2 of 2
My Wish List for DAZ3D
Posted: 07 December 2012 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2012-01-04
Taozen - 07 December 2012 09:05 PM

I’d like to see an option in the store for flagging individual products so you don’t see them anymore (like stuff you don’t intend to buy or already have bought). Would save you from browsing through a lot of stuff you don’t care about anyway (which for many people probably would be 75% of it all or more, I imagine).

That is an absolutely fantastic idea.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 07 December 2012 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2007-01-20
Ledhead - 07 December 2012 10:09 PM
Taozen - 07 December 2012 09:05 PM

I’d like to see an option in the store for flagging individual products so you don’t see them anymore (like stuff you don’t intend to buy or already have bought). Would save you from browsing through a lot of stuff you don’t care about anyway (which for many people probably would be 75% of it all or more, I imagine).

That is an absolutely fantastic idea.

And I want that capacity at the mall, wal-mart and the grocery store too!

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3143
Joined  2004-04-25
DaremoK3 - 07 December 2012 01:06 AM

Like Pendraia, I have not experienced any bad service, or store problems.  The forums, other than a few security snafus (fixed by DAZ with great attention, thank you DAZ), have been relatively good in my experience.

Wants:

*DAZ to purchase outright, and implement into DAZ Studio one of the hair plugin systems on the horizon.
*DAZ to purchase a full dynamics cloth system (including “clothify”, and create your own), and implement into DAZ Studio.  Or, create a DS bridge to Marvelous Designer cloth system.
*DAZ to purchase outright Reality plugin, and implement into DAZ Studio.
*DAZ to purchase outright any other plugins that should be implemented into Studio, so we don’t have to a) wait for author to update plugin to be compatible with new DS releases (if ever), and b) so we never have that issue to begin with in the first place.

AND, lastly:

***Hire back zilvergraphix (and anyone else involved) to finish a fully completed, and comprehensive manual detailing ALL the ins and outs of DAZ Studio!

To get your wishes fulfilled, how much are you willing to invest in DS? 

Purchasing all the plugins (providing the vendors even want to sell) would push it out of the free category.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 08 December 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2003-10-09

I edited my post…

I meant zigraphix for the manuals.

You bring up a very good point, icprncss.  Perhaps none of the plugin authors would be willing to sell, but it would alleviate them from having to update their code every time DAZ changes their base code.

I think I misspoke.  I should have said purchased the rights to use the code, and continue updating the code to work with all new versions of Studio.

More in line with whatever licensing agreement they have with 3Delight, or like the code licensing Poser has with Singular Inversions for the face generator engine in the Face Room, and Size 8 Software for the dynamics cloth engine in the Cloth Room.

That’s my wish (and wants).

I would like to add:

*DAZ to hire Casual to code a fully functional sculpting/“putty” plugin (his was almost there), and license of it’s use in DS.
*And, why he’s at it, he could probably code a 3D painting plugin to go along with it as well.

Now, what would I be willing to invest?

The price of DAZ Studio Pro, of course.  (DS Pro 5 could be pretty sweet)

Or, a comparable price in line with Poser Pro series.

Hell, I will even go as high as Carrara Pro.  I just prefer to work in DS, though…

As far as pushing it out of the “free” category.  Well, I will just have to disagree.  DAZ can always still give away their crippled software to those who don’t wish to pay for all the bells and whistles.

I just want the production studio the best it can be, and we all know there are a few things that are holding it back just a little bit.

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 18 December 2012 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-11-02

Hi all
Never had issue with Daz site, so here is a suggestion : bring back the file size for downloads!

- since some time (when ???), when I download a product, there is no indication of the file size in my account - download list- or navigator, probably since the last DAZ site update.
That’s a big problem if I’m not at home, because I have a limited connexion on travel, and have to pay extra Mb. For a few Mb it doesn’t matter, but when it reaches more than 10-20Mb…aouch! As I don’t want to see the little wheel turn, turn waiting for the good or bad surprise when it’s finished, that means I have to give up and miss the free items or special low price offers hmmm

edit : hey, rated here as “new member?”...well, I don’t post much, but, since 2005…another weirdness. I was PC member for many year, maybe it’s why I’m now back to newbie/simple mortal? lol!

Posted: 18 December 2012 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1827
Joined  2008-05-31
LiliG - 18 December 2012 03:10 AM

Hi all
Never had issue with Daz site, so here is a suggestion : bring back the file size for downloads!

- since some time (when ???), when I download a product, there is no indication of the file size in my account - download list- or navigator, probably since the last DAZ site update.
That’s a big problem if I’m not at home, because I have a limited connexion on travel, and have to pay extra Mb. For a few Mb it doesn’t matter, but when it reaches more than 10-20Mb…aouch! That means I have to miss the free items or special low price offers hmmm

This program can show you the file sizes, just select (check) the files you want to know the size of. check the “Get file sizes only” box, and click the Start button.

http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcondo/

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 18 December 2012 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-11-02

Ah, thank’s for the info, I’ll try this one wink
Sure, external downloaders can do that, but sometimes it creates problems - I used speed download and it was random success for many sites.
But it could also be in the “download” list as it was before on Daz site, don’t see why they removed it.

Posted: 18 December 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2007-11-30

Santa for generation 4 figures and Genesis.

2 of 2