Digital Art Zone

4 of 5
Satsuki for…
Posted: 10 December 2012 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08

In my latest attempt at rendering Black Alice I used Satsuki’s body morph — I like how versatile this is with the multiple morphs.

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMPLarger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Test of Time

Image Attachments
BlackAlice-TestOfTime-x2000.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 10 December 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1472
Joined  2003-10-09

Hey looky! Thorne’s got a new A4 character at 50% off.  Nothing like Satsuki but very pretty nonetheless: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/barliecorn-for-aiko-4  and includes a 50% bonus sale on older Thorne characters.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 10 December 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

That’s cool, Kickair, I like the portal effect!

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 11 December 2012 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2308
Joined  2005-09-05
Canary3d - 10 December 2012 10:49 AM

Hey looky! Thorne’s got a new A4 character at 50% off.  Nothing like Satsuki but very pretty nonetheless: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/barliecorn-for-aiko-4  and includes a 50% bonus sale on older Thorne characters.

lol…I would like this character for Genesis! I did buy it though just to get the 50% off and bought all the resource packs from them. I suppose as I’ve bought Gen X I really should work out how to use it!

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Gen X is amazing and makes it totally worth your money to keep buying Gen 4 and Gen 3 characters even if you only ever use Genesis! It takes some noodling to get used to but it’s worth the effort. Being able to do mix-n-match with old favorite characters is really fun.

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  675
Joined  2009-02-04

After getting the hang of Genesis and its capabilities, It soon became apparent that I was never going to be touching Gen 4 or Gen 3 again. For me It would be like going back to VHS after getting used to DVD & BluRay.
I like progress and I want to embrace it where ever I reasonably can smile

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 11 December 2012 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  920
Joined  2005-11-06
Dogz - 11 December 2012 05:47 AM

After getting the hang of Genesis and its capabilities, It soon became apparent that I was never going to be touching Gen 4 or Gen 3 again. For me It would be like going back to VHS after getting used to DVD & BluRay.
I like progress and I want to embrace it where ever I reasonably can smile

But the great thing about using genesis and GenX is it is like being able to digitally remaster all your VHS goodies and burn them onto BluRay, so many amazing options for genesis including gen 3 and gen 4 clothing.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 11 December 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-02-04

The main interest I have in Barliecorn is the ear morphs, as there are quite a few variations and not ones you see in the typical “includes elf ear morph” that most fantasy characters come with.  However, even with discount, I skipped it since it was a V4 product; it’s Genesis that I could really use the ear morphs for.  And while GenX is a nice tool, I don’t own it and never will.  I would rather support actual Genesis content when I am making purchasing decisions.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 11 December 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2011-02-10
Canary3d - 10 December 2012 10:37 AM

If you’ve only been using Poser for a year you might be surprised at how many gorgeous characters from Thorne & Sarsa are available for V4 - I have a huge heap of them, as well as a lot of their A3 characters, since she’s my favorite figure.  So if you’re not ready to take the plunge with Genesis you might want to look through their catalog and see if there’s another character who would like to join your runtime, as sort of a consolation buy smile

Thank you Canary3d, of course I don’t have all of them, but I’ve got quite a bunch already smile , and catching up when I can.

Just looking at Barliecorn as I type, would have preferred Satsuki, ideally, but it’s so cute that it will go to my cart before tonight…

Posted: 11 December 2012 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-10

Ok, have to admit Barlie was a little bit more than just a “consolation buy” smile ... here is a quick test portrait. (my Poser had a strange 1DmkIII-style backfocus tonight, doesn’t usually happen…).

Image Attachments
Barlie-portrait.jpg

Posted: 12 December 2012 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
cwichura - 11 December 2012 09:22 AM

The main interest I have in Barliecorn is the ear morphs, as there are quite a few variations and not ones you see in the typical “includes elf ear morph” that most fantasy characters come with.  However, even with discount, I skipped it since it was a V4 product; it’s Genesis that I could really use the ear morphs for.  And while GenX is a nice tool, I don’t own it and never will.  I would rather support actual Genesis content when I am making purchasing decisions.

This is normally my point of view also…however as I didn’t have the resource packs for genesis it was worth investing $7 to get them all at half price.

I do own Gen X I bought it to convert stuff I owned pre genesis but havent had the time to touch it yet!

Canary, I must admit to feeling trepidation in using Gen X which is why I’ve put it off…      : (

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 December 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-10

Here is another one, here with a little friend smile , isn’t Barlie one of the most cute, if not the most cute, char Thorne has ever released ?

Image Attachments
Barliecorn.jpg

Posted: 13 December 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1779
Joined  2009-08-08
Pendraia - 12 December 2012 01:03 AM

This is normally my point of view also…however as I didn’t have the resource packs for genesis it was worth investing $7 to get them all at half price.

I do own Gen X I bought it to convert stuff I owned pre genesis but havent had the time to touch it yet!

Canary, I must admit to feeling trepidation in using Gen X which is why I’ve put it off…      : (

I’ve been wrestling with it. Half the time things seem to come in without much of a hitch, although it’s frustrating when you bring in something and one element comes in too strong, so you never can use it at full strength.

And then you’ll hit a run of things that claim that there isn’t a morph to import. Which means you have to try some hidden controls to see if that gets them into service.

And sometimes you’ll get the morph, but it brings in scaling that you have to go and undo whenever you try to apply it.

It’s still vastly better to have than to not have. And I’m finding that I really like to have expressions on dials rather than just on/off switches as they come in the packages.

Posted: 13 December 2012 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
JOdel - 13 December 2012 06:17 PM
Pendraia - 12 December 2012 01:03 AM

I’ve been wrestling with it. Half the time things seem to come in without much of a hitch, although it’s frustrating when you bring in something and one element comes in too strong, so you never can use it at full strength.

And then you’ll hit a run of things that claim that there isn’t a morph to import. Which means you have to try some hidden controls to see if that gets them into service.

And sometimes you’ll get the morph, but it brings in scaling that you have to go and undo whenever you try to apply it.

It’s still vastly better to have than to not have. And I’m finding that I really like to have expressions on dials rather than just on/off switches as they come in the packages.

Jodel, could you please point me towards a good tutorial for beginners?

Thanks

Pen

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 13 December 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1779
Joined  2009-08-08

Well there’s the basic one over in the thread. Otherwise I just had to ask questions and wait for answers. The developer is very good at respinding to questions.

My own work is far from expert, but I am managing to bring a lot of the things in that I want to use. I’d a dozen or so characters built in Gen 4 that I needed to port over for future projects, and finally managed it. Plus a lot of stuff like RawArt’s K4 morphs, and what all.

4 of 5