Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Question about the Daz FBX Exporter
Posted: 18 November 2012 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2011-07-16

Hi gcookman, I agree with Bigh.  I tried to play around with dynamic clothes exporting once, but it’s impossible to get your Daz dynamic clothing working in anything other than Carrara. (Maybe if you’re advanced super-brain it might be, but for the average hobbist consumer like myself, it’s not)

As Daz is SO hopeless at attaching ‘sef-made/non-AniMate’ BVH’s to it’s characters, I’m simply exporting out the models, and then using iClone’s 3DXchange Pipeline to attach them instead.  Then tweaking the poke-throughs and hand gestures in Motionbuilder.

Daz really needs to address it’s timeline functionality. If I want my character to belly-dance or perform martial arts..I’m laughing!, but if you assign BVH’s (in my case, made in Ipi Soft)......you get roadkill.

Sort it out in version 5 please Daz!  smile Wake up.

Posted: 19 November 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for the above Bigh, that’s a bummer.

Posted: 19 November 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2011-07-16

Hi all (again)....listen, I know I’m a novice at Daz…hands up, I admit it!

If you make a fat guy dance in Daz, his belly bounces! right?

....is there a way (via a third-party plug-in perhaps) to export those weight maps (or ...ahem….whatever they’re called) into Motionbuilder?

Would love to know th answer to THAT one! smile

Posted: 23 November 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2003-10-09

Hey Carder,
I’ve managed to export the dynamic clothes animation by using the “freeze animation” function in the Dynamic plug in add on. When the dynamic bit loses touch with the main figure once in Maya. Hopefully I get that sussed sooner rather than later!!!!
Now I’ve always found attaching BVH pretty good in Daz, what’s the issue you have? The poke through thang! have you tried the Apply smoothing modifier? You have to be on the scene tab, select the item of clothing, then that little dropdown at the top left edit>geometry>apply smoothing modifier (4.5.1.6 version should be there in previous versions) should save you a bit of time it’s fairly swift.
Will keep an eye out for the weight maps problem not my bag I’m afraid. But surely if he’s a fat guy he’ll be carry the weight anyway!!!!!

2 of 2