Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Solar Fire Photoshop Brushes - Out Now! [commercial]
Posted: 07 December 2012 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1259
Joined  2011-09-13

i let out a loud and heartfelt laugh earlier today when i spotted the aladdin reference smile

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 07 December 2012 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1452
Joined  2006-09-09

WOW! Dire Bunny, that is utterly gorgeous!!!!!

Dire Bunny - 06 December 2012 04:41 PM

I have been in need of brushes just like this.  They will probably be in my set of most used brushes.

So anyway here’s what i came up with just playing around with them a bit.

(edit to add just on the off chance anyone actually wants to know.  i used gimp for this)

Posted: 07 December 2012 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2006-08-26
Szark - 06 December 2012 10:18 AM

How about Photoshop Elements 6 for the ABR brushes. I know Ron’s brushes work in PSE6 as I have some.

Since there is a PS7 version included, you should be good to go. Even users of PSE 2 should be able to use those.  Good rule of thumb is that Elements can use brushes made with the version of Photoshop that is comes out right before that version of Elements and versions of Photoshop that are older.  PSE 6 came out shortly after CS3 so you should be compatible with brushes made in CS3 and below. The only caveat is that some dynamics may not be available….just the difference in Photoshop vs Elements.

Release date references used:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_Elements
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_version_history

Posted: 07 December 2012 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7992
Joined  2009-05-14

Pixel8ted thank you for that most excellent information and links…it really is appreciated.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 07 December 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1251
Joined  2003-10-19
Pixel8ted - 07 December 2012 04:29 AM

How about Photoshop Elements 6 for the ABR brushes. I know Ron’s brushes work in PSE6 as I have some.

Since there is a PS7 version included, you should be good to go. Even users of PSE 2 should be able to use those.  Good rule of thumb is that Elements can use brushes made with the version of Photoshop that is comes out right before that version of Elements and versions of Photoshop that are older.  PSE 6 came out shortly after CS3 so you should be compatible with brushes made in CS3 and below. The only caveat is that some dynamics may not be available….just the difference in Photoshop vs Elements.

Awesome! Thanks so much for explaining. Sadly, I don’t really use Elements to know all the ins and outs of it. I know I’ve heard in passing they could be converted to PSE, but not sure what the workflow is for that, either.  Like I said earlier, I may have an older copy of Elements (I think I got it free when I bought my wacom graphire) but I have to locate the disk in my heaping mound lol That is, if I could even figure out how the conversion works.

That said, you may not even have to convert the .abr, specifically, or work the long way around it. I included png’s, so it should be something like opening them each in Elements and saving them as Elements brushes (if all else fails) http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/freedownloads/f/convertabr.htm

Signature 

—- Don’t knock on death’s door… ring the doorbell and run (he HATES that)

| My Store on DAZ | D4IVI4G3 Iµ© | Facebook |

Need help with something of mine? Shoot me an email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 07 December 2012 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7992
Joined  2009-05-14

please don’t go to the trouble on my account. I also use GIMP so I know they will work.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 07 December 2012 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2006-08-26
IgnisSerpentus - 07 December 2012 05:53 AM
Pixel8ted - 07 December 2012 04:29 AM

Awesome! Thanks so much for explaining. Sadly, I don’t really use Elements to know all the ins and outs of it. I know I’ve heard in passing they could be converted to PSE, but not sure what the workflow is for that, either.  Like I said earlier, I may have an older copy of Elements (I think I got it free when I bought my wacom graphire) but I have to locate the disk in my heaping mound lol That is, if I could even figure out how the conversion works.

That said, you may not even have to convert the .abr, specifically, or work the long way around it. I included png’s, so it should be something like opening them each in Elements and saving them as Elements brushes (if all else fails) http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/freedownloads/f/convertabr.htm

Before I switched over entirely to Photoshop, I used to use PS7 brushes with PSE2 and PSE3 without any problems other than losing some dynamics in brushes that had dynamic settings that Elements couldn’t tap into.

