it… WORKS GOOD!!!!!!!! <3

Signature 

http://mcmxc2.deviantart.com

Posted: 12 December 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2012-07-26

Thanks, this is great!  I’ve been avoiding custom animations in DS because the key framing was so limited. This is an essential tool for anyone doing custom animation in DS.  It really should be built in to the base install of DS.

Only a few complaints.  I just installed/activated KeyMate & aniMate2 and suddenly I’m having a lot of crashes when I delete a figure.  I will see if I can track down exactly what’s causing it.  KeyMate is missing some features that could really speed productivity:

1. When I have a key or keys selected I would like to be able to copy, paste, delete them with the standard hotkeys, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Delete, etc.

2. A right click menu for selected keys might be nice to copy, paste, delete, set interpolation etc.

3. I would like more control over interpolation: ease in, ease out, ease in & out, a curve editor.

4. I would like a fast way to view the currently selected node in the KeyMate List.  Right click to expand all, or match the scene tree expansion, or an optional to auto expand to selected.

It’s still a great product for the price and currently the best solution for custom animation in DS that I know of.  Hopefully I can figure out & minimize crashing and if those missing features could be added it would save even more time. 

Signature 

Swawa3D.com | email | twitter | YouTube animations
Galleries:  deviantART | facebook | Google+ | DAZ Gallery

Posted: 12 December 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
Swawa - 12 December 2012 12:33 PM

Thanks, this is great!  I’ve been avoiding custom animations in DS because the key framing was so limited. This is an essential tool for anyone doing custom animation in DS.  It really should be built in to the base install of DS.

Only a few complaints.  I just installed/activated KeyMate & aniMate2 and suddenly I’m having a lot of crashes when I delete a figure.  I will see if I can track down exactly what’s causing it.  KeyMate is missing some features that could really speed productivity:

1. When I have a key or keys selected I would like to be able to copy, paste, delete them with the standard hotkeys, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Delete, etc.

2. A right click menu for selected keys might be nice to copy, paste, delete, set interpolation etc.

3. I would like more control over interpolation: ease in, ease out, ease in & out, a curve editor.

4. I would like a fast way to view the currently selected node in the KeyMate List.  Right click to expand all, or match the scene tree expansion, or an optional to auto expand to selected.

It’s still a great product for the price and currently the best solution for custom animation in DS that I know of.  Hopefully I can figure out & minimize crashing and if those missing features could be added it would save even more time.

Thanks.  I appreciate the feedback. 

If you do Menu -> Window -> Workspace -> Customize -> find keyMate, you can setup hotkeys. Although you will probably want them to be something like Alt-C and Alt-V, as Ctr-C and Ctr-V are assigned to the viewport.

Please PM me any crash.  Crashing is unacceptable.

Posted: 12 December 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-26

Thanks for the quick response.  Setting up custom hotkeys helps a lot.

Do you think it’s possible that you will add more interpolation control and & tree expansion (auto, expand all & collapse all)?

The crashing happened a few times in the first 5 minutes or so but I’ve been at it for a while now & it has not happened since. If it continues I will look into it.  I did try and install aniMate2 when I should have just activated it so hope that did not mess anything up.

Signature 

Posted: 12 December 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
Swawa - 12 December 2012 02:06 PM

Thanks for the quick response.  Setting up custom hotkeys helps a lot.

Do you think it’s possible that you will add more interpolation control and & tree expansion (auto, expand all & collapse all)?

The crashing happened a few times in the first 5 minutes or so but I’ve been at it for a while now & it has not happened since. If it continues I will look into it.  I did try and install aniMate2 when I should have just activated it so hope that did not mess anything up.

I am certainly open to improving it, but I won’t be able to do much till mid January.

Posted: 12 December 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-26

I look forward to the updates.

It crashed again, 3rd or 4th time.  So far I think it only crashed when I deleted the genesis figure with keys framed on it.  It does not happen every time, trying to narrow it down.  I sent you a PM with the error report.  Not sure if it’s KeyMate, DS or something on my end.  Posting this info here to see if anyone else if having issues so we might be able to get to the bottom of it.  So far crashing seems isolated and avoidable.

Signature 

2 of 10