Digital Art Zone

Python Scripts for Poser Pro 2012
Posted: 01 December 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2088
Joined  2003-10-09

Is there a list somewhere of python scripts that work in 2012? I was disappointed when many of my scripts i used in Poser 8 and 2010 didn’t work in Poser 9, Now I have Poser Pro 2012 and even scripts that worked in 9 won’t work in 2012.

Really looking for a texture filter script that works in 2012, but any scripts that work in 2012 would be great

Posted: 01 December 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2006-05-25

I know that most (almost all) Poser scripts at RDNA have been updated for 9/Pro 2012. I think there’s a full list of those updated scripts somewhere in the RDNA forums. That’s all that I know of since those are the only python scripts I regularly use.  I hadn’t noticed any scripts that didn’t work in both 9 and Pro 2012 since they use the same python which is different from 8 and older. (The more I read that last sentence, the less sense it seems to make. lol)

Oh, I remember that the DAZ products Crying Time and Hybrid Grunge Bundle have been updated for the latest Poser as I have both and they use python to apply the shaders.

What do you mean by “texture filter script”? What is such a script supposed to do? I might be able to help if I know what you mean. grin

Signature 

~Lizzie P.
Visit Dream 9 Studios for art, graphic novels, and more.
My RDNA Store | My Renderosity Store
Facebook | Twitter | deviantART

Posted: 01 December 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

from what i understand from what i have read is that some Poser 9 scripts don’t work in 2012 due to Poser 9 being a 32 bit program and Poser Pro 2012 is 64 bit. I don’t know for sure, but that is what I have gathered. I know I have scripts that work fine in 9 but I get error messages when I try to use them in 2012.

Texture Filtering scripts automatically change the texture settings from quality to crisp in the Poser material, settings. Its a real time consuming pain to change the settings one by one for all the materials in a scene

Posted: 01 December 2012 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-25

Ah, I used to use such a texture filtering script until I realized that if I just increased my render quality in Render Settings (lower minimum shading rate) then “quality” actually did look far better than “crisp” or “off”. I guess it’s just a preference though.

I think such a function is included in the Advanced Material Manager or one of Semidieu’s other many scripts but I’m not entirely sure. I’m currently rendering a large render right now (IDL, SSS, the works) or I’d check for you. You might message Semidieu at RDNA and ask. He’s certainly made a script for everything else!

Signature 

~Lizzie P.

Posted: 01 December 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

everything? has he made a script that will turn my computer into a magic ATM that spits out free money?

speaking of magic and python scripts, I once got the koolest error message when trying to run a script, it just said “ERROR: BAD MAGIC”
gave me a bit of a laugh

Posted: 01 December 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-05-25

I think that’s on his to do list. If it is, I plan on asking to be a beta tester. LOL wink

Signature 

~Lizzie P.

Posted: 01 December 2012 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

i lowered the minimum shader rate to 0 and increased the render quality 100% full, the textures still seem just a tad muddy to me, better, but not perfect

Posted: 01 December 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  994
Joined  2005-11-27
LycanthropeX - 01 December 2012 01:42 PM

everything? has he made a script that will turn my computer into a magic ATM that spits out free money?

speaking of magic and python scripts, I once got the koolest error message when trying to run a script, it just said “ERROR: BAD MAGIC”
gave me a bit of a laugh

How many times has Mrs. McGonagall told you to flick your wrist when you hit the “Render” button?

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 01 December 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2003-10-09

snarlygribbly’s Scene Fixer does the texture filtering thing along with a few other nice helpfuls in on small script.  And it’s free.  You can find links to his site on Renderosity or RDNA.  If you don’t mind paying, Netherworks Scene toy (@ RDNA) is a really nice one to have, and it also has texture filtering as a free addon.