Digital Art Zone

1 of 5
Satsuki for…
Posted: 07 December 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2011-02-10

Genesis only shut eye , now I hate Genesis forever…

I’m saving money, but I’m mad, too.

Posted: 07 December 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2011-08-27

Gollum: Genesis only? Genesis only? Arrgh! Gollum! We hates Daz!

Smeagol: But Daz is our friend. Daz would never-

Gollum: Daz is trickesy. So very tricksy. They seduces us with their sales, Makes us spend our discretionary income. Then, right before Christmas, they comes out with Satsuki. Satsuki! Even lovelier than Ksenia she is. And she’s Genesis only!

Smeagol: Perhaps we could trade the ring for her?

Gollum: My precious? (Glances between ring and Satsuki store page several times.) Gollum! We hates Daz…forever!

Posted: 07 December 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  270
Joined  2012-02-12
AndYourLittleDogToo - 07 December 2012 02:21 PM

Gollum: Genesis only? Genesis only? Arrgh! Gollum! We hates Daz!

Smeagol: But Daz is our friend. Daz would never-

Gollum: Daz is trickesy. So very tricksy. They seduces us with their sales, Makes us spend our discretionary income. Then, right before Christmas, they comes out with Satsuki. Satsuki! Even lovelier than Ksenia she is. And she’s Genesis only!

Smeagol: Perhaps we could trade the ring for her?

Gollum: My precious? (Glances between ring and Satsuki store page several times.) Gollum! We hates Daz…forever!

lol, that’s hysterically funny! LOL

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1827
Joined  2008-05-31

Are there any alternative eyelash mats for Satsuki? The lower ones are way too long IMO, spoils an otherwise great character.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  921
Joined  2005-11-06
navibass - 07 December 2012 11:25 AM

Just install the free DS4.5 and you are set. No reason you can’t use more than one figure.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 08 December 2012 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3034
Joined  2004-04-14
Taozen - 07 December 2012 11:18 PM

Are there any alternative eyelash mats for Satsuki? The lower ones are way too long IMO, spoils an otherwise great character.

YOu can always use a different eyelash transmap from another character.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 08 December 2012 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3098
Joined  2009-02-24

Part of me wishes I hadn’t seen this thread. I did a search for Satsuki on the store and simply HAD to add her to my runtime. She’s adorable! As for those sitting on the fence about Genesis, shame on you. Life is so much easier when one outfit fits all!

Speaking of which, does anyone know what outfit Satsuki is wearing in the promo image?
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/satsuki-for-genesis

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2012-04-14

Looks like Katya
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/daz-originals-clothing-accessories/katya

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-24

It most certainly does! Thanks for the link. I spent the last 20 minutes trying to find it and failing. Here’s a quick render of Satsuki using Lux. She’s quite a beauty.

Image Attachments
Satsuki.png
 Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt

Posted: 08 December 2012 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1742
Joined  2012-04-14

She’s gorgeous and what a gorgeous render.

Posted: 08 December 2012 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-24

Thanks, though the render has only been baking for a short time so it’s still a bit fuzzy. I’m still rendering a big project at the moment, so most of my render time is devoted to that rather than my new toys :D

Still, the upside of working with Lux is I can use Daz in the background without upsetting the render since its an external program. Right now I’m playing with mixing Satsuki’s morphs with other Genesis characters to see what other pretty combinations I can come up with. I don’t want to flood the forum with images, but I do have a younger Satsuki rendering in Lux right now. It’s always fun to experiment.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt

Posted: 08 December 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1035
Joined  2012-02-04
HeraldOfFire - 08 December 2012 03:56 AM

It most certainly does! Thanks for the link. I spent the last 20 minutes trying to find it and failing. Here’s a quick render of Satsuki using Lux. She’s quite a beauty.

Keep in mind that Satsuki uses the HSS in DAZ, which Reality does a poor job of converting to Lux material definition.  At a minimum, turn off the top coat option it sets on all the surfaces.

Along the comment on the eyelashes, I also replaced the iris and pupil texture maps with ones from from another character, since the Satsuki eyes commit the cardinal sin of having baked-in reflections.  That might be acceptable for 3Delight renders, but it makes them unusable in LuxRender.

The skin is also a V4 UV, so those complaining that she’s for Genesis, if you only want the skin, you can still use that easily enough.  But that’d be kind of a waste in my opinion, as she’s great morph material for Genesis.  I went to bed at 3AM last night after spending hours designing a new character+kitbash’d outfit around her.  Time flies when you’re having fun.  She really is quite compelling.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2011-02-10

Ok, now for people trying to help,

FSMCDesigns - 07 December 2012 11:26 PM
navibass - 07 December 2012 11:25 AM

Just install the free DS4.5 and you are set. No reason you can’t use more than one figure.

Thank you for the tip, yes I’ve got Ds4.5 indeed, but I don’t use it, using Poser 9; I think there should be a V4 body and head shape in the first place, as she is still the figure most people are using (except on this forum it seems). This is most likely possible with V4 and A4 morphs, so I’m not sure why Thorne and Sarsa did this rolleyes

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-24
cwichura - 08 December 2012 12:18 PM
HeraldOfFire - 08 December 2012 03:56 AM

Keep in mind that Satsuki uses the HSS in DAZ, which Reality does a poor job of converting to Lux material definition.  At a minimum, turn off the top coat option it sets on all the surfaces.

Along the comment on the eyelashes, I also replaced the iris and pupil texture maps with ones from from another character, since the Satsuki eyes commit the cardinal sin of having baked-in reflections.  That might be acceptable for 3Delight renders, but it makes them unusable in LuxRender.

The skin is also a V4 UV, so those complaining that she’s for Genesis, if you only want the skin, you can still use that easily enough.  But that’d be kind of a waste in my opinion, as she’s great morph material for Genesis.  I went to bed at 3AM last night after spending hours designing a new character+kitbash’d outfit around her.  Time flies when you’re having fun.  She really is quite compelling.

Thanks for the tips. I’m still fairly new to Reality 2, so I’m still getting to grips with how the new materials work. Took me a while to figure out why some of my characters had pitch black eyes. It was like staring into the abyss!

navibass - 08 December 2012 01:20 PM

Thank you for the tip, yes I’ve got Ds4.5 indeed, but I don’t use it, using Poser 9; I think there should be a V4 body and head shape in the first place, as she is still the figure most people are using (except on this forum it seems). This is most likely possible with V4 and A4 morphs, so I’m not sure why Thorne and Sarsa did this rolleyes

I’m curious as to why you installed Daz if you didn’t intend to use it, but I digress. As much as you probably don’t want to hear it, Genesis has significant compatibility with other characters via the autofit feature. Perhaps they didn’t include V4 as standard because Genesis takes full advantage of the ability to mix and match morphs, giving you greater control over your creativity. There is still an Aiko and V4 morph available for Genesis, should you decide you prefer it and since you’re using Poser 9, you can still import Genesis characters to Poser as well.

There’s no reason you can’t have your cake and eat it. smile

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2673
Joined  2011-12-10
navibass - 08 December 2012 01:20 PM

I think there should be a V4 body and head shape in the first place, as she is still the figure most people are using (except on this forum it seems).

here you go:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-24