8 of 33
THE 4TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND contest/challenge
Posted: 06 December 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2005-06-23
Tallulahdahling - 05 December 2012 04:25 PM
perlk - 02 December 2012 12:07 PM

OT - hi everyone! Just wanted to drop in and say hello… and share some news.

I had been in and out of the hospital pretty much the entire first two weeks of November. But on November 15, when I was admitted to the hospital with severe pre-eclampsia, and the doctors decided to induce me. The medication for induction didn’t take, so on Saturday, November 17, I had a c-section and gave birth to my little son, Jesse. He was 5 weeks early, 4lb, 7.6oz and 19 inches long. He was in the NICU for 12 days, and on Thursday evening, my husband and I took him home for the first time!

So… we’re home now, and I’m sure I’ll have a little bit of free time to come back and start participating in contests again. I’ve missed you all terribly!

Here’s a picture of me with him when he was in the NICU, he was about a week old here.

What a sweet and happy photo! 

Congratulations Perlk!  May Jesse be healthy, happy and strong in every way.

Thank you, Tallulah!

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  424
Joined  2003-11-30
druc - 06 December 2012 08:55 AM

Lord Ganther, maybe you should send your elves out to scavenge one of these. Just don’t let the marshal catch you. LOL

Oh wow! Just like back home! Seriously…I’ve seen a few in my day. Now you’re making me thirsty…

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  424
Joined  2003-11-30
Alexa Sears - 06 December 2012 12:54 PM
DanaTA - 06 December 2012 12:16 PM
Alexa Sears - 06 December 2012 08:31 AM

Title: Lucy Discovers That Shroeder is also a Percussionist
Here’s what really happened when Lucy insulted Beethoven in front of Shroeder: dah dah dah DUN!

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?_cfgetx=img.rx:600;img.ry:400;&&ACT;=50&fid=41&aid=36763_8nwmtYg83denelHv3Kav&thumb=1&board_id=1

That’s funny, but Shroeder isn’t the violent type.

Dana

That’s the theme of this month: a different take on the story. smile  Besides that, Lucy could make a Saint turn violent. grin

Alexa wink

Not the violent type? On more than one occasion Schroeder yanked the piano out from under Lucy, thunking her head on the floor.  My favorite Peanuts gag…

Schroeder to Lucy: “Lucy, do you like Beethoven?”
Lucy: “I don’t know. Maybe just a small glass.”

Wonderful render, Alexa. You caught the spirit of the strip!

Posted: 07 December 2012 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2007-08-12

Sorry I was not around I was in the hospital and just got home today.

Signature 

Mavelle
Live is to short to have no fun So Keep Smiling%-P

Posted: 07 December 2012 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2007-08-12

I had been in and out of the hospital pretty much the entire first two weeks of November. But on November 15, when I was admitted to the hospital with severe pre-eclampsia, and the doctors decided to induce me. The medication for induction didn’t take, so on Saturday, November 17, I had a c-section and gave birth to my little son, Jesse. He was 5 weeks early, 4lb, 7.6oz and 19 inches long. He was in the NICU for 12 days, and on Thursday evening, my husband and I took him home for the first time!

So… we’re home now, and I’m sure I’ll have a little bit of free time to come back and start participating in contests again. I’ve missed you all terribly!

Here’s a picture of me with him when he was in the NICU, he was about a week old here.

Gongrats Perl he is adorable beautyfull:lol:

Signature 

Mavelle
Live is to short to have no fun So Keep Smiling%-P

Posted: 07 December 2012 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1064
Joined  2003-11-24

sorry to hear you were in the hospital Mav, hope everything is ok for you. Take care

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 07 December 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

There are only 3 more days for the mini contest, and only 1 entry. BWSman is going to get all the prizes if no one else enters. Sunday midnight is the last day for the mini with a $5 DAZ GC and Santa sleigh with gifts.

Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23
Mavelle - 07 December 2012 04:14 AM

Gongrats Perl he is adorable beautyfull:lol:

Thank you, Mavelle!

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23

OK… so here’s my first entry since May…wow… hope this is okay and complies to all rules. I will be posting a post-worked version too obviously not as my main entry.

Jack’s Secret

Jack Frost is the king of the cold. He reigns over all things icy, and his name is synonymous with winter’s chill. But Jack has a secret. After a long day of icing the world, he enjoys a hot bath and a hot cup of cocoa. Ssshhh…. don’t tell anyone…

1. Jayson for M4 (morph)
2. Liung for M4 (texture)
3. Marble Tile Floor
4. Photo Mug
5. Candy Cane
6. Carpet Prop (one line up from bottom)
7. Bath tub
8. Kozaburo Messy Hair
9. Real textures for Messy Hair
10. Winter Pictures

Not counted: M4

MIA: Holiday Room

Paid: SkinVue Wet Skin Shader

Rendered in Poser 9. Post-work to add signature and save for web size in Photoshop CS4.

Image Attachments
jackfrost.jpg

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23

And post-worked version…

Image Attachments
jackfrost-pw.jpg

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
perlk - 07 December 2012 11:26 AM

OK… so here’s my first entry since May…wow… hope this is okay and complies to all rules. I will be posting a post-worked version too obviously not as my main entry.

Jack’s Secret

Jack Frost is the king of the cold. He reigns over all things icy, and his name is synonymous with winter’s chill. But Jack has a secret. After a long day of icing the world, he enjoys a hot bath and a hot cup of cocoa. Ssshhh…. don’t tell anyone…

1. Jayson for M4 (morph)
3. Marble Tile Floor
4. Photo Mug
5. Candy Cane
7. Bath tub
8. Kozaburo Messy Hair
10. Winter Pictures

Rendered in Poser 9. Post-work to add signature and save for web size in Photoshop CS4.

Very nice perlk, nice too see one of your renders again. All links good, and yes the MIA Holiday room is definitely not there, was that the holiday room that SAMS3D had? You have enough freebies to qualify and your ENTRY IS ACCEPTED as we are saying now. Love the postwork one too. too bad you couldn’t find a free smoke to work for the steam effect.

Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23
jeeperz - 07 December 2012 11:40 AM
perlk - 07 December 2012 11:26 AM

Jack’s Secret

1. Jayson for M4 (morph)
3. Marble Tile Floor
4. Photo Mug
5. Candy Cane
7. Bath tub
8. Kozaburo Messy Hair
10. Winter Pictures

Very nice perlk, nice too see one of your renders again. All links good, and yes the MIA Holiday room is definitely not there, was that the holiday room that SAMS3D had? You have enough freebies to qualify and your ENTRY IS ACCEPTED as we are saying now. Love the postwork one too. too bad you couldn’t find a free smoke to work for the steam effect.

Yeah, all the smoke I could find were brushes and end up qualifying as post-work. The only fog prop I could find didn’t work, I tried it and it looked silly. Oh well.

The holiday room was the one given away in 2010 by DAZ. I couldn’t find it anywhere other than at that link but the link to download is dead. :-(

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14154
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, unfortunately most of the old PA 24days giveaways went missing in action along with the old freebie archive.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Spring Bryce Rendering Challenge        April Freebie Challenge
My DAZ Gallery    11915

Posted: 07 December 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23
chohole - 07 December 2012 11:46 AM

Yes, unfortunately most of the old PA 24days giveaways went missing in action along with the old freebie archive.

This makes Kara a very sad panda indeed. Good thing I keep back-ups.

Posted: 07 December 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17
perlk - 07 December 2012 11:45 AM

Yeah, all the smoke I could find were brushes and end up qualifying as post-work. The only fog prop I could find didn’t work, I tried it and it looked silly. Oh well.

You might want to look at this for the next time:
http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_47.htm  16from the top.

Image Attachments
SmokeThumb.jpg
 Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

8 of 33