Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Help me understand Genesis and content packs
Posted: 11 December 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12
bahramewe - 11 December 2012 06:53 PM

Thank you all for your input.  It seems you have a very friendly and helpful community here.

@sikeus
That’s right, I just need base shapes I can get into a sculpting program to minimize my workflow.  I do think the Evolution and Muscularity bundles would give me much greater control over the base to help minimize sculpting time.  And the Ethnicity bundle will allow me to get broad, generic racial features in place before sculpting unique features and detail.

Thanks for pointing out the Genesis Body Morph Resource Kits.  It look like those might give me greater control and reduce sculpting even further.  And the Genesis Head Morph Resource Kits seem useful as well.

As for DieTrying’s V4 Morphs for Genesis… does that require Victoria4 as well?  Between all the Genesis morph kits, I think I would be pretty well covered on variety, unless there’s something you think is unique about this addon?

As for GenX, I don’t care to use old gen4 content, so I’m guessing it doesn’t really apply to me.

!

The DieTrying morphs have been converted for Genesis, so you don’t need V4, just Genesis. And they’re free and quite good. They’re like the head and body morphing kits, but with different eye morphs, etc.

The purpose of GenX is to transfer shapes over to Genesis, which also includes facial expressions, which are morphs. (That was how DieTrying’s original morphs for V4 were transferred over to Genesis) So, for example,let’s say you see an awesome V4 Character whose shape you’d love to have. Like nifty elf ears, or something like that. Then GenX transfers that over to Genesis for you. Or maybe there’s a particularly natural smile you want from M4. So it’s all about transferring the shapes you want from previous generations. One that I’m keen to transfer is Aged for V4 and M4. If you ever do old people, then that would probably save you a lot of time.

Anyway, if you go that route, you do need the Gen4 base shapes and usually the morphs++ packages as a prerequisite in order to get GenX to transfer the shapes to Genesis. But you can get them (V4, A4, H4, and M4) for a fantastic deal in that book I mentioned.

And yes, by all means do come back in January and let us know what you’re making!

Posted: 11 December 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2012-02-12
wancow - 11 December 2012 06:57 PM

It’s just that on the FT bodies, they’re an annoyance when applying clothing… I almost always turn nipples off or at least way down when I have clothing on my figure that’ll be deformed by a nipple.

That’s what I do, too. smile

Posted: 11 December 2012 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-12-13
sikeus - 11 December 2012 07:37 PM

If you ever do old people, then that would probably save you a lot of time.

The only elderly addons I found were modifications to textures with displacement maps, but nothing that modified the actual geometry with sliders.  Things like saggy cheeks, double chins, etc.

Is there anything like that?

Posted: 12 December 2012 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  187
Joined  2012-02-05

sorry to butt in but what is FT body? (i am a newbie)

Posted: 12 December 2012 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1633
Joined  2005-12-31

I think FT is Feminine Touch for Genesis.

Posted: 12 December 2012 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  187
Joined  2012-02-05

Thank you Khory, i´m not very good on the abbreviations used yet.

Posted: 12 December 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-31

hermana5 I have been doing this about 7 years and regularly don’t understand the abbreviation!

Posted: 12 December 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10
hermana5 - 12 December 2012 09:05 AM

Thank you Khory, i´m not very good on the abbreviations used yet.

Sorry, I was being lazy, that’s why I abriviated smile

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/feminine-touch-for-genesis

Don’t get me wrong, I love the body morphs, but the nipple is an annoyance.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 12 December 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-31

I considered resisting..

but the nipple is an annoyance.

...that’s what she said.

Posted: 12 December 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10

Shoot… every time I import the mesh into Hex and activate the displacement brush… Hex crashes… grrrrr…

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

Posted: 12 December 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2010-12-13

I keep getting emails that someone responded to my thread only to find out it’s a completely different discussion about nipples.

Maybe if someone started a new Nipple thread, that specific issue might be better addressed by the community.

Posted: 12 December 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10
bahramewe - 12 December 2012 10:51 AM

I keep getting emails that someone responded to my thread only to find out it’s a completely different discussion about nipples.

Maybe if someone started a new Nipple thread, that specific issue might be better addressed by the community.

Specifically, we were discussing one of the issues with the Feminine Touch product, which was in your original post.  So our discussion is on topic.  I’m sorry it annoyed you.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

Posted: 12 December 2012 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2010-12-13

Hey, I’m new, so if that’s normal procedure around here, please accept my apologies.  In every other forum I’ve been on, this would all be off-topic since it’s turned into a discussion about how to manage nipples in a very specific addon which has little to do with my original post.

It would have been a better solution for me to not have said anything and simply turned off email alerts.  So, please continue.

Posted: 12 December 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10

It’s not an issue, truly.  However I thought people should be aware of that particular issue with that particular product.  Nipples deform a mesh quite a bit, unnaturally I think.  Making it difficult to turn them off is bothersome, and I figured you should be aware of that issue.

But let me ask you this; what kinds of things do you want to create and/or accomplish with DS?

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

Posted: 12 December 2012 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3338
Joined  2012-02-06
bahramewe - 11 December 2012 11:50 PM
sikeus - 11 December 2012 07:37 PM

If you ever do old people, then that would probably save you a lot of time.

The only elderly addons I found were modifications to textures with displacement maps, but nothing that modified the actual geometry with sliders.  Things like saggy cheeks, double chins, etc.

Is there anything like that?

There is FaceWeight: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/faceweight-for-genesis/95504
And the same person who made it has created an Aging for Genesis product, which will hopefully be available soon…see this thread for details: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/11534/

There’s also an Aged morph in the free DieTrying set mentioned previously.

Oh…one more thing…
When you buy all this stuff, you may wind up actually spending less if you:
- Purchase a monthly Platinum Club membership
- Add the daily Snowball Savings item to your cart as well

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

2 of 3