Digital Art Zone

batch rendering non-photorealistic avi’s
Posted: 04 December 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-11-27

SORRY WRONG PLACE TO POST - cant find any way to delete.

Hi there

Is anybody else out there having problems rendering a batch of files to avi - if the files are using non-realistic (toon type) render mode. I got through one and then every other one I try crashed C8 and then when I reboot it looses all my setting for where my content is located!?

Then render fine outside the batch editor - but this is gonna seriously impact my work load having to wait for individual files to render.

Cheers
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there

Is anybody else out there having problems rendering a batch of files to avi - if the files are using non-realistic (toon type) render mode. I got through one and then every other one I try crashed C8 and then when I reboot it looses all my setting for where my content is located!?

Then render fine outside the batch editor - but this is gonna seriously impact my work load having to wait for individual files to render.

Cheers
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15236
Joined  2003-10-09

Where did you intend to post, I can move it there for you, or merge it with your post in the Carrara forum

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 December 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there
It was for the Carrara forum - I’ve already manually cut and pasted it there.
Thanks for your help
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there

Cheers
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4871
Joined  2006-08-27

Have you tried to render to image sequences? Also what version of C8? Is it the production build or the C8.5 beta? Might make a difference.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 04 December 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13564
Joined  2003-10-09

Moved to Carrara Discussions and threads merged.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 04 December 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there

I’m using Carrara 8 8.1.1.12 on windows 7.

They work fine when I render individual movies - but fail when I add them to the batch renderer

Cheers
Z

Posted: 04 December 2012 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4871
Joined  2006-08-27

Completely fail, or does the first one in the batch render and then Carrara crashes when it switches to the next one in the queue?

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 05 December 2012 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2006-11-27

Hi there
It’s completely fails. I only ever managed to render one. Even that same one doesn’t work. When it loads the files, the render info doesn’t appear correctly - all I see is the default for ‘diffuse’ - all the other panels are empty.
Z