Digital Art Zone

11 of 33
THE 4TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND contest/challenge
Posted: 09 December 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  690
Joined  2009-03-17

MINI-CONTEST ENTRY

Not as funny as I set out to do, but I realised when I was finished why, and why I came up with this scene—there is literally no food in my fridge! (Waiting for my wife to return from The Hunt.)

Freaky Snow Baby from RuntimeDNA, fridge by Wayne Gribdberg at WG3D.

Image Attachments
SnowBabyFridge.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24
Dorseyland - 09 December 2012 09:09 AM

MINI-CONTEST ENTRY

Not as funny as I set out to do, but I realised when I was finished why, and why I came up with this scene—there is literally no food in my fridge! (Waiting for my wife to return from The Hunt.)

Freaky Snow Baby from RuntimeDNA, fridge by Wayne Gribdberg at WG3D.

now I know why we all love ya Dorseyland, you are one twisted puppy, (just kidding) I like the twist of having the snowman in the fridge. and with 6 minutes to spare. Do you need to re-render or is this the final one?

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 09 December 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17

No, that’s it. I’m full now. (A good hunt.)

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

LOL
the better half saved the day again!!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2003-11-30

I would have entered something for the mini-contest, but…(jumping up and down excitedly and screaming) I got Studio 4.5 to work! I got Genesis to work! I’m making characters!! Okay, so maybe it’s not a big deal for some folks, but I feel like I’m the last kid on the block to get a new bike or something. Right now I’m pouring all my efforts into seeing what this baby will do and having loads of fun doing it. Don’t expect a Real Man Genesis right away (I’ve got somebody working on that) and I have zero add-ons right now, but maybe soon. Hope to enter at least once more in the main contest, but we’ll see how the time works out.

Posted: 09 December 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

NICE…..

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2830
Joined  2010-11-30
Lord Ganthor - 09 December 2012 10:08 AM

I would have entered something for the mini-contest, but…(jumping up and down excitedly and screaming) I got Studio 4.5 to work! I got Genesis to work! I’m making characters!! Okay, so maybe it’s not a big deal for some folks, but I feel like I’m the last kid on the block to get a new bike or something. Right now I’m pouring all my efforts into seeing what this baby will do and having loads of fun doing it. Don’t expect a Real Man Genesis right away (I’ve got somebody working on that) and I have zero add-ons right now, but maybe soon. Hope to enter at least once more in the main contest, but we’ll see how the time works out.

Y’know, you can use characters other than Genesis in Studio 4… or so I’m told. (Still running Studio 3 here wink )

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 09 December 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2005-06-23

My render stopped in the middle of the night. I am re-rendering my final and will post when it is done.

Posted: 09 December 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

no worries, just as long as you can get it in by the close of the mini you’re fine

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2003-11-30
robkelk - 09 December 2012 10:24 AM

Y’know, you can use characters other than Genesis in Studio 4… or so I’m told. (Still running Studio 3 here wink )

Oh yeah, but…since I port over to Bryce for my final renders, the Genesis figure(s) seem to be much smaller file wise and import much faster and use less resources than the Gen4 figures. Or at least that’s what some of my early tests indicate. Bryce doesn’t like anything that’s too big poly wise or texture wise. If I remember right, Bryce has a 2 meg limit on file sizes. Anything over that and it refuses to save. Nothing wrong with the Gen4 figures, Lord love ‘em, but they are pretty memory intensive.

Posted: 09 December 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

I have had 4 people so far that have entered the mini challenge, 4….. although I am glad to see those 4 renders (please don’t take this wrong), but DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  is everyone too busy to join in the fun??? I don’t think I can recall a mini contest with so little entries. and ya ‘all been lacking on the renders too for the month, I know that December everyone is busy with holiday shopping and baking and family, but, really????
Now that I have vented on the subject, let’s get busy….
I am standing ready with a table full of holiday pies to through at anyone who just doesn’t have it together for this month yet….

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2005-06-23
jeeperz - 09 December 2012 01:31 PM

I have had 4 people so far that have entered the mini challenge, 4….. although I am glad to see those 4 renders (please don’t take this wrong), but DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  is everyone too busy to join in the fun??? I don’t think I can recall a mini contest with so little entries. and ya ‘all been lacking on the renders too for the month, I know that December everyone is busy with holiday shopping and baking and family, but, really????
I am standing ready with a table full of holiday pies to through at anyone who just doesn’t have it together for this month yet….

Throw one to me, I’m hungry. Seriously, people, if I can do a mini-contest render AND take care of a 3 week old, surely the rest of you can enter! cheese

Speaking of which, the final render is being REALLY finicky, it keeps stopping after 2 hours of rendering for no apparent reason, I adjusted my settings and it appears to be going okay now. I’m hoping it’ll be done within the next hour.

Posted: 09 December 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17

I’ll have one of those pies too, Jeeps. I’m hungry again.

Image Attachments
SnowBaby2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
perlk - 09 December 2012 01:58 PM
jeeperz - 09 December 2012 01:31 PM

Throw one to me, I’m hungry. Seriously, people, if I can do a mini-contest render AND take care of a 3 week old, surely the rest of you can enter! cheese

Speaking of which, the final render is being REALLY finicky, it keeps stopping after 2 hours of rendering for no apparent reason, I adjusted my settings and it appears to be going okay now. I’m hoping it’ll be done within the next hour.

thanks perlk, you get one handed to you nicely

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Dorseyland - 09 December 2012 02:11 PM

I’ll have one of those pies too, Jeeps. I’m hungry again.

you too Dorsey… and love the melted version

Signature 

11 of 33