Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
KeyMate from goFigure this month
Posted: 06 December 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02

I was on the goFigure website and saw a forum post about keyMate. It looks like it’ll make creating aniblocks a lot easier as you’ll be able to edit keyframes.

From the post: “keyMate is a traditional animation solution especially useful for creating animation from scratch. Visually copy, paste, move, and delete keys with great efficiency. Easily do these things on an entire figure or even scene, without all the busywork. Want to do a simple animation of the camera or lights and then adjust the timing? keyMate is the answer.”

I know a lot of you have been wanting better animation tools in DS for a while—hopefully this is it!

Posted: 06 December 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2010-03-25
fivecat - 06 December 2012 01:13 PM

I was on the goFigure website and saw a forum post about keyMate. It looks like it’ll make creating aniblocks a lot easier as you’ll be able to edit keyframes.

From the post: “keyMate is a traditional animation solution especially useful for creating animation from scratch. Visually copy, paste, move, and delete keys with great efficiency. Easily do these things on an entire figure or even scene, without all the busywork. Want to do a simple animation of the camera or lights and then adjust the timing? keyMate is the answer.”

I know a lot of you have been wanting better animation tools in DS for a while—hopefully this is it!

wow that sounds great.. thanks for the news smile

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4717
Joined  2004-07-01
fivecat - 06 December 2012 01:13 PM

Thinking its for DS 4.5 .

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-02
bigh - 06 December 2012 07:12 PM

That would be a safe assumption. Is 4.5 a problem on your computer, Bigh?  Or do you just prefer a previous version? I still use DS3 for animation just because I have everything set up how I like and it doesn’t have the big fisher-price buttons that take up too much space.

Posted: 06 December 2012 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4717
Joined  2004-07-01
fivecat - 06 December 2012 07:16 PM
bigh - 06 December 2012 07:12 PM

That would be a safe assumption. Is 4.5 a problem on your computer, Bigh?  Or do you just prefer a previous version? I still use DS3 for animation just because I have everything set up how I like and it doesn’t have the big fisher-price buttons that take up too much space.

no I use 4.5 - don’t even have 3 set up any more .
I like 3 better for some things - but never set up on my new puter .
got used to 4.5 now .
its all fun .

Posted: 06 December 2012 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2010-03-25

I use daz3a for animation also fivecat, my reason is because i have tons of VFX tools that don’t work in daz4.5 and a ton of stuff that does not animate well in daz4.5 one problem i have still is with the feet. and shoes. I am getting better with the autofit tool but its way to much work using it for animation. so i opt for pp2012 and ds3a with conforming clothing it’s much easier for me when it comes to animating characters.

On a positive note., once i have recovered financially from my computer crash, I’ll be contacting you Fivecat..  I’m still interested in buying your horse animations. its just not a good time of year for having any extra cash and having a $600 set back. didn’t help much . But I wanna let you know i am still interested in your horse ani blocks..

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

Posted: 06 December 2012 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-02
Ivy - 06 December 2012 10:27 PM

I use daz3a for animation also fivecat, my reason is because i have tons of VFX tools that don’t work in daz4.5 and a ton of stuff that does not animate well in daz4.5 one problem i have still is with the feet. and shoes. I am getting better with the autofit tool but its way to much work using it for animation. so i opt for pp2012 and ds3a with conforming clothing it’s much easier for me when it comes to animating characters.

On a positive note., once i have recovered financially from my computer crash, I’ll be contacting you Fivecat..  I’m still interested in buying your horse animations. its just not a good time of year for having any extra cash and having a $600 set back. didn’t help much . But I wanna let you know i am still interested in your horse ani blocks..

I have a couple plug-ins I use a lot that aren’t available for 4.5, plus as I said I just like the aniMate layout in DS3A better. I’ll have to learn how to do some customizing at some point. smirk

I agree, the autofit shrink wrap and poke-through are a problem for animating clothing. I do want to start doing more animation with genesis.

Regarding the horse animations—I picked up the new horse, so I’ll be refitting the aniblocks to the new horse soon, so I’ll have both available. I now have poser versions also, although it’s a bit different as poser doesn’t have the easy looping and subtracks.

Posted: 11 December 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2008-04-10

Not just this month, it is released today
- http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/13137/

Posted: 11 December 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2004-02-06

I just bought key mate and have been using it for a couple hours. I have noticed there are no morph keyframes. It works great but morphs are a big part of animation. Am i missing something?

Posted: 11 December 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
davesolo - 11 December 2012 08:32 AM

I just bought key mate and have been using it for a couple hours. I have noticed there are no morph keyframes. It works great but morphs are a big part of animation. Am i missing something?

Thank you.  For morphs you will want to change that dropdown in the top center that has TR showing to the TRSV option.  Meaning Translation, Rotation, Scaling, Values.  Values means morphs and all other values.

Posted: 11 December 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2004-02-06

Great! Thanks for the quick response! Ill give it a shot

Posted: 11 December 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2004-02-06

Works great!! LOL the trsv was in the read me! Must read closer!

Posted: 11 December 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2269
Joined  2012-02-04

There isn’t much info available on this new product - nothing on GoFigure site other than the coming in December splash page. So, I have some questions:
1) Does KeyMate work in conjunction with Animate2 and Aniblocks, or is my investment in those technologies wasted when using KeyMate? For example, can I create animation with Animate2 and Aniblocks and tweak it with KeyMate?
2) How does KeyMate integrate with the DAZ Timeline? Or does it replace DAZ timeline?
3) Does KeyMate work for all DAZ figures? Aniblocks were for gen 4 figures mostly and did not translate well to Genesis (for me).

Posted: 11 December 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-03-02
Go Figure - 11 December 2012 08:15 AM

Not just this month, it is released today

Great news. Just grabbed it. I might have to wait to play with it though.

Posted: 11 December 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2010-12-31

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/13137/#189696

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-10
barbult - 11 December 2012 12:27 PM

There isn’t much info available on this new product - nothing on GoFigure site other than the coming in December splash page. So, I have some questions:
1) Does KeyMate work in conjunction with Animate2 and Aniblocks, or is my investment in those technologies wasted when using KeyMate? For example, can I create animation with Animate2 and Aniblocks and tweak it with KeyMate?
2) How does KeyMate integrate with the DAZ Timeline? Or does it replace DAZ timeline?
3) Does KeyMate work for all DAZ figures? Aniblocks were for gen 4 figures mostly and did not translate well to Genesis (for me).

keyMate should work with all figures, but it is a different paradigm.

keyMate is an alternative UI to the DAZ Timeline that allows more functionality.  aniMate is a different system that takes over the DAZ Studio timeline.

1 of 4