Digital Art Zone

4 of 7
Help with creating clothes for Genesis…. steps involved?
Posted: 14 December 2012 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4922
Joined  2009-02-26

Lol Thanks Dogz! The straps and clips just bug me that they like to reshape when a character is dialed. Would be nice if you could tell daz “Don’t re-shape these polygons” lol

I’m thinking M5 definitely needs a custom FBM, but you’re right, I shouldn’t be too much a perfectionist, else, I’ll never finish it.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 14 December 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  583
Joined  2009-02-04
Spyro - 14 December 2012 05:51 AM

Lol Thanks Dogz! The straps and clips just bug me that they like to reshape when a character is dialed. Would be nice if you could tell daz “Don’t re-shape these polygons” lol.

Daz Studio can do this via ‘Ridgidity maps’ - But i dont know if its really worth the time and effort. Ive personally not got them to work, the daz docs tutorial on them is a bit confusing, i followed all the steps as best i could and got no joy, the geometry still warped on me.
I made a thread on it (at the time) in nuts and bolts - but no one could offer me any suggestion as to where I was going wrong.
Off hand, I dont know of another PA who has got them working, nor can i think of a product ive bought where the vendor has noticably used them.

So all things considered, it seemed like too much effort for too little reward.
I guess you can look in to it if you really want to go that extra mile, you may well be able figure out what i could not.

What was the deal with mesh smoothing on you pants?

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 14 December 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Dogz - 14 December 2012 05:46 AM

Oh .. hang one second! I might have spokent oo soon.
Are you using mesh smoothing modifier in DS and if so what is the iteration setting?
If that is 0-5 iterations you are fine. but if its 10+ then you need to see how it looks with mesh smoothing down to 2. Or if you intend to make its DSON ready, you should see how it looks with mesh smoothing turned off.
then decide what to do with custom FBMs based on that

Sorry, I missed this post…

Pants uses smoothing iterations at default “2” It’s not necessary to go higher than the default.

It is sub divided, and was designed for use of subD at “1” Iteration. At base resolution, there is surface smoothing issues at the fly (Pure cosmetic, I’m not talking about not geometry smoothing)

(With DSON, I was under the impression Daz handled DSON, am I wrong? All the same with Mac compatibility… I dont have a Mac, and no way I could know for sure how to make it Mac)

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1613
Joined  2008-11-10
Spyro - 14 December 2012 05:51 AM

Lol Thanks Dogz! The straps and clips just bug me that they like to reshape when a character is dialed. Would be nice if you could tell daz “Don’t re-shape these polygons” lol

I’m thinking M5 definitely needs a custom FBM, but you’re right, I shouldn’t be too much a perfectionist, else, I’ll never finish it.

The pants are coming along pretty good. And yeah you probably need to do a FBM for M5 and M5 hero before anything else. The genesis base shapes and those shapes that in that same shape range, aren’t much of a problem. When you start getting into more detailed and extreme shapes is when you’ll need the FBMs. Also the Freak 4 shape would need one as well. Shoes would definitely need a M5 FBM as those toes will really pull at the mesh because of the detail.

Posted: 14 December 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Yeah, Freak 4 comes close to destroying my model LOL

So, my priority FBM’s should be:
Michael5
Michael5 Hero
Freak4
Michael4 (Genesis) ?

Ones that show minimal distortion are smaller characters and Basic Male.

The overall outfit isn’t really a female design, so I’m not sure if it’s worth it… V5, V5 Supermodel, S5, S5’s base shapes, V4 genesis, would all need FBM’s to work.

Hiro 5, is kinda like F4 in regards to distortion, largely due to his rather exaggerated stature and slimness. I’m hesitant to prioritize him.

@Dogz - I did a quick test with no smoothing, and other than a minor poke through, (A mistake I made in Max) it seems to work fine, with exception of non smoothed poses as the weight maps seem to work much better with at least smoothing set to 1.

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Also @Dogz - I do like the idea of adding the straps to the FBM’s that don’t have straps. The actual pants seem ok with the FBMs, its the straps and buckles that are the obvious distortions.

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  583
Joined  2009-02-04
Spyro - 14 December 2012 06:52 AM

(With DSON, I was under the impression Daz handled DSON, am I wrong?

Im afraid so, you must do it your self - I have a thread in the PA section on how to do it.

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 14 December 2012 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Oh I see, ‘PA section’ Are you talking Published Artist forum? I not a published artist, least not yet, thus far I’ve only released freebies on Share CG. (My work has been previously focused on props until now) You dont happen to have it in nuts and bolts as well by any chance? There’s soooo much to learn with clothing smile

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  0

There is a rigidity map tutorial by Smay on Youtube. He used rigidity on a shoulder holster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUg0Q1KiqiU

Posted: 14 December 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Thanks Graham ! Wish it was easier to keep up with LMAO. Seems rather similar in respect with Weight mapping. Ideal with the buckles. Though FBM’s will still needed for the straps (I will need to read up on it all). The muscle tone and shapes are heavily impacting the straps, the outer face of the straps is fine with the default FBM’s, but the straps width is being stretched with a jiggered edge, especially on the back of the thighs.

Thanks very much for the link cheese

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2013 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-05-25
DaremoK3 - 07 December 2012 12:03 PM

Yes, it is a shame that a lot of pertinent information is still missing after all this time…

yes, unthinkable shut eye

Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 02 February 2013 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2006-01-03

Speaking of missing pertinent information…is there a quick rundown (somewhere) on the daz to hexagon bridge? I’ve found everything BUT that.

Signature 

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

My Daz Gallery
My DeviantArt Gallery.

Posted: 02 February 2013 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Madbat - 02 February 2013 09:27 PM

Speaking of missing pertinent information…is there a quick rundown (somewhere) on the daz to hexagon bridge? I’ve found everything BUT that.

what are you asking for in particular? it’s fairly straight forward… Hit the send to hexagon button from daz, hit the send to daz from hexagon button….

If you want to make morphs don’t change the vertex order or vertex count when you manipulate in hexagon.

if you are making custom pieces in hexagon that obviously has no bearing. If you roll through the first few pages of this thread you probably will find what you are looking for. But the bridge is straight forward, what you send from daz goes to hexagon, and vice versa.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 02 February 2013 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  254
Joined  2006-01-03

I didn’t expect it to be that simple, thanks!

Signature 

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

My Daz Gallery
My DeviantArt Gallery.

Posted: 02 February 2013 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Madbat - 02 February 2013 10:37 PM

I didn’t expect it to be that simple, thanks!

Enjoy!

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

4 of 7