Digital Art Zone

How do I import Poser content?
Posted: 07 December 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2005-10-15

Hi.  I’m a newbie here and recently installed DAZ3D 4.5.  I started to install a Poser trial a couple months back, but got derailed by hard drive problems.  On solving them, I got notice of a Black Friday Poser 9 sale for $69, and went for it.  However, the content I installed with it isn’t showing in DAZ.

I tried adding the Poser content directory under Prefs and went to the directory just above the runtime directory, but noluck.  Both the DAZ and Poser directories are in a separate partition from the operating system, which doesn’t seem to bother either program.

I would greatly appreciate assistance.

Thanks,

CyraNose

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  2007-11-06

In DS can you go to “Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager”, expand the “Poser Formats” section, and post a screenshot?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 08 December 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2408
Joined  2003-12-06
CyraNose - 07 December 2012 07:19 PM

I tried adding the Poser content directory under Prefs and went to the directory just above the runtime directory, but noluck.

That might happen if you set the new content location defining it as D|S content. You must define it as Poser content, otherwise you won’t be able to see any Poser items in that location.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.