Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
3 weeks and no return calls, no one answers-need refund and closing account
Posted: 04 December 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2003-10-09
ssgbryan - 03 December 2012 05:33 PM
csampson - 03 December 2012 04:41 PM

“Why on earth are you tangling with Texas’ Comptroller?  It is DAZ’s job to do that if there is a tax issue, it isn’t yours.  In fact, you are probably muddying up the waters as a 3rd party.”

1. Because I’m a Texas Resident who is being charged tax. That sorta makes it my business to do so…
2. I’m close to members on the Texas business committees. They agree that Daz3d shouldn’t be a collector for Texas user taxes.
3. and this is where it counts…before you yap off at me…I was in full discussion with Daz3d CFO about my participation BEFORE I ever even rang the 1st Austin phone number. So, no, I didn’t muddy the waters.

Before you bark like this on a post I ask questions about, know what you’re talking about.
it is entirely my issue to ask about taxation because I’m the one paying it.
Last, I’m a citizen of Texas and have every right to tell my State to leave a Utah company alone.

Firstly, I am also a citizen of Texas, so color me unimpressed that you are a Texan.

2.  The state of Texas does have the right to collect taxes on internet transactions.  Directly from the comptroller’s office:

“If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, then you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an Internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, the use tax is due and payable by the purchaser.”

If you have a problem with Texas collecting taxes, take it up with the state legislature.

Good luck with that.

The problem is that doesn’t jive with federal law about what is taxable in interstate commerce, be it online or otherwise.  One of the reasons I don’t shop at Daz any longer is that they collect the state sales tax when they shouldn’t be doing so under federal law.

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  613
Joined  2004-12-14
Fringewood - 04 December 2012 09:44 AM

“Why on earth are you tangling with Texas’ Comptroller?  It is DAZ’s job to do that if there is a tax issue, it isn’t yours.  In fact, you are probably muddying up the waters as a 3rd party.”

1. Because I’m a Texas Resident who is being charged tax. That sorta makes it my business to do so…
2. I’m close to members on the Texas business committees. They agree that Daz3d shouldn’t be a collector for Texas user taxes.
3. and this is where it counts…before you yap off at me…I was in full discussion with Daz3d CFO about my participation BEFORE I ever even rang the 1st Austin phone number. So, no, I didn’t muddy the waters.

Before you bark like this on a post I ask questions about, know what you’re talking about.
Last, I’m a citizen of Texas and have every right to tell my State to leave a Utah company alone.

Firstly, I am also a citizen of Texas, so color me unimpressed that you are a Texan.

2.  The state of Texas does have the right to collect taxes on internet transactions.  Directly from the comptroller’s office:

“If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, then you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an Internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, the use tax is due and payable by the purchaser.”

If you have a problem with Texas collecting taxes, take it up with the state legislature.

Good luck with that.

The problem is that doesn’t jive with federal law about what is taxable in interstate commerce, be it online or otherwise.  One of the reasons I don’t shop at Daz any longer is that they collect the state sales tax when they shouldn’t be doing so under federal law.

Your understanding of federal tax law is incorrect. Texas was one of the 10 grandfathered states in the Internet Tax Freedom Act.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 04 December 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2005-09-15

1-(800) 267-5170
1-(801) 495-1777

Neither phone number has answered for weeks. I have so many missing items in my order history, have spoken directly to Blaine and to Britney about this problem. Many of my items do seem to be missing files in the downloads for morphs and textures and other things. I have been a member of the PC for about 10 years… If they have effectively cut us off from contact (*because trouble tickets are too often ignored!), then something really shadey is happening.

I did not post Blaine’s extension, but if i cannot get through by Thursday, I am calling it and telling him, boy am I unhappy. I have a bad feeling that Daz is maybe suffering a real issue… but even if I tried to download every item I have purchased here, it would do no good because I have all of these products that are not opening with all the files intact!

raspberry

Bad Daz!

Perfect example, I just found out that my products (*all associated) Ranaki does not include the Face/Feet morphs!  Last item did not have the poser files (*OBJ/CR2) in the download, it had to be sent by Daz through Big Files!!! UGH!

Ariana

Signature 

Sheesh! I am not new, I have been a member since 2005! Last count was something like a whole bunch of posts! But that doesn’t matter…. or does it? Bazinga!

Posted: 04 December 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2003-10-09
ssgbryan - 04 December 2012 12:34 PM
Fringewood - 04 December 2012 09:44 AM

Good luck with that.

Your understanding of federal tax law is incorrect. Texas was one of the 10 grandfathered states in the Internet Tax Freedom Act.

Four different lawyers I know here in Austin say otherwise.  And these are rare lawyers, in that I trust them implicitly.  The guidelines for what can be charged sales tax are specific, grandfathered or not by any acts.

Posted: 04 December 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  613
Joined  2004-12-14
Fringewood - 04 December 2012 02:51 PM

Four different lawyers I know here in Austin say otherwise.  And these are rare lawyers, in that I trust them implicitly.  The guidelines for what can be charged sales tax are specific, grandfathered or not by any acts.

Well, it’s your money, good luck in overturning the ITFA.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 04 December 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17072
Joined  2003-10-09

OP and others may like to take note of this thread, which has just been posted

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/12763/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 05 December 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-06-07

I’ve called DAZ3D several times with no results.  And now even the phone number is no longer on the Contact Us page.  Does anyone have the phone number or has DAZ3D changed it and just doesn’t want anyone to call? 

SteveVA

Posted: 05 December 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17072
Joined  2003-10-09
SteveVA - 05 December 2012 02:34 PM

I’ve called DAZ3D several times with no results.  And now even the phone number is no longer on the Contact Us page.  Does anyone have the phone number or has DAZ3D changed it and just doesn’t want anyone to call? 

SteveVA

Check the thread I linked to in my post above yours, please.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 05 December 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-06-07

Thanks for the link.

Posted: 05 December 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2008-05-26

I’ve never had a problem getting a refund.  The usual wait time for me is 24 hours or 48 hours if on a weeekend for Sales Support (knock on wood).  Technical support usually takes longer…sometimes requires a follow up.

Signature 

Never let ‘em see you sweat wink

2 of 2