Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
how to get Genesis Complete
Posted: 01 February 2013 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  684
Joined  2003-10-09
Byrdie - 01 February 2013 06:11 PM

Yep, far as I know that’s the case. Of course you can buy a 3rd party set over at Rotica, or let him borrow M4’s. But those won’t take M5 textures, so that could be problematic.

Yeah, I’ve got other toast I could use but sometimes it’s nice to have proper textures and perfectly fit appendages.  DAZ’s policy about toast is crummy. 8-s

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 02 June 2013 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2005-08-26
Skiriki - 03 December 2012 01:00 PM

Get Gen4 shapes for Genesis, that’s also a pretty good bundled deal.

V5 and M5 Pro bundles if you need toaster and toast, so to speak. Starter bundles do not give genitals, FYI. They also have some nice stuff that can get you started.

I’ve been looking for Genesis geographed genitals… I own most of the gen morph packs…. Is spending $125.00 for genitals (being forced to buy m/v5 pro bundle)my only option?

For that price they better have wiings…. Oops…

Signature 

My Renders: My DeviantArt Gallery
Revenger is always looking to meet 3d artists of all levels. FB me if you want to share, or just hangout in the background: http://www.facebook.com/revenger681

Posted: 03 June 2013 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3309
Joined  2009-08-05
11R1CH11 - 03 December 2012 12:41 PM

hello Daz.

I just downloaded Daz4.5, again.. lol..  I’ve been away for a while [deployed].  Actually I’m very new to the new set up.  I remember Victoria 4… So now what do I need to make the best of Genesis?

so far I have the Genesis starter, Genesis BodyMorphKit1, Genesis Muscle 1.0, and Genesis HeadMorphs1&2.

I’m particularly interested in advanced shaping..  making a smaller waiste, longer legs.. etc..
So far my Genesis set up is still pretty basic..  What else do I need?

thanks

My new product Shape Shift for Genesis will be available Soon. It does exactly what you are looking for, eg longer legs, smaller waists. It’s 80+ shaping morphs specially designed to really enhance your figure. Best of all it will also be a merchant resource. Can’t say much about it, but I will start a thread on it soon. It is already in testing with Daz:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 03 June 2013 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1105
Joined  2010-01-23
Zev0 - 03 June 2013 12:59 PM
11R1CH11 - 03 December 2012 12:41 PM

hello Daz.

I just downloaded Daz4.5, again.. lol..  I’ve been away for a while [deployed].  Actually I’m very new to the new set up.  I remember Victoria 4… So now what do I need to make the best of Genesis?

so far I have the Genesis starter, Genesis BodyMorphKit1, Genesis Muscle 1.0, and Genesis HeadMorphs1&2.

I’m particularly interested in advanced shaping..  making a smaller waiste, longer legs.. etc..
So far my Genesis set up is still pretty basic..  What else do I need?

thanks

My new product Shape Shift for Genesis will be available Soon. It does exactly what you are looking for, eg longer legs, smaller waists. It’s 80+ shaping morphs specially designed to really enhance your figure. Best of all it will also be a merchant resource. Can’t say much about it, but I will start a thread on it soon. It is already in testing with Daz:)

Oh dear, you really know how to separate a girl from her money!! grin (Tried to add a smile, but it’s a no-show)

Posted: 03 June 2013 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3309
Joined  2009-08-05

I don’t mean to lol. And ye I have no idea what happened to the smileys:( But before that one comes out I have a Product called Belly Control that will be available this month. Basically you will now be able to get realistic belly shapes or fantasy if you want. It will have flexable morphs where you can construct your own shape to your liking. It also contains movement morphs so if your figure is lying on the ground and you create a pot belly, it will face towards the ground. Will start a thread on this soon as well. Gonna be very a busy month:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 06 October 2013 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2006-09-22

Zev0,

I just picked up the Shape Shift of Genesis, and am dying to try it out. Sadly, after the install manager ran, reporting a successful installation, I failed to find any components working in DAZ 4.6. I poked around, found the file list and found zip, zilch, nada in the \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\ directory. No zev0 folder.

Thinking maybe I hallucinated the first install, I went back to the product page, hit the IM DL/I link and was promptly told by IM that it’s already installed. Sigh.

Fine, I downloaded the manual install package. That’s a zip with files in a folder structure. I’m just about to try dropping them in manually, and will get back to you if that doesn’t work. I am just here to report and give something for the web spiders to find “Shape Shift for Genesis did not install properly in DAZ 4.6” because no useful results came up when I googled it. I know DAZ can have issues with massive install updates, but this was a 7 item business-as-usual shopping trip. If more people find their way here because of this post, you’ll know there’s a real problem.

Thanks!

Again, really looking forward to using the shape shifter. I got a huge wishlist of things to pick up next if this works well for me!

^_^

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Well. No joy. I can see the Zero presets in the content library, but there nothing under Shaping or Parameters. I may have to open a new thread on this… it’ll take me forever to figure out what the real issue is and track down a workable solution under some other topic heading.

Sigh.

Signature 

portfolio ~ deviantART gallery ~ DAZ gallery

Posted: 06 October 2013 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  538
Joined  2011-04-12

Just to make sure you’re looking in the right place, here’s where the morphs are in my Parameters tab:
Actor/Lower Body/Feet/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift
Actor/Lower Body/Hip/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift
Actor/Lower Body/Legs/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift
Actor/Upper Body/Arms/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift
Actor/Upper Body/Torso/Universal/Real World/Shape Shift

And you did load a fresh Genesis after installing, right?

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 06 October 2013 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2006-09-22

Actually, I discovered that the Install Manager was installing all my new content to the Users/Public folder, while DAZ was using everything I already had in my user folder. Just another of those little details that you are not warned about up front. How hard is it to put in a dialog for people who are upgrading that says, “If you have an earlier version of DAZ be aware that IM is configured to install to My Documents/Users/Public/... Go to the settings and give it the install path for your library…” with whatever warnings or recommendations they want to add? I’m in the process of uninstalling/reinstalling everything to the correct path now.

...and now the Genesis figure does not load correctly.

<sound of head banging on the desktop>

...be back in a bit.

Signature 

Posted: 06 October 2013 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2006-09-22

Okay. Had to get it to load the .duf genesis. Weird, because it’s been loading the .dsf genesis for the past week with no problem. One of the reasons I did not figure out the content misplacement right away.

So, I can now see Genesis. The Zero resets are in the right place, and I’m seeing Shape Shifter sliders associated with various body parts. Now, it’s time to go play!

Signature 

2 of 2