Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Gen 3 items/morphs on genesis
Posted: 02 December 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  863
Joined  2005-11-06

i am a big fan of the versatility of genesis. Been using V4 morphs and clothing with genesis since day one and have had great success doing so. With the sale going on, I was thinking of getting the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis to hopefully expand the versatility. Problem is, I never really bought that much for V3 back in the day, so i was curious what some of the great characters you guys have for V3/S3 and even any gen 3 clothing outfits you have used on genesis that worked well. Thanks for any input!

Another question, has anyone with Gen 3 Iconic Shapes tried Irina adventures from blackhearted on genesis, i really enjoyed that set for SP3 back in the day.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 02 December 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

I don’t think AutoFit or the transfere tool has the ability to convert your Gen3 clothing at this time.  It should be possible, however, to rig Gen3 conforming items for Genesis especially if you have the Gen3 shapes… unfortunately, I don’t know how to do this… yet…

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 02 December 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  863
Joined  2005-11-06

According to the promo page “Oh… and because the clone shapes are included, you will be able to “auto-fit” your favorite Generation 3 clothing.”

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 02 December 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3236
Joined  2007-06-22
wancow - 02 December 2012 01:58 PM

I don’t think AutoFit or the transfere tool has the ability to convert your Gen3 clothing at this time.  It should be possible, however, to rig Gen3 conforming items for Genesis especially if you have the Gen3 shapes… unfortunately, I don’t know how to do this… yet…

This is incorrect, Auto fit works on Gen 3 clothing if you have the gen 3 shapes.
Often it works better at converting than Gen 4 stuff

Posted: 02 December 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

I stand corrected.  Interesting!

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 10 April 2014 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2004-11-11

http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/350x455/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/g/e/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis-large.jpg

I am installing DAZ Studio 4 on a test machine so I can migrate from 3.5 Advanced… finally…. and have run into a snag with the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis I purchased last year.  I can’t reset the download.  Other items from that order are there, but not the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis.  PLEASE tell me they didn’t retire this set!  Even if they did, I should still be able to download something I purchased.

Posted: 10 April 2014 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2743
Joined  2004-04-25

Go to your product library and pull up the product there.  If you don’t find any active download links on the page then submit a ticket to Zen Desk.  Sometimes it’s a glitch in server.  I just double checked my product library.  The links are on the pages in the product library and nothing is showing as inactive.

Also, when you see inactive on something in the product library or serial code page it just means that either to product is no longer in the store.  It does not mean the product no longer works.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 10 April 2014 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-11-11

I did submit a ticket.  I was just wondering if anyone else was having a similar issue at the moment, as they have not responded to the ticket yet.  Thanks!

Posted: 10 April 2014 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25

Not with this product but I have had missing active links periodically in the past.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2014 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2003-10-09
FSMCDesigns - 02 December 2012 12:31 PM

i am a big fan of the versatility of genesis. Been using V4 morphs and clothing with genesis since day one and have had great success doing so. With the sale going on, I was thinking of getting the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis to hopefully expand the versatility. Problem is, I never really bought that much for V3 back in the day, so i was curious what some of the great characters you guys have for V3/S3 and even any gen 3 clothing outfits you have used on genesis that worked well. Thanks for any input!

Another question, has anyone with Gen 3 Iconic Shapes tried Irina adventures from blackhearted on genesis, i really enjoyed that set for SP3 back in the day.

Genesis with V3 Clone, V3 morphs, V3 skin, V3 clothes, and V3 hair.

Image Attachments
v3.jpg

Posted: 10 April 2014 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1937
Joined  2005-04-15

As other have already said, Gen 3 clothing and morphs generally work really well with Genesis.  The one thing you have to watch out for is that some of the older products weren’t built as well as more recent ones, especially when it comes to freebies.  As a result, you’ll sometimes find clothing coming apart at the seams or crinkling around the edges when you autofit it, as happened in this test render I did of the old Aphrodite outfit and rogue goggles from the original DAZ Free Library.

Image Attachments
bad_welds.jpg
 Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 10 April 2014 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-11-11

That’s helpful.  So do the V3/M3 etc. face & expression morphs work on the Genesis model after the Gen 3 iconic shapes are installed?  Or does it just give you the base face/shape of the figure and you use the Genesis morphs after that?

Posted: 11 April 2014 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2005-01-19
Demonslayer - 10 April 2014 03:56 PM

That’s helpful.  So do the V3/M3 etc. face & expression morphs work on the Genesis model after the Gen 3 iconic shapes are installed?  Or does it just give you the base face/shape of the figure and you use the Genesis morphs after that?

Nope.

Gen 3 iconic shapes is for shapes and clones for autofit.

Morphs and faces are converted with genesis generation X2, http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2 you n,eed read thread from Dimension3D and manual to verify if it is posible transfers face/expressions from gen3 to G1/G2 with this tool and its add-on for Gen 3, http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle I was. reading a few, and I believe it is posible, but I’m not 100% sure.

Signature 

Playing with shaders

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/20283/

Posted: 11 April 2014 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-25

Poser is more forgiving than DS when it comes to unwelded mesh.  If it’s an older V3 product that was rigged in Poser, the mesh may be unwelded and that’s why it breaks up.

I know Poser has a weld function if you are exporting an obj file but I don’t remember if DS does or not.

Signature 

Posted: 11 April 2014 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1937
Joined  2005-04-15
gilikshe - 11 April 2014 01:20 AM
Demonslayer - 10 April 2014 03:56 PM

Nope.

Gen 3 iconic shapes is for shapes and clones for autofit.

Morphs and faces are converted with genesis generation X2, http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2 you n,eed read thread from Dimension3D and manual to verify if it is posible transfers face/expressions from gen3 to G1/G2 with this tool and its add-on for Gen 3, http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle I was. reading a few, and I believe it is posible, but I’m not 100% sure.

I’ve never done it, but the actual product description does seem to that say it transfers Gen3 expressions:  “After turning Genesis into one of the legacy figures with the according shape package, you can now give them back all the characters, shapes, and expressions that you have for the original figure. With GenX2, you can transfer all or selected morphs from a supported figure to Genesis or to Genesis 2 Male and Female. And thanks to the auto-follow feature of DAZ Studio, all clothing will also fit these morphs.” 

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 11 April 2014 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  2009-08-08

I’ve used A3 clothing on a GenXed A3/Genesis figure. Worked very well, although there is the usual issue of long skirts breaking up at the lower end. Gen3 shoes tend to fit to Genesis better than gen4 shoes, too.

1 of 3