Digital Art Zone

V4 and Amarseda hair
Posted: 04 December 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1440
Joined  0

When I add the Amarseda hair to V4 it doesn’t quite cover at the front hair line I have tried to move it various ways and still cant hide the original hairline on V4, also am i supposed to use fit to on it because that didn’t work either.  Also am not sure how to group or parent an item.  Help anyone?

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6945
Joined  2005-08-15

You need to get rid of the base V4 skin with the purple bikini.  If you go to the Poses folder you should find at least a base resolution texture.

You should always use the ‘Fit To’ option for hair, that way it will move with the figure and stay in place, there is then no need to parent the hair.

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2012-11-04

Hi.

I used to have the same problem, until I saw I didn’t selected the right Amarseda file.
Are you sure you selected the V4 version?

If you didn’t do it, be sure you have associated the hair with the character (“Fit to” option”).

Signature 

http://skatingjesus.deviantart.com/

Posted: 04 December 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

Thanks It was for sure the hair for V4 I checked that first so I will try a different texture ( why didn’t I think of that *smack*)  smile

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 04 December 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

YOu could always apply the Lana textures that the Genesis female wears onto V4… they’ll work.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 06 December 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

thanks got that working now…I’m sure learning this program is going to be very slow going

Signature 

Posted: 06 December 2012 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8241
Joined  2009-05-14
Kharma - 06 December 2012 09:15 AM

thanks got that working now…I’m sure learning this program is going to be very slow going

Yes it does take time to learn and we all learn at different speeds…just try not to run before you can walk, aim low to start with.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 06 December 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

I am learning a bit at a time, lighting and camera angles will be a huge challenge i am sure

Signature