M4 Arms Deformed

lobus777lobus777 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, I've been using Poser for a while and am currently running Poser Pro 2012. I've run into this peculiar problem today and can't figure out why it is happening. I attached a pic and as you can see when I utilize the Freak 4 morphs the arms deform. By the way this was not happening before and I've not downloaded any new products recently. I was hoping someone has seen this before and could help guide me into how to fix it!!! Thank you for looking!

arms.png
1920 x 1080 - 1M

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,782
    edited December 1969

What's your Poser version number. I only ask cause I'm having issues with the newest version on a pack I'm finishing up.

• lobus777lobus777 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    What's your Poser version number. I only ask cause I'm having issues with the newest version on a pack I'm finishing up.

I'm running Poser Pro2012, with SR3, on Windows 7, hope this helps!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,956
    edited December 1969

Your morphs or your figure are old, somehow - if the figure is labelled as SR1 or SR2 then reset the morphs from your order history, otherwise reset the figure, and install the new version.

• lobus777lobus777 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your morphs or your figure are old, somehow - if the figure is labelled as SR1 or SR2 then reset the morphs from your order history, otherwise reset the figure, and install the new version.

Ok, it took a while but I went back to my order history and reset, downloaded and re-installed Michael 4, The Freak 4 and all the morphs for each. I also updated Poser to SR3.1. I restarted my computer, Poser, downloaded a fresh copy of M4, injected all the morphs and the arms are still deformed. I'm truly stumped!!!

edited December 1969

Looking at your image, I was wrong - the mismatched versions affected only the left arm, not both. Can you check that there's only the one \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Micahel 4 folder on your system please.

• CodeMonkey379CodeMonkey379 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem. Poser Pro 2012, SP3.1, Win 7.

edited December 1969

And it's both arms, and you are setting the morph on the Body and not on a body part?

• CodeMonkey379CodeMonkey379 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. In spite of checking the Notify box I didn't get an email when you posted a response.

Yes. Both arms. Exactly like the image from the first post. I have applied the morph to the body, not a body part.

edited December 1969

Ah, it's because the figure loads with the scale option on and that works only in DS, I think. Turn FreakScaleON, the first dial in the the Freak 4 group, to 0 and the arms should stop breaking (though you will lose some of the upper body mass).

• david_macraedavid_macrae Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

I just bought the freak 4 and had the same problem but I did not want to lose the mass so I just scaled the arms up 114% worked great for me.

I clicked on the arm and there is a scale morph dial . I turned it to 114% and it looks good.

Dave

• will shetterlywill shetterly Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Same problem. Scaling the arms to 114% looks perfect. Thanks!