Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2008-04-10

Master keyframe animation in DAZ Studio with keyMate
- http://www.daz3d.com/shop/keymate

Videos:
Getting started - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_knWUBOGk

——————————————————————
Autofit crash bug is fixed and the installers are available in your daz accounts.  This bug may have also shown up during some parenting and unparenting operations.  Everyone who has version 1.0.0.4 for keyMate is urged to download keyMate from their account.  The new version is 1.0.0.5 .  You can check what version you have by doing Menu -> Help -> about plugins -> click on keyMate -> the version will show up below.

———————————————————————
aniMate2 vs keyMate

aniMate is great for using pre-built motions called aniBlocks and putting them together to create an animated sequence.  aniMate also allows the user to easily edit and adjust existing aniBlocks.  It is NLA(Non Linear Animation) at its best!

Those who want to create animations from scratch will sometimes find themselves fighting against the complexities of aniBlocks.  For aniBlocks to work right, they have to be setup a certain way. This makes it easier for the users of aniMate, but can be quite complex when creating from scratch.

keyMate is a traditional animation solution especially useful for creating animation from scratch.  Visually copy, paste, move, and delete keys with great efficiency.  Easily do these things on an entire figure or a complete scene. Avoid all the busywork with this tool. Want to do a simple animation of the camera or lights and then adjust the timing? keyMate is the answer. 

———————————————————————-
Some frequently asked questions:

Does keyMate edit aniBlocks?

Not directly.  keyMate operates on the keys in DAZ Studio, sometimes referred to as Studio Keys.  aniMate allows the user to transfer aniBlock keys to Studio Keys and back again to create aniBlocks from Studio Keys.  keyMate’s strength is in creating animation from scratch and adjusting those animations.  Animations made from motion capture are usually best edited in aniMate.

I can already create, copy, paste, and delete keys in Studio, why would I want keyMate?

Studio lacks the ability to slide keys around which is especially useful for timing adjustments.  Although still possible without keyMate, copying, pasting, and deleting in a visual way is so much better.  keyMate also adds the ability to see and operate on an entire hierarchy of keys.

Can I adjust the tangents of keys? I am tired of overshoot.

Although, not currently providing a way to adjust the TCB(tension, continuity, bias) parameters of a key, keyMate does allow you to change the interpolation type to TCB, Linear, and Constant.  Overshoot is easily fixed by selecting the overshooting key and clicking the Linear button from the interpolation type menu.

What is TRSV?  Why is this an option?

TRSV stands for Translate, Rotate, Scale, Values.  Values means things like morph values, but not limited to just morphs. Think, any slider that can animate, is visible, and is not Translate, Rotate, or Scale.  This is an option for those who want to focus solely on motion.

Why provide a set key button since Studio auto keys?

Indeed this is true, if you grab and move the arm of a figure, keys are set on all nodes affected.  Yet, usually if you pose a character you did not adjust all the bones in the hierarchy.  When you get the pose just right, you usually want a key on all the nodes. So here is a simple rule, after getting that pose just right, double click on the figure and click the set key button.

——————————————————————————————————————

A few have reported not being able to find the keyMate pane in the list, Menu -> Window -> Panes(Tabs)

The workaround is to reset your workspace.
- Menu - > Window -> Workspace -> Select Layout -> when you see the dialog popup, select accept.

Then
- Menu -> Window -> Pane(Tabs) -> keyMate

Image Attachments
keyMate_Logo.png

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  681
Joined  2004-11-12

OH MY GOD FINALLY!
I’ve been wanting a Poser-esque keyframe editor in Daz Studio for absolutely YONKS.

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6438
Joined  2005-08-15

Just bought it myself, it looks very easy to use.

Posted: 11 December 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10

Not directly.  keyMate operates on the keys in DAZ Studio, sometimes referred to as Studio Keys.  aniMate allows the user to transfer aniBlock keys to Studio Keys and back again to create aniBlocks from Studio Keys.  keyMate’s strength is in creating animation from scratch and adjusting those animations.  Animations made from motion capture are usually best edited in aniMate.

I can already create, copy, paste, and delete keys in Studio, why would I want keyMate?

Studio lacks the ability to slide keys around which is especially useful for timing adjustments.  Although still possible without keyMate, copying, pasting, and deleting in a visual way is so much better.  keyMate also adds the ability to see and operate on an entire hierarchy of keys.

