Digital Art Zone

Minimizing DS automatically?
Posted: 08 December 2012 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1677
Joined  2006-09-09

I’m not sure how to describe this correctly, so please let me know if I’m garbled and not making sense.

On my other laptop, when I hit “render” in DS, the actual render window would automatically come up in FRONT of DS and start rendering. On my new laptop, with a complete clean install of DS, the actual render window opens UNDER the DS program, so I have to minimize DS to see it.

Also, if I have DS open, on my other laptop, I could hit a button from the taskbar - like for instance my browser which was minimized - and DS would automatically minimize and the other program would open. However on the new laptop, that doesn’t happen. I have to actually manually minimize DS and THEN open up the other program from the taskbar.

Does this make sense?

I have a very vague recollection of once upon a time, doing something to DS so it would automatically minimize when I click on another program that is minimized in the taskbar, but i cannot recall what I did.

Can anyone help?

Running Win 7 pro 64bit if that helps.

Posted: 08 December 2012 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15684
Joined  2003-10-09

New system is behaving oddly - click the taskbar button to minimise is a Windows standard 9assuming the application has focus - if the problem is that it’s losing it somehow then the first click will give it focus and a second should minimise it).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 08 December 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7076
Joined  2005-08-15

I had to search a bit to find this, but if you go to the Window menu, there is an ‘Always on Top’ option which appears to be off by default.  I checked the box, and I was not able to acess my taskbar which is set to autohide.  When I unchecked it again, things were back to normal.

You could see if that has anything to do with your problem?

Posted: 08 December 2012 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09

nope, second click doesn’t. However, if I click on the DS icon in the taskbar while it’s running, it will minimize itself and show the desktop.

Posted: 08 December 2012 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09

....and if my browser is full screen and i’m browsing the net, if i click on the browser button in the taskbar it automatically minimizes and shows the desktop. But DS doesn’t do that.

Posted: 08 December 2012 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09
JimmyC_2009 - 08 December 2012 05:53 AM

I had to search a bit to find this, but if you go to the Window menu, there is an ‘Always on Top’ option which appears to be off by default.  I checked the box, and I was not able to acess my taskbar which is set to autohide.  When I unchecked it again, things were back to normal.

You could see if that has anything to do with your problem?

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as soon as i unchecked that, DS will minimize as soon as I hit the button in the taskbar, AND the render window comes up.

Thank you JimmyC, you’re a freakin’ genius!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*

Posted: 08 December 2012 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7076
Joined  2005-08-15

Aw Shucks red face

Glad it’s fixed, these things can be really annoying.

Posted: 08 December 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09

LOL yes they are. Especially when you know it didn’t do that before, and you’re tearing your hair out trying to figure it out.

It’s a brand new install of DS, so I spent DAYS trying to get my layout/UI the way I had it before, and now I’m trying to figure out optimal render settings, PLUS resetting and redownloading and reinstalling all my content. *dies*