From what I understand, the Elements application is based on the same code as the Photoshop application.. This is why you can get actions that “add” some limited Photoshop functions back into Elements. It’s no so much bringing in something new as providing an access point to tap into Photoshop features.  BTW, these tools can’t tap into advanced features,  just a limited version of the feature….like a curves dialog that is limited to RGB and can’t be edited. Although in the latest versions, I don’t think they need that as much anymore as they’ve been adding these limited features that add-on actions previously added.

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2007-06-19
IgnisSerpentus - 07 December 2012 01:30 AM

Oooo awesome DB! Love the red and the apocalyptic feel to it!

jakiblue - 07 December 2012 04:00 AM

WOW! Dire Bunny, that is utterly gorgeous!!!!!

Thanks smile 

This is one of the odd ties when i knew what colours i wanted to play around with, but had no clear idea of what the picture should be.

So i just started rendering random pieces and trying to fit it together. “lol”

Signature 

DeviantArt
there ain’t nothin’ to do ‘cept take naps and wait patiently for death!

Autonomous and Illuminated Unity of Territories

the Unimportance of being Bunny

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-19
Dire Bunny - 07 December 2012 11:30 AM

Thanks smile 

This is one of the odd ties when i knew what colours i wanted to play around with, but had no clear idea of what the picture should be.

So i just started rendering random pieces and trying to fit it together. “lol”

LOL Thats pretty much how I did the promos - winged it

Signature 

Need help with something of mine? Shoot me an email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 14 December 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-19

Just dropping by to say there’s only 1 week left on the intro

Signature 

Posted: 15 December 2012 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2007-06-19

Think I will slip one more pic in here.
This took longer than i thought it would for something pretty simple.
I just could not get the effects around her hand look right with out obscuring her face and covering the entire hand.

Finally got it to look how i wanted it though.

used:
D|S 3a
Sai
GIMP
V4 ranger hair
Mini Dress A4/V4
Solar Fire

Image Attachments
Practical_Magic_sm_jpg.jpg
 Signature 

DeviantArt
there ain’t nothin’ to do ‘cept take naps and wait patiently for death!

Autonomous and Illuminated Unity of Territories

the Unimportance of being Bunny

Posted: 15 December 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-19
Dire Bunny - 15 December 2012 05:38 AM

Think I will slip one more pic in here.
This took longer than i thought it would for something pretty simple.
I just could not get the effects around her hand look right with out obscuring her face and covering the entire hand.

Finally got it to look how i wanted it though.

used:
D|S 3a
Sai
GIMP
V4 ranger hair
Mini Dress A4/V4
Solar Fire

Oooo very nice DB!! I like that one a lot. Very provocative and I love the colors

Signature 

Posted: 16 December 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2012-03-05

Hi IS, I’m interested in ordering these. I read above that you have a tutorial for one of your other products. Can you please direct me to that tutorial? I would love to see if a novice like me can work with them. Thanks loads.

Posted: 16 December 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-19
LJWM - 16 December 2012 10:25 AM

Hi IS, I’m interested in ordering these. I read above that you have a tutorial for one of your other products. Can you please direct me to that tutorial? I would love to see if a novice like me can work with them. Thanks loads.

Well, I dont think I have any tuts for using brushes per se…. I was going to do one for these, demonstrating how to use gradients and such, but I havent had a chance to yet. It seems that my Christmas present was coming down with a bit of a sinus infection LOL so Ive been languishing about the last 4-5 days. Hopefully, it will clear up soon, and I can find some time to get to it.

Here, is the link to my youtube acct—just in case anyone wants the tuts Ive added so far. There are a few on Photoshop, showing how to do different things.

http://www.youtube.com/damageinc3d

Signature 

Posted: 16 December 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2012-03-05

Thank you. I’m most likely going to order them. But I’ve had a few problems with ordering products and not getting them to work. So now I’m very cautious.

2 of 3