Digital Art Zone

Aiden for M5 looks strange on Genesis
Posted: 02 June 2012 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-08-30

Hello, everyone.  So, Aiden…  Impulse purchased at a dollar.  I don’t have M5, but since I thought it was a Genesis variant, I got it anyway.  Now, when I apply the Aiden texture to a genesis body, it comes out looking cut up, ill placed, and well…  like it was a texture being used on the wrong body.  So…  Do I need to purchase M5 for this texture to work, or is there something else I should be doing?  I’ve included a picture showing what I’m talking about.  Thanks for any advice, and have a good weekend!

Image Attachments
problem.jpg

Posted: 02 June 2012 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5343
Joined  2005-08-29
Hrothmeir - 02 June 2012 05:35 PM

Hello, everyone.  So, Aiden…  Impulse purchased at a dollar.  I don’t have M5, but since I thought it was a Genesis variant, I got it anyway.  Now, when I apply the Aiden texture to a genesis body, it comes out looking cut up, ill placed, and well…  like it was a texture being used on the wrong body.  So…  Do I need to purchase M5 for this texture to work, or is there something else I should be doing?  I’ve included a picture showing what I’m talking about.  Thanks for any advice, and have a good weekend!

Looks like your UV mappings are wrong.

Select genesis and go to Surfaces tab, select UV Mapp M5, it’s probably set to something else, I know that happens sometimes.

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 02 June 2012 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3390
Joined  2012-02-06

Totte’s right…but in order to fix it, I’m pretty sure you’ll need to buy M5 (otherwise selecting the M5 UV map won’t be an option). Probably still a good $1 investment, if you’re planning to get M5 eventually…and even if you aren’t, the light preset included with Aiden is pretty good.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 02 June 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3317
Joined  2009-08-05

Yep. m5 uv texture sets require m5. Otherwise the m5 uv is not in the list.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 02 June 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-08-30

Cool, thanks!