3 of 3
Enough is about enough!!!
Posted: 04 June 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1567
Joined  2010-02-14
namffuak - 03 June 2012 09:29 PM

I would like to see a new sticky from the manager of the web team updated daily, about an hour before the end of the day. It should list the top six items being worked on, and for each a status of analyzing, coding, testing fix, or fixed. For each item listed as ‘fixed’, add another to the list. (Seems to me I proposed this the last time the store cutover fell on it’s face).

Just let us know WHAT is being worked on and WHEN you think it’s been fixed. PLEASE.

Oh my God! You have no idea how divinely symphonic that sounds to me right now! cheese I’m the kind of guy who feels like updates
and executive communication with a market audience only shows respectable diligence and efficiency.

And I cannot stress how much I agree with everyone concerned with the wonky sales prices. And again, If DAZ 3D has any sense as a company, the day when things finally settle down they will give all their sales a complete reset and a big, fat extension! smile

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 04 June 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04
RCDeschene - 04 June 2012 05:44 AM

I would like to see a new sticky from the manager of the web team updated daily, about an hour before the end of the day. It should list the top six items being worked on, and for each a status of analyzing, coding, testing fix, or fixed. For each item listed as ‘fixed’, add another to the list. (Seems to me I proposed this the last time the store cutover fell on it’s face).

Just let us know WHAT is being worked on and WHEN you think it’s been fixed. PLEASE.

Oh my God! You have no idea how divinely symphonic that sounds to me right now! cheese I’m the kind of guy who feels like updates
and executive communication with a market audience only shows respectable diligence and efficiency.

And I cannot stress how much I agree with everyone concerned with the wonky sales prices. And again, If DAZ 3D has any sense as a company, the day when things finally settle down they will give all their sales a complete reset and a big, fat extension! smile

Agreed.

Communication would go a long way.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 04 June 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2419
Joined  2007-12-07
RAMWolff - 03 June 2012 06:05 PM

Apparently they did some testing but as it seems not much at all before going live.

To be fair to the DAZ team - it is absolutely impossible to stress-test a test environment. A lot of the issues we’re seeing are caching and inter-server access issues. There are VERY few institutions that can afford to build a test environment that matches the production environment in all ways - paths to disk, network layout, cpu count, server count, memory, and all such similar items. And even if you get that - you can’t get a thousand testers to beat on it for two days.

I beg to differ.  It is supremely easy to stress/load-test any environment.  There are a boat-load of applications that, running on PCs/workstations as clients, can hammer a system pretty much as hard as you wish.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 04 June 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  623
Joined  2004-12-14
RCDeschene - 04 June 2012 05:44 AM

Oh my God! You have no idea how divinely symphonic that sounds to me right now! :cheese: I’m the kind of guy who feels like updates

And I cannot stress how much I agree with everyone concerned with the wonky sales prices. And again, If DAZ 3D has any sense as a company, the day when things finally settle down they will give all their sales a complete reset and a big, fat extension! :)

Look at who from DAZ shows up to talk about “cool” stuff at DAZ.  We get posts from Dan Farr, Daz_Rand, etc.

When things go into the toilet, we get a different group of folks, that are much farther down the food chain.  Dealing with irate customers isn’t “cool” from the “higher-ups” perspective, therefore they don’t bother.  Like most bad leadership, the only thing they want to hear from the customers how great they are.

On the other hand, we also have a number of folks here who are taking the “Stockholm Syndrome” approach, hoping that if we just keep forgiving them, they will eventually will get their act together.

From my perspective, the clock is ticking.  I have a business relationship with DAZ, not a personal one.  But if I did have a personal relationship, it would be time for some “tough love”.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4547
Joined  2004-08-11

I must defend Dan Farr on this one.  He’s logged in in the past to help belay rumors and impart information about how things are going with getting things resolved.  I really would love to have Rob pop in here actually.  He’s really more in the thick of this side of things.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  959
Joined  2006-06-12
RAMWolff - 04 June 2012 12:45 PM

I must defend Dan Farr on this one.  He’s logged in in the past to help belay rumors and impart information about how things are going with getting things resolved.  I really would love to have Rob pop in here actually.  He’s really more in the thick of this side of things.

That’s true.

I do remember Dan coming in to clear the air a time or two.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

Posted: 04 June 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7720
Joined  2006-03-19

I’m sure once DAZ has something solid to go on they will make some official statement.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 04 June 2012 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  623
Joined  2004-12-14
Frank0314 - 04 June 2012 02:30 PM

I’m sure once DAZ has something solid to go on they will make some official statement.

That will be too late for a lot of people.

As far as I am concerned, the DAZ head leadership are like the captain of that Italian cruise liner that wrecked in the Mediterranean a while back.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

3 of 3