Digital Art Zone

batch rendering non-photorealistic avi’s
Posted: 04 December 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-11-27

SORRY WRONG PLACE TO POST - cant find any way to delete.

Hi there

Is anybody else out there having problems rendering a batch of files to avi - if the files are using non-realistic (toon type) render mode. I got through one and then every other one I try crashed C8 and then when I reboot it looses all my setting for where my content is located!?

Then render fine outside the batch editor - but this is gonna seriously impact my work load having to wait for individual files to render.

Cheers
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there

Is anybody else out there having problems rendering a batch of files to avi - if the files are using non-realistic (toon type) render mode. I got through one and then every other one I try crashed C8 and then when I reboot it looses all my setting for where my content is located!?

Then render fine outside the batch editor - but this is gonna seriously impact my work load having to wait for individual files to render.

Cheers
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17131
Joined  2003-10-09

Where did you intend to post, I can move it there for you, or merge it with your post in the Carrara forum

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 December 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there
It was for the Carrara forum - I’ve already manually cut and pasted it there.
Thanks for your help
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there

Cheers
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6154
Joined  2006-08-27

Have you tried to render to image sequences? Also what version of C8? Is it the production build or the C8.5 beta? Might make a difference.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 04 December 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15788
Joined  2003-10-09

Moved to Carrara Discussions and threads merged.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 04 December 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there

I’m using Carrara 8 8.1.1.12 on windows 7.

They work fine when I render individual movies - but fail when I add them to the batch renderer

Cheers
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6154
Joined  2006-08-27

Completely fail, or does the first one in the batch render and then Carrara crashes when it switches to the next one in the queue?

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 05 December 2012 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there
It’s completely fails. I only ever managed to render one. Even that same one doesn’t work. When it loads the files, the render info doesn’t appear correctly - all I see is the default for ‘diffuse’ - all the other panels are empty.
Z