Joined  2010-03-01
chohole - 04 December 2012 05:19 PM

Ah,  you’re more like this then

Yep, me and the cat we “know”.

Posted: 04 December 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  483
Joined  2003-11-30

So, ya wanna story, do ya? Hokay, how’ziss? Wussa ‘pon a time on da mythical Island of York dere was a magical place called Central Park. Central Park was da home to da mythical Beer Brewin’ Elves whoes jobs it wuz t’ gadder all udda mythical Brew Berries what grew on da bushes in da Park. The Brew Elves would crushes da berries t’ make da beer for Ol’ St. Nick sos he could fly ‘round da woild deliverin’ packages ‘n’ presents t’ all da people uddda Oith. De End. Oh, and dey made pizza, too. De End.

1.) Shawn for M4++ Character Morph. Registration Required.

2.) Moustache 19th from Top.

3.) Mitch Hair

4.) Unforgiven for Aiko 3 Cigar Prop Only. Download Link on Right.

5.) Gruffles the Elf]Gruffles the Elf Registration Required.

6.) Pizza Box with Pizza Registration Required.

7.) Pressoir Registration Required.

8.) Wooden Crate with Apples Registration Required.

9.) Nikisatez’s Free Tree Stump Registration Requied.

10.) Le-seau Registration Required. It’s the bucket.

11.) Cardbord Box 1st Item.

12.) Fence 3DS Format.

The Santa Claus Outfit for Michael 3 was a free give-away from Most Digital Creations for the 2010 season and is now only available as a paid for item. So, I guess it’s a paid for now? Also paid for, Michael 4, Morphs++ and Michael 3 (to set up the Santa Claus outfit). The beer bottles used in the render are, alas, no longer available.

The 3DS Models in this render were converted to .obj format for import into Studio using PoserRay, available Through This Link Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

Some of the items used in the render were Poser or Daz Studio dependent and were replaced with native Bryce materials for effect. Figure set-up in Studio 2.3 (I’m havin’ a tough time with 4.5, okay?!?) and final render in Bryce 7.1 (that I got to work!). No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

Image Attachments
Real_Man_Santa_MASTER_copy.jpg

Posted: 04 December 2012 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5621
Joined  2005-04-16
Lord Ganthor - 04 December 2012 07:03 PM

So, ya wanna story, do ya? Hokay, how’ziss? Wussa ‘pon a time on da mythical Island of York dere was a magical place called Central Park. Central Park was da home to da mythical Beer Brewin’ Elves whoes jobs it wuz t’ gadder all udda mythical Brew Berries what grew on da bushes in da Park. The Brew Elves would crushes da berries t’ make da beer for Ol’ St. Nick sos he could fly ‘round da woild deliverin’ packages ‘n’ presents t’ all da people uddda Oith. De End. Oh, and dey made pizza, too. De End.

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?_cfgetx=img.rx:600;img.ry:500;&&ACT;=50&fid=41&aid=36466_7M7Gvy8h9RyfS3G75dgw&thumb=1&board_id=1

Ah…Christmas with Da Real Man!  Great!  LOL

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 04 December 2012 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2005-06-23

Thanks for the rest of the congrats grin

I’m trying to think about what I’m gonna do still. Question - sorry if this has been asked already - are we allowed to use the Christmas freebies from this year for our entries?

Posted: 04 December 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1860
Joined  2006-02-17

I’m running behind a bit… the mini-contest area in the gallery is created and the banner for the main contest is in place.  Alexa will try to get the entries in place tomorrow morning.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 04 December 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24
perlk - 04 December 2012 08:08 PM

Thanks for the rest of the congrats grin

I’m trying to think about what I’m gonna do still. Question - sorry if this has been asked already - are we allowed to use the Christmas freebies from this year for our entries?

I will allow any “free” Christmas items out there for your render to fall under the “no count” rule, since most are only free for 1 day only.

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Kendall Sears - 04 December 2012 09:24 PM

I’m running behind a bit… the mini-contest area in the gallery is created and the banner for the main contest is in place.  Alexa will try to get the entries in place tomorrow morning.

Kendall

thanks Kendall and Alexa too

Signature 

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

3.) Mitch Hair

12.) Fence 3DS Format.

The Santa Claus Outfit for Michael 3 was a free give-away from Most Digital Creations for the 2010 season and is now only available as a paid for item. So, I guess it’s a paid for now? Also paid for, Michael 4, Morphs++ and Michael 3 (to set up the Santa Claus outfit). The beer bottles used in the render are, alas, no longer available.

The 3DS Models in this render were converted to .obj format for import into Studio using PoserRay, available Through This Link Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

Some of the items used in the render were Poser or Daz Studio dependent and were replaced with native Bryce materials for effect. Figure set-up in Studio 2.3 (I’m havin’ a tough time with 4.5, okay?!?) and final render in Bryce 7.1 (that I got to work!). No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright notice.

and what would a contest be without an appearance by da real man

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2012 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15922
Joined  2003-10-09
jeeperz - 04 December 2012 10:01 PM

3.) Mitch Hair

12.) Fence 3DS Format.

and what would a contest be without an appearance by da real man

I totally agree.  And LG, don’t forget to give him a 2nd outing in this thread   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9770/  Pretty please.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 05 December 2012 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  679
Joined  2009-03-17

I stumbled across this story (quite literally) back in my drinking days (and saw more than a few elves too).

I believe it’s actually a true story, except that Ganthor’s probably kidding us about the pizza, because it hasn’t happened like this in many decades. God only knows what gets Santa airborne these days. Those of us old enough remember can tell the younger crowd that our presents from Santa always had a yeasty smell to them.

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  483
Joined  2003-11-30
Dorseyland - 05 December 2012 06:43 AM

I stumbled across this story (quite literally) back in my drinking days (and saw more than a few elves too).

I believe it’s actually a true story, except that Ganthor’s probably kidding us about the pizza, because it hasn’t happened like this in many decades. God only knows what gets Santa airborne these days. Those of us old enough remember can tell the younger crowd that our presents from Santa always had a yeasty smell to them.

Actually, it’s based on an even older legendary tale about the elves that lived in the mountains in my native state of Tennessee, except they didn’t make beer. It was more…uh, corn based. What we didn’t drink we used to run our go-carts. And our elves didn’t make pizza, it was ham hocks and cornbread, or course.

And chohole, consider your request done. I’ll be interested to see the reaction…

Posted: 05 December 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

It is 10:10 am EST.  I am beginning the mini challenge.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 05 December 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-17

And with about 2 min. to spare here it the preliminary render. will resubmit with shadows.

title: Turf War

Edit:  Here is the finished render.  for some reason the snowflakes didn’t show up in the preview render.

Image Attachments
turf_2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2012 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

Ahh. a catapult or is that threveche (yeah, don’t know how to spell it) ook out, I think they have an advantage…  good one BWSman, just in time

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-17
jeeperz - 05 December 2012 10:59 AM

Ahh. a catapult or is that threveche (yeah, don’t know how to spell it) ook out, I think they have an advantage…  good one BWSman, just in time

It is a catapult.  A trebuchet has a longer throwing arm and uses weights to create the throwing force (a catapult uses the energy for twisting ropes to swing the arm).

Signature 

6 of 33