Digital Art Zone

3 of 3
Utopia Labs -New Environment- (Commercial)
Posted: 19 December 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8152
Joined  2004-07-21
Stonemason - 19 December 2012 08:27 AM

lets see some renders guys!

here’s one with a water plane ,deleted the lower half of utopia and moved the main deck

Wow this proves you are a good artist when it comes to 3d graphics. Your products are awesome and your renders cause me to want all your products, Wow!

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 19 December 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
Zaarin - 07 December 2012 08:43 PM

... I like my fantasy and sci-fi dark: Lord of the Rings rather than Narnia, Mass Effect rather than Star Wars or Star Trek (though I do also like Narnia, Star Wars, and Star Trek, incidentally).

Technically, of what you mentioned, only StarTrek is utopian scifi. It’s been so long since I’ve read any that I’m not even remembering any other utopian authors off the top. Star-Trek, even with it’s battles and conflicts is a version of Utopian since the trials of everyday life such as earning a salary, getting medical help, paying for education, are all things of the past. Since there are still social classes in movies like StarWars where people fall prey to the vagaries of life, it fails the basic test of utopian.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 19 December 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  396
Joined  2005-08-23
Gedd - 19 December 2012 12:35 PM
Zaarin - 07 December 2012 08:43 PM

... I like my fantasy and sci-fi dark: Lord of the Rings rather than Narnia, Mass Effect rather than Star Wars or Star Trek (though I do also like Narnia, Star Wars, and Star Trek, incidentally).

Technically, of what you mentioned, only StarTrek is utopian scifi. It’s been so long since I’ve read any that I’m not even remembering any other utopian authors off the top. Star-Trek, even with it’s battles and conflicts is a version of Utopian since the trials of everyday life such as earning a salary, getting medical help, paying for education, are all things of the past. Since there are still social classes in movies like StarWars where people fall prey to the vagaries of life, it fails the basic test of utopian.

Wasn’t saying it was utopian, but Star Wars is a hug fest next to the Mass Effect trilogy. wink

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 20 December 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1100
Joined  2010-09-19

Attempting a bit of atmosphere with Utopian Rendezvous… 

link to image on my dA page in case you can’t see attachment - http://fav.me/d5oogwo

Image Attachments
Utopian_Rendezvous.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 21 December 2012 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2005-10-28

Stonemason,

Any chance that we could get a new “Utopia” Texture (matching Utopia Deck C) for Sector 15?  Or other Utopia interiors (Decks A & B…) conference rooms, living quarters, command centers, and labs?  Thanks!

Posted: 21 December 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2003-10-09

Still have to say that I love this set.

3 of 3