Although, not currently providing a way to adjust the TCB(tension, continuity, bias) parameters of a key, keyMate does allow you to change the interpolation type to TCB, Linear, and Constant.  Overshoot is easily fixed by selecting the overshooting key and clicking the Linear button from the interpolation type menu.

TRSV stands for Translate, Rotate, Scale, Values.  Values means things like morph values, but not limited to just morphs. Think, any slider that can animate, is visible, and is not Translate, Rotate, or Scale.  This is an option for those who want to focus solely on motion.

Indeed this is true, if you grab and move the arm of a figure, keys are set on all nodes affected.  Yet, usually if you pose a character you did not adjust all the bones in the hierarchy.  When you get the pose just right, you usually want a key on all the nodes. So here is a simple rule, after getting that pose just right, double click on the figure and click the set key button.

Posted: 11 December 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  2003-10-09

The shop don;t allow me to add it to my cart , it said only one allowed but my cart is empty .. can’t purchase it so what’s going on ?

Image Attachments
cart-problem.jpg
 Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 11 December 2012 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

agree with you, finally !!!

BishounenTaurus - 11 December 2012 10:17 AM

OH MY GOD FINALLY!
I’ve been wanting a Poser-esque keyframe editor in Daz Studio for absolutely YONKS.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 11 December 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2248
Joined  2012-02-04
Go Figure - 11 December 2012 01:42 PM

I’m confused by the KeyMate product image. It seems to be composed of the product images of two of the AniBlock products in the store, and yet it seems from this message that KeyMate does not work with AniBlocks. Is there some connection I’ve missed? Still trying to understand if there is any integration between these two GoFigure products.

Posted: 11 December 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02
Mec4D - 11 December 2012 02:30 PM

The shop don;t allow me to add it to my cart , it said only one allowed but my cart is empty .. can’t purchase it so what’s going on ?

I’ve seen others who’ve had this problem fix it by logging out, clearing out cookies, and then logging in again.  I think it’s a problem from logging into the forum before you go to the store. If you log in from the store pages it seems to work.

Posted: 11 December 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2009-02-04

This sounds intreasting, but im still a bit unclear on exactly what the product does. A demonstration video would be handy. smile

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 11 December 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25

still have these questions, can ‘t find this info…

why another daz timeline?

now we have 3 timelines in studio
basic timeline
animate timeline
and now keymate timeline.

can i move keyframes to another place in time on the timeline? or only delete and replace it..?
edited, find my answer…  need to learn and read better smile

is there motion tweening available between two keyframes?

what about curve control?

just wondering

Now we have something that looks more like a timeline, but still the problem of a none working IK/Fk setup in studio. blank stare
if daz can fix these in combination with working pin features + constraints,
the true power of keyframing really starts and make this tool very useful

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you it worked !

fivecat - 11 December 2012 02:45 PM
Mec4D - 11 December 2012 02:30 PM

I’ve seen others who’ve had this problem fix it by logging out, clearing out cookies, and then logging in again.  I think it’s a problem from logging into the forum before you go to the store. If you log in from the store pages it seems to work.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
Dogz - 11 December 2012 02:52 PM

This sounds intreasting, but im still a bit unclear on exactly what the product does. A demonstration video would be handy. smile

Here is a video. There is no sound and is rather blurred, but it does show
- selecting keys
- deleting keys
- sliding keys around
- copy and paste of keys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVqqAkepmT0

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  708
Joined  2012-07-21

Hmmm, I think this is the tool i’ve been looking for. In the cart it goes…

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2006-09-05

I’m going to take it!!!!

Signature 

http://mcmxc2.deviantart.com

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2011-03-26

I just purchased keyMate. The price is not a question so anything that offers some more options for DS to handle animations is a sure buy.
The installation process went without problems.

BUT:

Is there any “real” tutorial besides the readme file?

I checked the website:

http://www.gofigure3d.com/site/

On the website it still says “comming in december” and in the forum the post reads “stay tuned”.

I even checked the youtube channel were some useful videos for Animate2 were posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoFigure3D

- - -

Well its here now where are the tutorials?
Even if I am somewhat familiar with the idea of keyframing I would really appreciate video tutorials about

- the basic functionality
- advanced workflows

Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 11 December 2012 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2010-12-31

You are looking in the right spot.  Tutorials will be forthcoming.

1 of 10