Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
BishyT’s 3D sketchbook… (Current: Vocaloid SeeU Outfit)
Posted: 15 December 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4411
Joined  2004-08-11
BishounenTaurus - 15 December 2012 11:35 AM

That’s the transpose tool. Basically, you know where you click the “Edit” button before you start sculpting? Right next to that is Draw (the one you normally use), Move, Scale, and Rotate.

http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Transpose:_Moving_a_Model
http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Transpose:_Scaling_a_Model
http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Transpose:_Rotating_a_Model

The thing is, when you go back into Daz and use the “Adjust Rigging to Shape” setting, it NEVER adjusts the eye bones perfectly. It’ll be close, but you nearly always have to make slight adjustments with the joint editor.

Now, with most of my headmorphs I could get away with not doing that (it was hard to notice), but with that last one I did (where he has really large eyeballs as well as really open eyes) the problems became much more noticeable. On top of that, he’s the only head morph i’ve done so far where i’ll have to make correction morphs for the “Top Eyelids Down” morph (again, due to the really exaggerated eye shape). It might’ve been better if I had started with Hiro5’s head rather than Michael 5’s, but hey, coulda woulda shoulda.

Thanks for the info.  Remember the PAB Fuzzy I worked on?  That was made way before any of the Toon morphs debuted so it was from scratch.  Was not easy.  I ended up loosing the symmetry and had another member here that had a script to fix the symmetry for me work his magic.  Still have the files but with my shoulder and still waiting on the “Look at my Hair” plugin to hit the market it got shelved.  So I totally get the frustration on making large eyeball morphs.  I had to make custom blink morphs for the morph as the ones from DAZ just did NOT cut it, not even close!  gulp

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 15 December 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  676
Joined  2004-11-12

What about the garibaldi hair plugin? That one has a public beta you could try.

Posted: 15 December 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Can’t.  The shoulder is very painful when I spend too much time on the computer.  Even moved the keyboard and mouse “shelf” closer to my body but still hurts after a short while.  So very limited time “playing” right now…. no work either.  *moths fly out of wallet*

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 16 December 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12

So I had another try at a BelBel style morph for Hitomi. It came out a lot better this time. I made a correction morph for “Mouth Corner Up - Down” so that it gives you a BelBel style smile. Might make another so it can give her a BelBel style Frown too.

Just so you know, I just scaled the eyes on the x-axis to make them look thinner. This kinda screws up the “look up and down” motion.

Image Attachments
BellaReduxTest1.pngBellaReduxTest2.png

Posted: 16 December 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10546
Joined  2007-11-06

...excellent work.  Someday I hope I can afford software like ZBrush.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 17 December 2012 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2007-12-25

Your latest is definitely cute, but I think your earlier attempts looked more like the style I was expecting.

Possibly “mouth corners down” on this figure should primarily reduce the size of the mouth….

I’ve been experimenting with manipulating the eye socket shape, but only scaling the eyeball itself uniformly.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 17 December 2012 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1573
Joined  2005-02-25

Oh gosh I love all these SO much and i adore BOTH of yoru belbel inspired morphs (wanna tackle anime doll next? hehehehe)

Will you be able to share any of these?? they are FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Posted: 17 December 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12
zigraphix - 17 December 2012 06:36 AM

Your latest is definitely cute, but I think your earlier attempts looked more like the style I was expecting.

Possibly “mouth corners down” on this figure should primarily reduce the size of the mouth….

I’ve been experimenting with manipulating the eye socket shape, but only scaling the eyeball itself uniformly.

The thing is, in terms of shape, this latest one is much more accurate to BelBel than my last two. Also, there are already morphs in the Evolution bundle for scaling the mouth. smile

Posted: 17 December 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-25

I believe you—I’m not quite sure what’s triggering that reaction in me. Maybe it’s just the hair. wink

Anime Doll would definitely be a good look to try for. smile I always thought she looked more like the Rumiko Takahashi characters—another set of favorites. :D

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 17 December 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12

I’ll post a side by side later, using belbel’s hair. In hindsight she might resemble chibi bel more, but you could make her face longer with an evo morph. smile

Posted: 17 December 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12

Alright, when I actually place her next to BelBel, she really doesn’t look that much like her. D:

The eyes are more accurate than the first version (on the left), but the face shape is still wrong. This should be easy to fix with a “bella classic” morph.

Image Attachments
BellaCompare2.png

Posted: 17 December 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

BelBel has her chin flowing into more of a rounded point, going from the jaw line to the chin I mean.  Her eyes are actually NOT that big, just toonish.  I like your lips better, BelBels lips were always too thin for my taste.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 17 December 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3309
Joined  2009-08-05

This thread is cool. Love those figure renders, specially the guys.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 17 December 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-25
RAMWolff - 17 December 2012 12:29 PM

BelBel has her chin flowing into more of a rounded point, going from the jaw line to the chin I mean.  Her eyes are actually NOT that big, just toonish.  I like your lips better, BelBels lips were always too thin for my taste.

Yeah, but BelBel’s lips are meant to look like this:

Image Attachments
calm.jpgsmiling.jpgangry.jpgupset.jpg
 Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 17 December 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12

Here’s my first attempt at a Bella “Classic” morph. The lips are actually thicker than what they are in this render, but it’s easier to have thick lips and make them thinner with an Evo morph than the opposite.

The “classic” morph goes on top of the Bella morph, which in turn goes over Hitomi.

The eyes need fixing. It’s difficult, as BelBel’s eyes aren’t spherical like human eyes, they’re flat. To get this absolutely spot on would require a new mesh dedicated to this type of character (just as BelBel was a new mesh instead of an A3 morph). The best I can do is a close approximation.

The nose also needs smoothing.

Image Attachments
BellaClassicTest.png

2 of 3