Digital Art Zone

10 of 10
keyMate - Commercial - Released
Posted: 20 December 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2008-04-10

Autofit crash bug is fixed and the installers are available in your daz accounts.  This bug may have also shown up during some parenting and unparenting operations.  Everyone who has version 1.0.0.4 for keyMate is urged to download keyMate from their account.  The new version is 1.0.0.5 .  You can check what version you have by doing Menu -> Help -> about plugins -> click on keyMate -> the version will show up below.

Posted: 22 December 2012 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2010-05-06

Are there tangent handles for manipulating the shape of the curve in the graph editor?

Cheers

SKA

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

there seems no handle, but can directly manipulate and move each key in graph editor.
then adjust curve. (sometimes may need apply more keys to get good curve)

with ctrl key r-drug . I can move and slide key to each time flame.
if do not use ctrl key, often the key set on middle of key frame, eg frame 10 and 11, (10.3 etc)^^;

and I think it may better to get key mate too,(not2 editted @@;) to select and adjust each value by graphe mate.

it can automatically change the graph when tweak controller on parameter tab,
but it seems little bit difficult when you change value of many controller, to clearly grab which you record or not,
and modify after you made keys.

if get key mate, I can check each value graph on graph mate,  by select property on key mate too.
may need caution,, not select the key on key mate. or not scene tab node.

hope,,I do not say mistake ^^;

Image Attachments
graphmate.JPG

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
skamotion - 22 December 2012 07:47 AM

Are there tangent handles for manipulating the shape of the curve in the graph editor?

Cheers

SKA

No, but there should not be as graphMate currently only works with TCB, Linear, and Constant interpolation types.  TCB automatically creates the tangents based on the TCB parameters(tension continuity and bias), so no tangent handles.

Studio actually does support one more interpolation type.  That type is called Hermite.  I intended to support this type in graphMate, but I got some really odd results.  Now that I have researched it more, Hermite should allow tangent handles.  If I can work out the some remaining oddities, expect to see this in a future release.

Posted: 22 December 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10

This is done by Dreamlight and just hit the DAZ Store.  It is free, but very well done.  It does not show keyMate or graphMate, but the concepts it teaches about animation in DAZ Studio would be helpful to anyone using keyMate or graphMate.
- http://www.daz3d.com/shop/great-art-now-bonus-animation-101

Posted: 23 December 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2007-04-05

Yeee ha, thank the heavens key frames in DS….....thank you.

A quick and messy test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qKNym4Wbv8

Signature 

http://laticis.deviantart.com/gallery/

Posted: 23 December 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2012-03-11

I want to note that keyMate will not update properly when you change object’s parent.  I had to reopen saved scene for the objects to be properly positioned/listed.

Other than that, keyMate is a must have for the animators.  You can easily discard zillion transform, scale, rotate, value for any object within seconds.  It’s something that DS doesn’t have that ability.

I will post my work as soon as it’s complete.  It’s a music video.  I bought so many creatures, characters, props and lights to put together.  Without keyMate, I will honestly give up after it gets messy with hundred keyframes.

Posted: 23 December 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2010-05-06

I intended to support this type in graphMate, but I got some really odd results.  Now that I have researched it more, Hermite should allow tangent handles.  If I can work out the some remaining oddities, expect to see this in a future release.

That would be awesome if there were tangent handles. Also is there a way to load in multiple curves in the graph editor, also we need the capability to copy and paste animation from one part of a curve onto another curve. Is that doable?

Here’s the same problem in Poser. This is how I animate using their graph editor and you can see it’s not a great way to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8mD8Yf7Qk

Cheers

SKA

Posted: 24 December 2012 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-05-25

Yes please, i only join above requests for updating graphmate!
tangent handles and a way to load in multiple curves in the graph editor + capability to copy and paste animation from one part of a curve onto another curve

Make animation options big in dazstudio.
it can be Animators dream Toy
tongue laugh

Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 24 December 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
KibbyCabbit - 23 December 2012 09:01 PM

I want to note that keyMate will not update properly when you change object’s parent.  I had to reopen saved scene for the objects to be properly positioned/listed.

Other than that, keyMate is a must have for the animators.  You can easily discard zillion transform, scale, rotate, value for any object within seconds.  It’s something that DS doesn’t have that ability.

I will post my work as soon as it’s complete.  It’s a music video.  I bought so many creatures, characters, props and lights to put together.  Without keyMate, I will honestly give up after it gets messy with hundred keyframes.

I can get the object thing fixed.  A simpler workaround would probably be to change the KeyTypes(TRSV drop down) to something else and then back.

Posted: 24 December 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
skamotion - 23 December 2012 09:46 PM

Also is there a way to load in multiple curves in the graph editor, also we need the capability to copy and paste animation from one part of a curve onto another curve. Is that doable

Multiple curves like shown in the image? On windows you hold down control to multiple select.  On mac, the Mac key.  In keyMate or Parameters Tab.

With a simple curve the copy and paste should always work, you should be able to copy the keys in graphMate, then select a different curve, position the playhead, and then paste.  When you select multiple curves and copy and then select a different set of multiple curves and paste, it tries to match them up automatically based on name.

Image Attachments
a.jpg

Posted: 24 December 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

my request for future update,,,

1 select option

when I click parameter label ,  the graph of the parameters will appear in graph mate. and select the property in key mate.
  and with ctrl key, and r-click , we can select and show different node parameter graph at same time,,,

it must be useful when serch property in key mate, now it select when I hover controller on parameter tab, but it change so quick.

2 when select property in key mate, extract and highlight the controller in parameter tab,,
(though it may need to change node in scene tab too,,,)

or I hope imput box which can set current value direct, etc beside key frame input box,,,
and select the key, I want to check the value,, on graph mate or key mate ^^

if there is imput box and property box , we may need not to serch controller and check the value in parameter tab again^^;

Posted: 24 December 2012 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2010-12-31
kitakoredaz - 24 December 2012 09:21 AM

my request for future update,,,

1 select option

when I click parameter label ,  the graph of the parameters will appear in graph mate. and select the property in key mate.
  and with ctrl key, and r-click , we can select and show different node parameter graph at same time,,,

it must be useful when serch property in key mate, now it select when I hover controller on parameter tab, but it change so quick.

2 when select property in key mate, extract and highlight the controller in parameter tab,,
(though it may need to change node in scene tab too,,,)

or I hope imput box which can set current value direct, etc beside key frame input box,,,
and select the key, I want to check the value,, on graph mate or key mate ^^

if there is imput box and property box , we may need not to serch controller and check the value in parameter tab again^^;

I am unsure this is what you want, but you can turn off the interaction between the Parameters Tab and graphMate in graphMate’s little option menu.

Posted: 25 December 2012 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

> Hi dtamm

Yes, I know these option. so I hope more one option, for select graph .^^

when selecit option “listen from parameter”,  it can not select morph “value” and “other node rotation” at same time, I think.
and I hope when I select (Click or ctrl + click the clontroller, the graph of each properties show in parameter.

now when I hover mouse in parameter tab,  can show graph of property in graph editor. and select the property in key mate. (TRSV)
I often use this to serch and select the property in key mate. it seems convinient,
but seems difficult to select some properties at same time, and keep the selection..

so I hope one more option, when I hove mouse in parameter tab, not change the graph, not select the property in key mate,
but click the parameter label or bar,  select the property in key mate ^^ (and shoe the graph in graph mate)
and hope “clear all selection” too,,

Posted: 14 January 2013 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2012-03-11

Is there a new version of keyMate that we should update?  There need to be a system that notify us of new updates.

10 of 10