Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Slooooow Download
Posted: 30 November 2012 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

The fastest I’ve ever gotten from here…about 360 k….average about 200 k.  Last download…the beta…average around 195k.

Fastest from any other site about 385k average around 200k.

Of course, that’s when I’ve got ‘exclusive’ run of my internet connection.  If anyone in the house is streaming something, I’m lucky to break 100k…anywhere.

Some other things…Cloudflare filters ‘malicious’ visitors…through many means, from IP blocking to ‘behavior tracking’, UA string (browser identification) checking and all sorts of other things. 

Also there are a couple of other things in play on the site, in general…including some stuff from Amazon and Google servers.  Any/all can slow things down if they aren’t getting to you.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 30 November 2012 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1708
Joined  2008-05-31

Mine is faster today than it use to be, though it goes up and down, from 500 KB to 2.2 MB (much like with the old store actually). These are average values based on last 10 seconds, not spikes. I use to get about 1 MB on average almost anytime. 

I’m using my own download program (see link below), don’t know if it has anything to do with that.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 30 November 2012 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1708
Joined  2008-05-31

If you’re using XP it may help tweaking TCP, I used to get max 500 KB from DAZ, after tweaking I suddenly got up to 2.2 MB. You can test your connection here and tweak with DrTCP if necessary:

http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks
http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp

Vista and Win 7 have dynamic TCP and should not need tweaking.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 01 December 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  409
Joined  2011-04-18
Stezza - 30 November 2012 05:49 PM

looks like DAZ has applied speed humps to cut costs cool grin

If they did this to cut costs, they should fire their controllers. Slow downloads make customers hesitate to order, and that would mean more loss than profit.

2 of 2