Heres an 8 step Tutorial on Adding custom shapes to clothing Ive just written.
1) Morph Genesis into the shape you want to work on and export it to OBJ. (IMPORTANT: Ensure the Scale of genesis is always set to 100%, V5, A3 Reby, the stephanies and other all reduce Genesis’s scale, make them 100% before you export)
2) Import the morphed Geneis in to modller and you wantever poly edit tool you have to fit the clothing well to the shape, (but just make sure you do not add or remove a single vert or poly) - when satistfied export it back to Obj and call it FBMshapename.
Example: ‘FBMVictoria5’ for V5, ‘FBMBasicFemale’ for Basic Female… etc. This will save you having to rename it in morphloader pro.
3) Load Genesis and you rigged item in to the scene and select Genesis
4) Dial in the the shape to Genesis that you have just modified the clothing for, then dial it back out again or Zero genesis (This is so Daz Generates one and gives you access the correct Property Group path in morph loader pro.
5) Now unselect genesis an select your clothing item. Open Morph Loader pro, You might need to bind a keyboard short cut for it in your settings. I bind the ‘M’ key to it.
6) Click choose morph and browes to your exported OBJ.
7) Expand the item in morphloader pro (click on the little down arrow next to its name) and set the following options in the steps below.
Property Group: here you must choose the correct path, Determine the target characters type is it female or male? Toon or realworld?
Victoria and stephanies etc go under Actor/Female/Realworld,
Aiko and Hitomi would go under Actor/Female/Stylized,
Basic Child would go under Actor/universal/realworld.
Michael 4 Would go under Actor/male/Realworld
When you did step 4 ^ above, this will make the correct path avaliable to you in the drop down menu in morph loader pro, So you wont have to fiddle about, finding it ot typing it in.
Create Control property: Set to ‘NO’.
Reverse Deformations: Set to ‘NO’
Overwrite Existing: Set to “Deltas and ERC Links”
8) DONE! Click load and now test, when you dial the shape in genesis, you clothing should morph in to your custom shape.
Trouble shooting: If Morphloader didnt give you an error but it doesnt work, try saving the clothing item and reloading it.
If that fails, re run ML Pro check your property group path and OBJ file names are correct, because those are the only other things that can cause it to fail if you make a mistake.
Lastly - just as an F.Y.I, your Custom morph .DSF’s are save to My Library/Data/Your Name/Your Product/Clothing Item name/Morphs.
Also Im happy to answer questions too, feel free to PM me.