Digital Art Zone

light, brightness problem
Posted: 05 December 2012 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-08-07

Hi
I’d like to create a Christmas scene and i bought Redhouse Christmas Carol, but after rendering it looks so strange. I work with MAC and PC - and get the same result.

What’s wrong? Thanks, happy day,
Sabina

Image Attachments
support_pic2.jpg

Posted: 05 December 2012 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
melekseytan - 05 December 2012 12:41 AM

Hi
I’d like to create a Christmas scene and i bought Redhouse Christmas Carol, but after rendering it looks so strange. I work with MAC and PC - and get the same result.

What’s wrong? Thanks, happy day,
Sabina

Using this in Daz Studio?

You are going to have to adjust some surface settings for the items, probably lighting, too.

Start by making sure the ‘spot render’ tool is enabled (it’s the little camera with an arrow…it should be visible somewhere across the top…if not it’s under “Tools”), you’ll need it for doing quick little test renders…to use it, you click somewhere in the viewport and drag out a box.  It will render what’s in that box.

Then, when it’s active..go to the Surfaces pane…the first thing…check the glossiness and specular strength for each item…adjust.  If glossiness is 0 and strength is high, you’ll get that washed out look.  The same with Ambient…if the color is white and strength 100%...washed out.  In most cases Ambient is safe to turn off (set strength to 0).

Try a couple of different things…doing a spot render after each change…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 05 December 2012 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2011-08-07

Hi mjc1016
thanks for your qiuck and detailed instruction/answer. I will do it :D
wish you a nice day/evening/morning ...

Posted: 05 December 2012 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2011-08-07

Hi mjc1016
thanks for your qiuck and detailed instruction/answer. Well I tried it and it is working, it seems that all has been changed, color, reflection and so on. I have to reset the items.  I can’t explain, why this happend, because it was the first use… is there a way to reset the whole scene? thanks a lot

Posted: 05 December 2012 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-08-07

Hi mjc1016
thanks for your qiuck and detailed instruction/answer. I get it all, wow, your advice was very helpfull, great and I am very happy :D, wish you beautiful day, cheers

Posted: 05 December 2012 06:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  811
Joined  2008-09-17
melekseytan - 05 December 2012 03:37 AM

Hi mjc1016
thanks for your qiuck and detailed instruction/answer. Well I tried it and it is working, it seems that all has been changed, color, reflection and so on. I have to reset the items.  I can’t explain, why this happend, because it was the first use… is there a way to reset the whole scene? thanks a lot

This issue is common with older products; because they were made for Poser.  Since both programs use different rendering engines (which handle materials differently); the settings for Poser will looks different in DS.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 05 December 2012 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-08-07

grin Hi BWSman, ok, thanks for your additional info, now I see, why some items look so strange gulp, have a great day