Nice renders Bluebird
I’m putting The Locker Room in my cart and I was wondering what lighting you used in the promos? They look fantastic
Lets see.. the lighting changes a little depending on which render but in general the idea is:
- HDRI Map - An exceptionally bright one with lots of white bounce. I used a snow scene for these renders.
- Directional light acting as sun going through one set of windows.
- Point light behind the camera and to the right or left side of it, typically in the opposite direction of my directional light, set to about 25 watts and positioned to pool softly near the floor and about 2/3rds up the wall to aid global illumination and make the red bleed/glow subtly.
- Area light emitters on the light tube geometry set to about 100 watts.
And then I used a camera with:
- A wider lens view - somewhere around 45 - 50
- f-stop of 2.8
- Shutter speed of probably around 1/50 or 1/60 but I can’t remember now
I either used Octane or Maxwell render for these. I can’t remember which. Its been done for months. Octane has a Studio plugin to convert the materials. Both programs have great global illumination results. You can get the same exact effects in LuxRender with the Luxus plugin.
If I used Studio for this then I would have added two more point lights to the above set up with red sampled from the locker paint and set low to scatter along the same lockers to achieve that subtle glow effect from sun bounce. I would have also used UberEnvironment with a maximum trace distance setting of around 50 with a mid grey set as the color or the render would be too dark in Studio.
So there you have it. This is probably way more of an answer than you expected but I wanted to be complete. It turns out it wasn’t a quick reply. LOL - I hope you don’t mind.